Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am seriously struggling

I loved the Protein powder from costco before surgery, but have a hard time getting it down now, do the premade taste better then the powder?

The liquid diet is a struggle but the end result is worth it!

Revision 1/31/13 by Dr Cabrera and Venezuela in MX

I had to add Decaf coffee to mine to make it less sweet and I heated it up.

My favorite thing during liquids was to boil black Beans in chicken broth and then purée them in the blender... Strain the Beans and the Soup is amazing and fills good on your stomach. I even added a lil sour cream for a slight thickness and it was so amazing. It's just what you need to get away from all the sweet Protein flavors and drinks

That sounds yummy. I'm going to try that when I'm post op. I can't have the beans during my particular "liver shrink" preop diet through :-(

That sounds yummy. I'm going to try that when I'm post op. I can't have the Beans during my particular "liver shrink" preop diet through :-(

The preop diet is hard but it has an awesome prize waiting at the end! I took one day at a time, just get through today, and before I knew it the next day was surgery!! :)

After your surgery your sleeve is like a giant will power with the ability to say nah I don't want that

:)

Unjury has a chicken Protein Drink. I ordered online. My nut told me about it.

Target sells a black bean Soup already prepared like someone had mentioned. Its prefect for the liquid stay and u feel like u have real food. Protein powders i love Syntrax Nectar. U can only buy it online or i have only found it there. I bought from the sweets line and its like having chocolate milk. Its non gritty whey and onde mixed doesnt seperate out bad, i make the whole days in the mrning and measure out when the time comes. Best part its affordable i think i spent 36 at bariatricchoice.com and its a huge bucket. Syntrax has koolaide like flavors, juice, unflavored and others. I spent three months picking out my powder cause i am so picky. It has made my liquid diet easier to get through. I am trykng the unflavored in Jello i made later. Good luck

That sounds yummy. I'm going to try that when I'm post op. I can't have the Beans during my particular "liver shrink" preop diet through :-(

Target sells one in the cream Soup isle and it is amazing.

I'm on day two op my preop liquid diet and I think the whey protien (syntax nectar) gives me the major runs. So bad it burns (tmi sorry). Has this happened to anyone else.

I'm on day two op my preop liquid diet and I think the whey protien (syntax nectar) gives me the major runs. So bad it burns (tmi sorry). Has this happened to anyone else.

I had to quit using my powdered shake mix. It was just too rich and did the same thing to me as it does to you, even when i tried it with Water. The premixed was fine and also the Protein sports drinks.. Isopure and designer whey blitz. I bought too much of it so hoping it will work ok down the road when i am eating more solid food.

I had to quit using my powdered shake mix. It was just too rich and did the same thing to me as it does to you, even when i tried it with Water. The premixed was fine and also the Protein sports drinks.. Isopure and designer whey blitz. I bought too much of it so hoping it will work ok down the road when i am eating more solid food.

Thanks

Let us know how the Jello turns out

It taste pretty good i cant taste the powder. The top has a little foam from blending it but i wanted to be sure it mixed so u could avoid that probably. For much cheaper than premade i have Jello with five grams per half cup. Im going to try increasing it to a full scoop so ten g per half cup. I recommend this

I had the runs when i went on my pre op diet too no matter what i drank. I think it the increase Fluid combined with nothing to really work at to digest so it just cleans u out

Hazel I tried looking it up and couldn't get any nutrition info on it. Do you know what the sodium is?

Here's the label. Hope this helps! :)

post-52170-13813663474254_thumb.jpg