Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! 4day post op. Not sure about diet

Surgery 1-17-13. I have conflicting info on what to eat this first week and how long I should be eating what. I have been told liquid diet for one week but not sure I am doing that right. So far, small sips of Ensure, Water, yogurt, chicken broth.< /p>

I bought some Unjury unflavored Protein and I add that to just about everything that isn't already a Protein Drink. My favorite is to add a little bit to cups of tea--get my liquid and some protein all in one.

Surgery 1-17-13. I have conflicting info on what to eat this first week and how long I should be eating what. I have been told liquid diet for one week but not sure I am doing that right. So far, small sips of Ensure, Water, yogurt, chicken broth.

That sounds right. Did you get some directions for your diet from your Dr. or NUT? That should be what you want to follow.

Surgery 1-17-13. I have conflicting info on what to eat this first week and how long I should be eating what. I have been told liquid diet for one week but not sure I am doing that right. So far' date=' small sips of Ensure, Water, yogurt, chicken broth.[/quote']

Sounds like you are doing the right thing.I was sent home on full liquids so anything of yogurt consistency or thinner without chunks was fine:)

Surgery 1-17-13. I have conflicting info on what to eat this first week and how long I should be eating what. I have been told liquid diet for one week but not sure I am doing that right. So far, small sips of Ensure, Water, yogurt, chicken broth.

Surgery 1-17-13. I have conflicting info on what to eat this first week and how long I should be eating what. I have been told liquid diet for one week but not sure I am doing that right. So far, small sips of Ensure, Water, yogurt, chicken broth.< /p>

Surgery 1-17-13. I have conflicting info on what to eat this first week and how long I should be eating what. I have been told liquid diet for one week but not sure I am doing that right. So far, small sips of Ensure, water, yogurt, chicken broth.

All Dr.s are different on what thehave u doing post op. I am one week outmuchm.

and on Full liquids and doing fine. Just not

Much variety. Creamed Soups, yogurt, sugarfree

pudding, cottage cheese, applesauce, gello

I went to a class. I received a packet post op. Met with a dietícian post op. She was sounding quite "ify" to me. Since I don't know when I'm full it's difficult. I feel like I am barely in taking much. Thats the other thing she did not tell me how much I should eat/drink and of what. What are the basic intake needs? No clue!!!

Well has been stated already every Dr./NUT has a different system. But I will tell you what mine was, but you should probably call your surgeons office and ask them to confirm what they want. Anyhow my first 2 week post op were full liquids, that is anything the consistency that you could drink through a straw but you should not use a straw at this point due to increased air consumption. I was advised to drink about 4 oz every hour at first until I could tolerate a little more, it didn't take me long to be able drink about 6 oz an hour. You need to try to get as much Protein as possible because this will prevent you from being overly fatigued, my dr recommended a minimum of 60 grams a day. During liquids I didn't worry about calories or carbs at all. It's also worth noting that most people don't feel any full feeling until they get to solid food, that was the case for me personally.

Usually 4 to 8 oz. Or 1/4 cup servings, like a

1/4 yogurt mixed with 1/4 cottage cheese. Your Protein shake can be 8 to 16 oz

Sometimes takes an hour to drink.

dinner is like

1/2 cup cr Soup and1/4 applesauce.

Hope this helps

Surgery 1-17-13. I have conflicting info on what to eat this first week and how long I should be eating what. I have been told liquid diet for one week but not sure I am doing that right. So far' date=' small sips of Ensure, Water, yogurt, chicken broth.[/quote']

Not Ensure! That's the worse Protein drink ever. Read the nutrition table. High in carbs n low in Protein.< /p>

Continue that for 2 weeks then purée

Sent from my iPhone using VST

What is pureed food? I'm sorry for asking..

Puréed food is any good that had been blended or mashed to be a soft smooth consistency, like baby food. My dietician says I can purée whatever food I like and to try spaghetti bolognaise, lasagna and Mac and cheese

Puréed food is any good that had been blended or mashed to be a soft smooth consistency' date=' like baby food. My dietician says I can purée whatever food I like and to try spaghetti bolognaise, lasagna and Mac and cheese[/quote']

Food*** not good haha