Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When do you buy new clothes?

I am down 29lbs and my clothes is a little loose but I am only 5 weeks post op and I know I will lose more. When did y'all start buying clothes. I have a Vegas trip next week and I want to at least get a dress. I don't know what do you think? What if I haven't gone down a size? I'm sure I have I just don't want to jump the gun.

I'm six weeks out. Down 55 lbs. I went from XXL to XL in pants. My pants, sweat pants were falling off and all bunched up around my waist.

I purchased a couple pairs of pants a new belt. My body frame supported the XXl shirt size though. My clothes were falling me and I'm very happy about it and certainly not complaining.

I think that with a trip I would want some clothes that fit. You can always try clearance racks, discount stores like tj max and marshall's, or my all-time favorite is goodwill. ;) I have plenty of clothes from before, so I have been very lucky.

I go to good will and get 2 pair of jeans at a time. I wear them till they don't stay on!

Then I spend an hour fishing threw them all and pick the 2 cutest jeans... sometimes I'm lucky and find designer jeans in my size!

And they are already comfy and broke in! LoL

When to buy new clothes? Sometime before the current ones fall off your azz.

This will be one time when I can't wait to be naked with my clothes falling off!! I just might let it all hang out, maybe wear banana leaves, lol

Ooh thank you ladies. They aren't falling yet but hopefully soon. I just got a cute top from a clearance rack. Now I just need a skirt or dress.

I try not to buy too many clothes because im down 50 lbs and they are just falling off so I buy everything maybe a size smaller so I can shrink into it

My mom and future mother in law are compulsive shoppers. They went well before I even had surgery and got me a bunch of tops. I was down 40ishlbs when I tried jeans shopping. I am down 2 pant and 2 top sizes (I was a 1x/2x and tight 20- now I'm in a large and a comfy 16).

I had some clothes back down to size 14 so I didn't need to buy too much fortunately. I started out at a stuffed size 22 or 2x at 268lbs last January. By the end of February, 20s were loose and my 2x tops were too big. By June I was starting into size 16 with some smaller 1x tops fitting and even starting to buy regular size XL tops. I hit solid into 14 by the end of summer.

I wouldn't encourage crazy clothes shopping for as long as you can put it off. The sized go so fast in the first year that unless they literally won't stay on you, keep wearing them until you can't! I bought a beautiful interview dress in late spring and ended up returning it because by the time the interviews happened, it was too big. That was my final Womens' size purchase/return!

I've been in 14 & L or XL for several months now. I'm just back on the exercise routine so I may loose a little more but I've just started to really invest in clothes again and I'm a year out.

Good luck!

I think I could be a clothes hoarder...I honestly can't remember prior to this surgery when I got rid of clothes. I knew I would be able to wear them all again, and woo-hoo I was right! I am slowly shrinking back through my closet, and my auxilary closet. I am going through this weekend though, and getting rid of all of the clothes I have shrunk out of so far, and hanging up more small ones for inspiration. I have all sizes from 2-24 since I used to be small! Congrats on your loss, and enjoy Vegas!!

I say go ahead and buy one. It will make you feel great, and your on vacation:). Enjoy your trip!

Lol i love this...so funny..but really true

Thank you guys for your feedback. I totally understand the hoarding. I had so many shirts and dressed that I wouldn't get rid of because I felt I was giving up. I can wear those now yay!