Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey!! Im scheduled last week in feb. I also am going ti Mexico. Dr aceves. Im so excited-nervous. I have never even been to an airport before much less the plane!! I am paying for mine outofpocket with my tax refund! I know my insurance wont pay cuz my bmi is only 32! What are the insurance req. Do any places in the us work with you on payments like in mexico.

If you have high blood pressure, cholestal, or borderline diabetics you may qualify with your insurance company.

I'm fortunate that we have a third party patient advocacy program that's separate from our insurance but acts as sort of a middle man; explaining benefits' date=' procedures, a 24 hr rn, etc, etc. My advocate and assigned rn have been so helpful. The rn has called to check in on how I'm getting on in the process every few weeks. She answers any questions I have and talks to me about all sorts of health/lifestyle related issues my family may be concerned with. So far I've been checking off the pre-op requirements at a fairly steady pace. This week I've had nothing to do and the next thing I have to get done isn't until the 30th. The more time passes, the more room my nerves have to grow. It's so strange to me to be both terrified and extremely excited. Reminds me of my first pregnancy. Anyone else wishing March world hurry up already?[/quote']

Wishing March was here.....

As the time gets closer the more exciteded but scared i get! Hows everyone else feeling?

As the time gets closer the more exciteded but scared i get! Hows everyone else feeling?

I've got my nose to the grindstone working to reach my preop goal weight. It's good that I have this goal since I WANT the date to hurry up and get here.. but no so fast that I can't lose the weight first! I'm still super positive about the procedure. Not worried about the actual operation, more nervous about failing.

Failure is not an option I've done the 12 i had to lose will also be on Atkin or slim fast shakes 5 days prior

I think when you've been overweight basically your whole life, you get used to not feeling "worth it" or feeling like you don't deserve the best. We get used to failing. We have to STOP this way of thinking. We ARE worth it. We CAN do it. When we start our pre op diets, we just have to keep thinking that we CAN, and we WILL, and we are WORTH THE TROUBLE, damn it.

I think when you've been overweight basically your whole life' date=' you get used to not feeling "worth it" or feeling like you don't deserve the best. We get used to failing. We have to STOP this way of thinking. We ARE worth it. We CAN do it. When we start our pre op diets, we just have to keep thinking that we CAN, and we WILL, and we are WORTH THE TROUBLE, damn it.[/quote']

Cant agree more!

I've got my nose to the grindstone working to reach my preop goal weight. It's good that I have this goal since I WANT the date to hurry up and get here.. but no so fast that I can't lose the weight first! I'm still super positive about the procedure. Not worried about the actual operation' date=' more nervous about failing.[/quote']

I have faith that you will do fine and you have the determination and the willpower to do so and we're all pulling for you

March 1st and I am excited yet nervous..keeping my eye on the prize..lol

Hi everyone my surgery was pushed to March 7th and I am nervous but I also upset because my doctor told me that I may be a diabetic my blood sugar was 225 today but the good news is a lot of people have said wls reverses diabetes...just a little scared I am doing this surgery to be healthy..my sister is getting it done the same day and I am happy to have her by my side to help me with everything...I have told my bf and he wasn't supportive at first but after this morning when I told him I might have diabetes he's happy I'm getting the surgery because he wants me to be healthy.

I really like this forum I feel like I can just let go.. :)

Hi everyone my surgery was pushed to March 7th and I am nervous but I also upset because my doctor told me that I may be a diabetic my blood sugar was 225 today but the good news is a lot of people have said wls reverses diabetes...just a little scared I am doing this surgery to be healthy..my sister is getting it done the same day and I am happy to have her by my side to help me with everything...I have told my bf and he wasn't supportive at first but after this morning when I told him I might have diabetes he's happy I'm getting the surgery because he wants me to be healthy.

I really like this forum I feel like I can just let go.. :)

I have spoke to several people diabetes and cholesterol issues are much better i have preop on March 7th and March 20th surgery good luck keep in touch

Yay finally got my date yesterday, Tues March 5th 2013!

But I actually consider my first day being Feb 19th, the first day for the preop diet, and the first day where I have to stop eating the stuff that I love, JUNK FOOD!

How long is everyone taking off of work? How painful is recovery? I can be kind of a baby but I have had a c-section and 2 other births.. I also have 7 tattoos... And tmi but have had hemmriods cut off after having one of my babies... Just trying to think of painful things I have gone through... Oh I have also had a breast augmentation... Sooo wonder what the pain of this recover will compare to... Do you think it is realistic to go back to work 10days after surgery? I am a teacher... Which doesn't require a lot of activity just standing/walking a lot.

How long is everyone taking off of work? How painful is recovery? I can be kind of a baby but I have had a c-section and 2 other births.. I also have 7 tattoos... And tmi but have had hemmriods cut off after having one of my babies... Just trying to think of painful things I have gone through... Oh I have also had a breast augmentation... Sooo wonder what the pain of this recover will compare to... Do you think it is realistic to go back to work 10days after surgery? I am a teacher... Which doesn't require a lot of activity just standing/walking a lot.

My friend had gastric bypass she returned to work 8 days later I'm hopeful for that success!