Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how do you pick the right surgeon?

Any suggestions on how to pick the best surgeon and what questions would you ask? what if the surgeon doenst use xray for the fills just feels for the right place to do the fill ? would this sit ok with you? please experienced bandsters please help with your knowledge and what are good suggestions to get by for the first month of no eating.

Cheers

Ruth

Ruth, my fill provider dose'nt use xray and she hit's the spot very well and painlesly, What surgon are you thiking of using? a mate of mine has been working on a ward in sydney that does lap bands. I Did not go a month without eating as my surgon wanted me to be eating within a week but i do have a midband and they are different. I hope this has helped a bit,

regards

I am sure it has been explained before but what is the difference between the bands?

Ruthy I think you choose a surgeon that has the most experience,followed by the convenience for you and if you like them......that is what I do whenever I have to have surgery anyway and always works for me!

I'm not an experienced bandster. But I did choose an experienced laproscopic surgeon. My dr. has put in over 700 lapbands. He's also local, for fills and any problems. He does blind fills (no fluroscope), has no problems.

You might check the internet for listings in Australia. Most experienced drs. have a website. That gives you a lot of info. about them and about the band. Best of luck!

Ruthy: You could also contact Inamed directly www.inamed.com and see what they have to say. They manufacture the LAP BAND.

You have some VERY experienced surgeons in Australia...and in NZ. Did you know there are also (because we don't want you to leave here) Yahoo groups for the "down under" banded?

Anyway, MY first criteria is/was "the more bands the better." I went FAR away to find a surgeon who had done over 1400. Next was the kind of facility. But not everybody agrees.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!