Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Tanning

Ok, guys...I need a recommendation.

I have these new slightly skinnier arms that I want to show off in a new sleeveless shirt I got at Target (size 2X, by the way woo ooh). But I'm a gardener and I have a terrible farmer tan!!!

Do any of you use a self tanner, and if so, what kind? Have any of you had any disasters with them?

And what do you guys think about that mist tan they spray on you? I mean, that just sounds like spots could get missed and then where are you? ANyone tried that?

I hate to go to the skin cancer tanning booth...but I really love this shirt!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated....I glow in the dark!!!! Help!!

Megan

Hi Megan,

I've never tried the self-tanning stuff... too afraid I'll mess it up and be "streaked" for a month...hehehehehe.

BUT... a friend of mine went to a tanning booth where they do the spray on tan and she looked awesome!

Good Luck... and my whole body glows 24/7 ;)

Darcy

I tried the self tanner stuff from Bath and Body Works last year. It turns your hands orange and looks streaked. I've heard great things about the spray-on tan. I've been wanting to do it. I'm so white, they call me Miss Ghost town! Why don't you be the guinea pig and let us know how it works? Then we'll all go do it.

Good idea Marie... yup...

All those in favor of Megan being the test subject for the spray-on tan say AYE!!!!! ;)

I too know a girl who does the spray-in-the-booth. She looks awesome! She says it last for weeks. That's my vote.

AYE!!!;)

AYE! Megan, I want to know also....Try it for us!

last weekend i met a girl who had the airbrush tan $25 it lasts a week to 2 weeks

she looked like she had the tropical tan for sure! i couldnt tell it was fake till she got out of the pool and started drying off she said "oh crap i have to pat dry or my tan might come off!!!'

michelle

AYE!! Megan go try it.

Actually my daughter got the spray on tan for her wedding this past June. SHE looked awesome. Well and the tan looked good too.

Ok, so I called the place where they do the spray on... and got all the info.

You have to shower and exfoliate 7-8 hours before you go. It takes about 45 minutes from paperwork to tan. She said if you have leather seats in your car to cover them (guess someone found that out the hard way).

It's 25 bucks and the tan lasts for about a week.

I was ready to make my appointment (peer pressure works on me!) but the lady who does it is going to be gone next week. Darn it! So, I'll have to wait for my glow.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that a lady is actually in there with you and sprays it on so it goes on even. Um...I wanted to get my butt tan, for pete's sake- how's that going to work? No one- except the very lucky few- get to see my butt naked!!!!

So, I'll keep you posted and I will take before and afters. Anything for you guys!!

In the mean time, I think I'm going to try the self tanner that Donali suggested.

I'll keep you posted on that, too. I'm off to Walmart!!!

Megan

Guest taylran

I have had a few of the Mist Tans. I've had very good results. They aren't orange, and they last for a little over a week. You can get light, medium or dark. I've opted for medium, as I have blonde hair and green eyes. Didn't want to look too much like a freak of nature. I get compliments all the time. It takes all of 30 seconds, then you just have to wait for about four hours to shower. Congratulations with your weight loss!

Hi Megan....I am as white a ghost and I use the self tanners. I like Clarins Milk one the best then Estee or Origins. These are the ones that have alpha hydroxies in them that help eliminate streaking.

Also, Coppertone has one that I've use with good results called Endless Summer it comes in dark or light. I have use self tanners for years.

You have to exfoliate (I use a hand full of salt w/a little Water or oil, like canola, oil is especially good if you have dry skin, it makes your skin feel great) b/4 using them and be sure and wash your hands thoroughly after using. Because I have such dry skin and it tends to adhere to the dry skin more darkly..... on my legs I put a light layer of lotion on befor using. You can control the shade by applying an addiitonal application.

Another good way to exfoliate is take a milk bath. I get a box of instant milk and pour in a lot. The milk Proteins removes all the dead skin off. They first time I did it I ran next door and made my neighbor feel my arms. It makes your skin feel sooooo smooth.

Hope this helps.......Carolyn