Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits November Challenge

Boo, way to go! I am exhausted just thinking about you running that. Julie, I will go check out the thread. Right now, I am whooped. We spent all day in the forest jeeping and hiking, so we had a blast. I figure the hiking probably counts for my exercise, but I did 40 minutes on the treadmill anyways.

11/1: No exercise. 50 oz. Water

11/2: 40 minutes treadmill. 48 oz. Water (48 is my daily goal)

11/3: 40 minutes treadmill. 60 oz. water

11/4: No exercise, 48 oz. water

11/5: 55 minute fast-paced walk around the neighborhood, 60 oz water

<!-- / message -->11/6: None - too miserable from overfill experience. About 30 oz water

11/7: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/8: No exercise, 60 oz water.

11/9: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 72 oz water.

<!-- sig -->11/10: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/11: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Boo, I'm so excited for you!!! I want to run a 5K!! That's FABULOUS and a fabulous time as well. I grinned ear to ear when you said you realized you had to run two more minutes to meet our challenge. Ha! Seriously though, I'm impressed. Way to go. I can't wait to join you.

Kat, your bike ride sounds AMAZING as well! I love, love, love stories like that. It just reminds me of how I wouldn't do active things 6 months ago and how great it is to do them now and not worry that we can't keep up. Woohoo, too for the guy commenting on your tush! Too fun!

Susan and Kat, here's a link to the couch potato to running article that was on another thread.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Roberta, Amourette, Bluehill...how are you doing?

Friends: Since I am a "closet" bandster, I don't post a picture or give my name. (Boo really IS my nickname, though) Anyway, when I figure out how to put up a picture, I'm gonna send y'all an e-mail so you know who you're talking too.

Boo, thanks for asking. I'm sorry that my posting has dropped off, because I really rely on the feedback and support that is here. Otherwise, I would feel very alone in this journey. Thing is, it's so hard for me to ask for anything when I'm feeling discombobulated and lacking the emotional energy to stay engaged.

But I have been following all of your check-ins and am totally in awe of the miraculous changes that are taking place. 5K races indeed! Simply sensational progress, and deeply inspirational.

April Bandits November Challenge: Eight 35-min. sessions completed (and enough Water to sink a ....)

By the way...

the "couch to 5K" plan is EXACTLY how I trained myself. It works.

Ok, I dunno if this is exercise..I mean I know it is, but I dunno if it counts for 35 min. I parked my car up by my in-laws yesterday morning because we were having lunch with them and their house is about 5 blocks from the school I teach at, so I walked down hill to work, and then up hill back to their house when I got off work....I'm not sure it's 35 min worth, but I was huff'n and puff'n when I got to their house (25 steps up to their building too!):eek:

Hi Kat! :biggrin1:

Hubby says...bah humbug back at'cha too.....:) He's getting coal...or stones, or whatever it is u put in badboys stockings.....:guess

:happybday2: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY!!!!:happybday2:

Just had to stop in for a second and say this...will be back to post after I actually do something to post about!!! Getting my butt up and off to church, was my big doings so far today. Unless you count the pot luck dinner I ate afterwards!!! I intend to go walking here in a few minutes!!!

Hope your day is a great one Betty!!!

Kat

Hi everyone......I'm back!!! I just finished reading your posts. Everyone seems to be doing super well with this months challenge.

Betty : glad to hear your son is home and doing better day by day.

I had a great time on the cruise in spite of my asthma, and I actually lost about 2 #'s. I kept up with my exercise and my Water intake while I was away.

Roberta

Roberta! You LOST weight on a cruise! Only you could do that -- way to go! I'm sorry your asthma is still acting up but am so happy you've been kicking "tail" on the exercise challenge. 14 already -- way to go!

Happy birthday Betty! Did you do something fun to Celebrate?

Heather, walking to your car -- I'll take it! Way to go for getting that heart rate up. Woohoo!

Well I got my walk in yesterday, I think I burned extra calories, shivering part of the way!!! I got out about 1/2 a mile and the wind started, we have a storm blowing in, and I like to have froze to death!!! Ended up out for almost an hour, and then come home to thaw out in front of the fire. It was so cold, before the wind started to much, you could smell the different types of wood people were burning, and one house I walked by you could smell the dryer, the heated fabric softner smell!!! And I could smell all kinds of different things cooking...even the pizza Hut delivery smell just hung in the air. Iguess that was the calm before the storm, because within minutes of realizing how clear the air was...the wind began!

Anyway, I got my Fluid in, and managed to count yesterday, just not with much to add on!!!

Today I will be hitting Curves, but will likely drive down with the weather the way it is. My Mom has come down with a cold, so it may interupt my ability to go to Curves, as she takes care of the granddaughter so I can go. Guess I will break out the exercise tapes in that case, the baby thinks they are great fun anyway!!!

Hope you had a good birthday Betty!!!

Kat

Thanks Julie.... I did a LOT of walking on that ship. I've only completed "7" sessions, so I need to get busy so I can catch up with you and Kat!!

Roberta

JULIE: Could you just miss ONE day, so I can catch up with you??

Ugh, actually, I can miss two, Boo. I'm trying to buy an apartment in a building that has a very strick co-op board and it's sucking ALL of my free time to pull the papers together. I missed yesterday and I'll likely miss today too. Grrr.

I can't workout! I have bronchitis....:sick Keep it up, everyone!!

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes! My daughter had all the family over for my BD party.......went out to lunch also (I managed to be good both times and to the movies. This 67 year old grammy is sure feeling good this year..............sexy, cute, vibrant, healthy and in great (well maybe good) physical condition (with a little help from my exercise pals!). I'm really proud of the fact that rain or shine we take our walks on Tues and Thurs...............last year if anyone would have said that I would walk in the rain - I would have said they were "nuts"......and since I live in the Pacific Northwest (Portland, OR)...........needless to say last year I didn't walk!

My son Craig is feeling so much better...........very close to being off his pain meds...........doing a lot of walking (takes after his Mom!!!). We are all so happy that he is doing so well........thanks again for all the concern......what a nice group of pals.

Feel better Boo. That was a good idea you had about sending out e-mails with pictures............before's and during.......what do you all think about that?

Julie - hope all goes well with the new home - My husband and I are going to be in NY this spring.......going to France with 2 other couples and on the way home my husband and I are stopping off in NY to go to his 50th college reiunun............gulp - did I say 50th college!!!!! It's actually in Hoboken, NJ (he went to Stevens Inst. of Tech). Love to meet you!

Kat - sounds like you are very busy with your little grandchild.........I did not do the daycare for my grandkids................do a lot of grammysitting though..............but not on a daily basis. Your kids are lucky to have you!

Still can't say I'm great about my Water consumption, but I am getting better each day..............I drink a lot of tea and have decided to count that.................so, have been getting in at least 48 ou. a day.

November

4 - 1 hour NIA

6 - 1 hour NIA

7 - 1 hour walk to/from Breakfast

8 - 1 hour NIA

9 -

10 - 1 hour NIA/1/2 hour core/45 min strengh

11 - 1 Hour NIA

12 - Happy BD to me!

13 - 1 hour NIA/ 1/2 hour core/1 hour Group Power

14 - 1 hour walk to Breakfast

15 - 1 hour NIA (pre-planned)

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

Roberta, welcome back from the cruise! That is fantastic that you went on a cruise and still managed to lose weight. I don't think I would be able to do that.

Betty, sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday, I hope it was wonderful. It sounds like you had a nice day. And, I am so glad that your son is improving and doing so much better.

Boo, sorry about the bronchitis. It is definitely that wonderful time of year. I hope you get to feeling better.

11/1: No exercise. 50 oz. Water

11/2: 40 minutes treadmill. 48 oz. Water (48 is my daily goal)

11/3: 40 minutes treadmill. 60 oz. water

11/4: No exercise, 48 oz. water

11/5: 55 minute fast-paced walk around the neighborhood, 60 oz water

<!-- / message -->11/6: None - too miserable from overfill experience. About 30 oz water

11/7: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/8: No exercise, 60 oz water.

11/9: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 72 oz water.

<!-- sig -->11/10: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/11: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/12: No exercise. 48 oz. water

11/13: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/14: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->