Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you not go broke?

I am sure this sounds silly but I will be wearing and utilizing my maternity wardrobe for pants. I buy the secret belly fit from motherhood and the same pair of pants will fit for at least 4 sizes.

Use up what you have first-perfect! We'll be losing for a while, newbies anyway, why waste money when it'll be so much fun shopping for a wardrobe at your smallest size (can't wait!) maybe put some money side each were, we're saving on food and drink every day-that's got to add up to some savings each month!

I'm hoping to take some of my clothes in. I haven't done it before, but I have a machine and used to make costumes. I figure I can probably find a tutorial on YouTube. I have some smaller dresses but they're ones I used to wear to Dracula's Ball so not exactly work appropriate. ;)

Try Pinterest, has great ideas for taking in clothes

Good idea! I'm a Pinterest addict, too!

I might go to Goodwill, too, but I'll have to travel out to near my in-laws or something. The one closest to me is in Reading, PA which is a highly impoverished area so I can't imagine they'll be any great finds.

If you have a Kohl's near you shop the clearance! Their clearance items are usually current season and 60 - 80% off. If you have a coupon (15%/20%/30%) you can use that too! And they sometimes give Kohl's Cash ($10 for every $50 you spend before tax) which can usually be used a week later. I just bought 4 sundresses (yes, out of season) to take to Cancun with me for my post surgery (staying about a week) and it cost me $17!! You can sign up for email coupons at Kohl's.com and if you open a charge card they send coupons all of the time (just make sure you pay the bill by the due date or interest will add up).

I just found some RIDICULOUSLY good deals at Old Navy!! Shirts for $3.49 and $2.99, pants for $9.99!!

I got a cute white shirt for $.47!!!!

Good idea! I'm a Pinterest addict, too!

I might go to Goodwill, too, but I'll have to travel out to near my in-laws or something. The one closest to me is in Reading, PA which is a highly impoverished area so I can't imagine they'll be any great finds.

It's best to go to resale/thift shops in more affluent neighborhoods, or near them. My mom and I once went to Goodwill in Hampton NH.....rich people throw out new things with the tags still on! lol My mom got a Pendleton (sp) trench coat for $20, tags still on it!

It's best to go to resale/thift shops in more affluent neighborhoods, or near them. My mom and I once went to Goodwill in Hampton NH.....rich people throw out new things with the tags still on! lol My mom got a Pendleton (sp) trench coat for $20, tags still on it!

Too cool gut to try this:).

ebay is great for lots of clothing - just takes a lot of digging through posts. Thrift & Goodwill good resources too. I have to dress professionally for work so I tend to buy what I call disposable brands - Loft and Old Navy. Seems like they're only made to last a season, and that's about all you need them for!

I'm also pretty proficient at taking in slacks myself. Thank you to the days of taking Home Economics in school!

Honestly, embrace minimalism. The people in life who dress the best are usually the ones with a small well curated wardrobe. While you are going down in sizes you should not be purchasing multiple outfits. When I go down a size like I did recently I wen't to Walmart and purchased ONE pair of jeans and threw my larger ones out. Underwear should last you through a few sizes because they are not as precisely sized so you shouldnt be needing to buy new underwear every week. Shirts are usually more forgiving. I would say get a few every two sizes you go down.

You should not be buying a whole lot more than that. Also seek out clothing exchanges online, there are many of those around.

Consignment stores, Goodwill, ebay and purchase on sale items ONLY. I went from a size 14 to a 10 in two weeks, never wearing any of those 12's. Only purchase enough for two or three days wear. Remember these are only temporary clothes so long term wearability is not your concern. Consignment is a great way to get back a little money too.

As other said...what a great problem to have. And you will never be out of style!