Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is scheduled for Jan 8th? I'm getting nervous

sooooo Jeff - how was the sashimi? That was the first "real" food I had too :-)... interestingly only 2 pieces of fish though - that is all I could "stomach"! Hope all went well with your doc!

Doc's appointment went well. All clear for 'normal' life. May try to get my sushi/sashimi fix in today. Can't wait!

Yeah for solid foods.....I have been a wimp with real real food and last night I ate my husbands chili.....YUM!

So, I am a magazine addict and used to stand at the checkout and look for the best magazine for the latest diet craze and found myself doing that yesterday.....duh.....I DO not have to do that ANYMORE!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!! I turned my attention instead to a home and garden magazine!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Doc's appointment went well. All clear for 'normal' life. May try to get my sushi/sashimi fix in today. Can't wait!

Awesome! I had a little sticky rice from a dim sum place last weekend. In TINY bites, it didn't cause me any issues so enjoy but take baby steps :)

So.....I died today several times.....so impacted! I bought 40 bucks worth of Constipation meds and feel better stuff on my way home from work and it worked.....although, my but hurts like crazy! Sorry TMI! MOM....and glycerine suppositories. This is after I take Fiber One, chia seeds, and Citrucil almost daily! Thought that I would have to go to the ER!

Milk of Magnesia is your friend. Tastes like crap, works like magic. I thought I was going to have to go to the ER as well, but once a week with MoMag, and I'm good.

ok - I am soooo frustrated!!! I have been 218 for more than a week - and what is worse - every day it teeters between 218 and 219 - some days 219, some days 218. I have really upped my walking since Valentine's Day - walking at least 10000 steps every day - and this week started 3 miles of aggressive exercise (like really working out and breaking a sweat). My typical day of food looks like this: morning Protein Shake (about 200 calories) and blueberries, mid morning - Protein Drink (Medifast - 100 calories), lunch - non-fat cottage cheese or hummus with raw veggies, mid-afternoon - Protein drink (100 calories), dinner - portioned fish, veggies, and whole wheat couscous..... I try to get in Water thoughout the day too - but probably only about 32 oz - I know I need to step that up for sure!

I also know that I'm building muscle - which weighs more than fat... but COME ON!! 7 full days of going back and forth with one pound and NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT!!!! I am doing everything right!!!! or am I????

I know I should concentrate on my NSVs like clothes fit better, I'm getting exercise in for the first time in a long time, I have far more energy - but it is soooo hard to Celebrate those when the scale doesn't budge!!!!!

FRUSTRATING!!!!

2013neeme,

I hear you! In fact up until last Friday I was you (even the same weight)! A few days after my first post op appt my I hit a stall. It lasted for at least two weeks. I would step on the scale, see the 218, step off, count to 10 so I wouldn't pick up the scale and throw it, and then start my day only to do the same thing the next day.

So here's what I can tell you...

1) while this was happening lots of people actually started to mention that I looked thinner. Which I thought was crazy because the scale wasn't moving. I think I was slimming down size wise though because now I can fit into my "skinny" jeans and well...breathe. So check your measurements. This may help you motivation and emotionally until the scale starts moving again. If nothing else, you can see how far you've come so far and feel good about it.

2) the scale has finally started moving again! I'm sure it will for you too. I talked with my doc about it and she seemed fine with my little plateau and said that it was good it happened so I could learn to work through it. Our bodies just need a little time to adjust every so often at first because of the rapid weight loss.

3) I really think you need to get the Water in. Also, i don't know how much Protein you're getting but make sure you're getting what your program recommends. The other thing (that my doc asked me to do) was eat more frequently. She asked me to add a snack in because she wanted my metabolism to stay up and she felt I wasn't eating frequently enough. So...thought I'd mention.

Keep your chin up! You're doing great. Remember this will be a long road and its bound to get bumpy every so often. :-)

Thanks for the insight Woobs!

Must be something in the Water. Was up today as well.

I ditto everything mentioned, but I actually lose about 5 pounds one day and then back to the same weight! Weird! I get so excited and then deflated...:(. I second the water....I was lax and got super plugged....caution!

As for exercise.....I envy those who have started! I wanted to start this Monday with C25k and I think that I have the flu.....my body is KilLING me and I feel light headed and woozy. Throat is sore and coughing ip green stuff....lovely! Another road block! And when I came home from work today exhausted, after working late and then going to parent teacher conferences, I didn't want anything to eat....too sick. So I grabbed two tbls of skippy natural just to get in some Protein and just wanted to eat popscicles the rest of the night.....well, DH gave me one of those looks and said "isn't eating gobs of Peanut Butter how you got to where you are?" Ugh! I said I can eat anything as long as I am in my range and today I am way under.....have you seen me lately? My clothes are falling off me and I was just asking him before that if I should put the pants I was wearing into the good will pile.....yes, he said....way too big! Then he said that he was just asking and that he wasn't being meAn.....so I dropped the unfinished spoon into the sink and am in a hot bath.....feels better than PB any day! I want to be better.....waaaaaaa! Sorry for the rant! Here's to making and willing the scale drop dramatically and soon! I am sure a lot of my weight is muscle loss...:(. Need to get better in all ways to start a regime!

DH gave me one of those looks and said "isn't eating gobs of Peanut Butter how you got to where you are?" Ugh! I said I can eat anything as long as I am in my range and today I am way under.....have you seen me lately? My clothes are falling off me and I was just asking him before that if I should put the pants I was wearing into the good will pile.....yes, he said....way too big! Then he said that he was just asking and that he wasn't being meAn.....

HAH! Yeah, I'm familiar with things like that. I grilled my first steak the other night. 3 oz of a lean eye round, exactly. Could not wait to try it. She looks at it on the plate and says, "That's a lot, don't you think? Are you sure you're weighing it right? You can't cheat, you know." I felt like responding, "Um, no, it's 3oz. That heaping bowl of ice cream you have in front of me most nights is a lot, too, isn't it?"

But the angel on my shoulder tackled the devil and I kept my mouth shut. :)

I am planning the C25K as well, but starting this summer, for an October 5K nearby. Too freaking cold right now for me to start. I'm doing 20-30 minutes of elliptical as I can. I would say 3-4 nights a week.

emeraldeye - sorry about your frustrations - I feel your pain for sure!!! spouses - love - hate relationships for sure :-)!! Jeff and emeraldeye - awesome on the c25k ambitions - I just don't know how I could run right now. I am walking at least 5k a day right now, with 3 of those in pure sweat mode :-)... I just don't know how my knees (and fat) could handle the run yet. I'm trying to get at least 40 - 50 more lbs off I think before I run - but maybe that's just the old me saying I'm too fat - maybe 20 lbs? Anyway - I wish you all luck with your venture into that!! 5k's are the BEST way to energize yourself and meet fantastic people! I used to run in them all the time (ok I did 5 in my lifetime - but who's counting :-))!

I'm STILL at 218 - soooo - I have decided to change the game a little... taking some advice from others... today I am increasing my Protein and Water and going for 2 big walks today (one already done - actually already hit my 5 mile mark on fitbit today before noon :-))... going for another walk this afternoon. AND.. this is BIG for me... I'm not going to look at the scale until Tuesday next week (8 week post op)....we will see :-)!!!

Two banner events today:

- Signed up for a 5K this fall.

- Had my sashimi finally. YUM!!!!

Newme......you didn't look at that scale yet, did you? Lol! I did!

Jeff....WTG....at least you actually signed up! I am all talk!

At least my cold/flu is getting better because for four days it was worse or the same! Maybe I can now start to exercise! My thoughts on getting sick.....I was REALLY sick! I was just wondering if I really had the flu OR because I eat so little carbs and calories, that my body had a hard time getting better. I have never been so sick!

Happy Saturday night everyone!