Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is scheduled for Jan 8th? I'm getting nervous

interesting about y'alls comments on telling the parents because they offer food... I am just the opposite... I didn't tell my parents at all - and don't plan to because they are on my case sooo much about my weight - even when I was younger and thin - my mom would cook for the whole family and serve me a Lean Cuisine (no joke)... she meant well I'm sure - but I just don't want to "hear" about it from them on how I should have done this sooner, or "I know someone who...." or whatever the condescending comment they will come up with... so it's just me, my husband, my bff, my boss, and y'all that know :-)...and thanks for all the support you all provide - couldn't make it without you guys!!!

My parents were always the opposite.....pulling food (popcorn, snacks) out of my hands growing up. And I wasn't fat! I look at childhood photos and I had an athletic build......not bone skinny like my "perfect" cousins whom they compared me to! To this day, they admire my sister in law for her amazing ability to have 6 kids and still run major marathons.....even while 9 weeks preformed! Ugh! She is the opposite of me in their eyes! I have had many food related problems because of them including a bout with bulimia through late high school until I got pregnant with my son at 27.

As for the snacks......they are not tempting at all to me......I am trying to stay on the straight and narrow and not give in an inch.....because that will open the flood gates. I also am having fun baking for my kids since before all i would think about was liking the spoon and bowl and having a few chunks of cookie dough......now, making that stuff is pleasurable! i am not obsessed with how and when I will sneak in a large bite! I DO know what you mean about peanut butter.....a little tiny extra while adding it to a Protein shake.....I get skippy natural. I just ran out of PB2. I had bought the skippy to make Peanut Butter Protein balls.....and now I put it in my protein shakes.....I need to get to Giant or Weis and get some more PB2!

As for gains and stall.....I was in a stall for about a week and a half.....but, thank goodness I am losing again! I go later today for my 6 week post op. I took the day off and thank goodness I did! I teach K and it is no fun anymore! I have 28 students with no help! The numbers are rising and we have less and less help! I really need this day off to recharge and maybe start an exercise routine.

I am not really constipated, but I did develop a lovely hemorrhoid....:(. It hurts so bad! I have been drinking Citrucil everyday to help it. But, I do not feel constipated. I do need more water.....I only get in about 40-60 oz a day! I try so hard but I have been eatingore Popsicles because that is one way for me to get more fluids. I do not count my Protein shake as fluids. I feel like this is my one area of failure!

Well, enjoy this day and I will update after my appointment today! Peace and happiness to you!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Oh......and my birthday is coming up in March and I am going to get either a Fitbit One or a Nike fuel band.....oh, what to get??????? I think that the fuel band will be more motivating but the Fitbit is more accurate...???

BDay Party #2 went fine. Parents were completely quiet about the surgery; didn't say a word about it, my loss, or anything until my sis in law asked a question, and then they asked one or two. I'm down 30+ from the surgery, and it's noticeable, especially if you haven't seen me in a month, which they hadn't. Was glad that the food comments, etc. didn't overtake my son's day. As for the party food, his requested menu was nachos, pizza and this great local kielbasa that I kind of grew up on. And, of course, cake/ice cream. I had no nachos, although I did have a spoonful of guacamole in the kitchen. So good. I took the cheese off half a slice of pizza and ate that, and had 2oz of the kielbasa. At this stage, I'm allowed turkey sausage, so I rationalized it that way. :) For dessert, I had one of my sf/ff chocolate puddings with PB2 while everyone had cake. Everything went down fine, and I'm down 3 on this week's weigh-in, so no harm done. No cravings for any of it today. I heart my sleeve. :)

emeraldeye and newme, that's awful. We are capable of such cruelty to our kids. I have made such an effort to not do that to my teenage daughter. Being a teen SUCKS, and I think being a teenage girl is so much harder than being a teenage boy. She's got a minor weight problem, but I would never in a million years do something like that...I hope. She'll have to chart her own path through this, and I hope I can offer only support for how she does it.

newme, I really debated about who to tell. I'm basically a writer professionally, so wrote a very long note to my friends that, until the morning of the surgery, I was unsure whether I would post to Facebook and send by e-mail to those not on FB. It was therapeutic to write, and that was the major point. I posted/emailed it just before I left for the hospital, and I'm so happy I did. Such wonderful support. Honestly, I don't know how I'd do it without them all. But I'm an extroverted person, and that wouldn't work for everyone.

Great job Jeff on the birthday party self control! I am sure you felt satisfied with the cheese And kielbasa! I think kielbasa would be fine....next time, .just take off the outside covering (skin or stomach or whatever they use....lol). just in case! Sorry your parents are unemotional about your loss.....I am sure they are just in shock. 30 pounds isAWESOME and you rock! I am sure you feel ToNS better and on your way to a great summer of shorts and t shirts!!!!

On a side note.....just had a Sugar Free chocolate pudding mixed with one scoop of Double stuffed cookie by Syntrax......something different for breakfast....and it kind of seemed like I was eating brownie batter! :)

Oh, I was totally satisfied. And it all tasted great.

Was totally fine with my parents' reaction, or lack thereof. I didn't want the party to turn into a big conversation about the surgery or my eating, and it didn't.

When I told them the news in December, my mother told me that she basically disapproved of me getting sleeved, and my father was generically supportive. I can't control what they do or don't do. I can only control myself. I was happy it didn't become an issue yesterday.

Jeff - great work on bday party #2!!! Keep up the great work!! - just think... tomorrow is 6 WEEKS - whoo hooo!!!

Can't believe it's been 6 weeks!

Hi Jeff n yes it's been 6 wks. I'm in the same place as u. Who would have thought we would b chilling like we r right now. On jan 8th I was 240 lbs. now I'm 207 n feeling GREAT. Now we have to keep doing this good work. I actually found some pants that I couldn't fit the wrong size n refused to get a bigger pair was ASHAMED to go back to the store. I put those pants on today OK. How wonderful I feel even with my cold it made me forget about being sick. U keep doing u don't let NO ONE keep u from your goals n u handled that party like a champ. Holla back

so - I had my labs done at 4 weeks post op - my pcp told me that my ALT and AST (liver) were high - I freaked a bit - only because pre-op, I did my fair share of drinking (just sayin' - I like wine :-))...anyway - sent the labs over to my bariatric docs...they said not to worry because it is common for rapid weight loss to put a strain on your liver - and it is a big reason they say not to drink alcohol during this post-op time - drinking is yet another strain on your liver - and with our weight loss - it's too much... thought I would share in case you see the same things with your labs.....

on a side note, I have had a 1/2 glass of wine since surgery (over an hour period of time), and it was not a fun night in the bathroom let's just say... so I'm glad that happened to me so I'm not tempted right now to sneak a glass or so every once in a while... think I'll let my liver rest for now :-)

Awesome job Blessings! New me......I haven't had new labs done since pre-op. I think that I have that done at three months?? I am not tempted to drink since I will not even take liquid Tylenol for fear of my stomach burning! I am a wimp.....and, thanks for the warning of the bathroom problem after ward.....now I really will stay away!

Well, happy 6 weeks!

I haven't had any labs done, either, although I do go in on Friday for an appointment. I heard a similar bad story about drinking from someone in my program's support group...think I'll not push my luck for a little while still.

Blessings, rock on!!!! That's great.

I had my surgery Jan 9. I was 242 lbd. I got on the scale this am and i was 218.5. I feel like i shold have lost more. But oh well. I guess the weight is taling its time.

Hey guys... Well I was sleeved on jan 9th too today is my official 6 weeks!! It's one of the best decisions I have ever made! I hope everyone feels the same way. I still think it's crazy to be so full so fast. I had sushi this week and the rice blew me up and I threw up for the first time... Lesson learned. So I'm pretty happy with my results so far. Started at 360. On the day of surgery I was 350 and this morning I was down to 312. Praying to be under the 300 mark by march for the first time in over 7 years! Thanks for all the support guys! Good luck

aimeettu, that's great. Congrats! Sushi, my, how I miss sushi! I have my "Cleared for regular food" appointment this afternoon, and am considering having a little sashimi or sushi (with just a little rice) this weekend. I really don't feel hungry often, but have had a head-hunger craving for a spicy salmon roll recently!!!

So happy for everyone. Aimee, having lived so long over that 300 number, I know what a great mental barrier it is to smash through. Rock it, sister!