Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fellow northerners who are freezing with me!

I don't have the money to use a gym and it's too cold to take my toddler outside for a walk, even if I could handle the temperature myself. What are you guys doing for exercise? I don't have a wii and can't afford one. I am too heavy for the wii fit stuff anyway. I need something free that I can do in my house.

you can walk in place at home...or up and down steps...or get a walking dvd from Walmart which wouldn't cost too much

Youtube exercise videos and do them during commercials!

I turn to youtube for everything else. I don't know why I never thought to turn to them for work out video's! I am having a duh moment right now lol.

The other thing you can do is go to the mall or big department stores and walk there. They might be a bit crowded for the next few days, but shortly after the holiday returns they will be virtual ghost towns. It's nice when you need a little change of scenery from your living room. lol

The only department store I have is a mini Walmart. The malls are all about 45 minutes away in opposing directions. Good for once in a while, but not for every day. The gas would kill me lol.

lol it happens to the best of us...

have you heard about netflix? you can get it for like 8 bucks a month with unlimited movies

they have workout videos too

I turn to youtube for everything else. I don't know why I never thought to turn to them for work out video's! I am having a duh moment right now lol.

lol it happens to the best of us...

have you heard about netflix? you can get it for like 8 bucks a month with unlimited movies

they have workout videos too

I can't ever find any on Netflix :(

Where do u live?

I also live in the North, I just bundled up and took a walk on my lunch break. Besides the wind it wasn't to bad! Felt good to get out there!

I walk my 18month old outside (I live in Ontario Canada) and I will be walking the new baby in the cold too. As long as they are bundled well they are fine. Eskimos raise babies in the far north, I'm sure she will be ok.

Look on craigslists in the free section to see if anyone is giving away treadmills or other exercise equipment. In my local area, there is always something on there as people do not want to take the tile to haul it away or pay to dispose of it. Also get some DVD's...or if you are able to jump rope...it is inexpensive but very effective exercise. You can also do body resistance exercise...like squarts...lunges...scissors kicks...Anything that using the lower extremities are good as those are your large muscles and so are your calorie burners...not to say that you should not focus on upper body...But you can do something as simple as putting a broomstick behind your neck and doing trunk twists...YouTube could give you a crap tone more ideas of ways to use your body own resistance to get an awesome workout...

I use the local high school's pool for laps and their indoor track for walking or jogging. It's free to the district residents.

I do the Walk the Pounds Away (Leslie Sansone) and I also got a little bike thing that goes on the floor. You can sit and pedal while you're watching tv. It might not seem like much but it does add up. Also, hand weights are pretty inexpensive, or you could just fill two Water bottles or milk jugs. Think occupational therapy. Vacuuming, dusting way up high, bending down to clean up toddler mess...or just turn on your favorite music and dance with the baby...you'll both have fun!