Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone my name is Paige and I am getting sleeved on Thursday December 20, 2012. I stumbled onto this site when looking for info on what to bring to the hospital and what to expect. I have read many inspirational stories on here and I hope to add mine in the future. I am 18 and I weigh 285 lbs. I have always been heavy even when I was a child. When I turned 18 I had this moment of realization that I am an adult and that I want to be healthy and live a long life. My mother was also very heavy and seeing her day after day suffer with diabetes and other health problems prompted me to get this surgery done. I have the support of my family and I hope to be able to support other pre- op people too. Thanks everyone for sharing their stories and I hope to be able to do the same.

Congrats on your decision for a better life, and glad you found the site. I'm getting sleeved tomorrow and have been on this site for a few months during the wait and there is a ton of support here. I wish you a quick and smooth recovery, and hope you enjoy the ride :)

Congratulations! ;) It sounds like you have a really great attitude about surgery and I'm sure you will do great! This site is very helpful pre=op and post-op!

I'm 19, weight 262 and am getting sleeved tomorrow. We should keep up with each other, you don't find a lot of people still in their teens getting the surgery and I'd love to see how you do! I'm sure we will both be great, I'm super excited!

It's so great to see younger folks making the decision to change your lives for the better. My middle daughter is 22 and weighs about 270. I tried to convince her to take this journey with me but she refused. She's also always been heavy. The only one out of 5 kids. I just hope I do really well and can at some point inspire her to also get this surgery done. I'm so proud of you guys! Good luck in your surgery!

I'm 19' date=' weight 262 and am getting sleeved tomorrow. We should keep up with each other, you don't find a lot of people still in their teens getting the surgery and I'd love to see how you do! I'm sure we will both be great, I'm super excited![/quote']

Hey Becky I would love to be able to go through this with some one else. I am so excited abet a little nervous for the surgery but I know I will be okay and everything will turn out okay.

Thanks for the support everyone I'm glad to have others to learn from. - Paige

It will, I promise! We should get to know each other better. This is my story, http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/60928-my-ongoing-story/page__hl__%2Bongoing+%2Bstory

What's yours?

My story is surprisingly similar to yours. I was a dancer when I was younger, for 13 years. I was always bigger and gained weight all throughout school. High school I got bigger and bigger, till I got to my current weight of 285. One of my mothers friends got the surgery and told me about it recommending dr. Noyan for surgery. He is an extremely nice man who made sure that even though I was younger I would under stand the life long experience this would be. I am currently in a ASN program for nursing to get my RN. I am supported by my mother, sister and my loving boyfriend of a year. He is my best friend who I have know since the beginning of high school. He supports me in everything I do. We see each other together for the rest of our lives.

Thank you everyone who is supporting me. - Paige