Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Voted...

I don't know how it is south of the border but up here in Canada it is the middle-aged and seniors who regularly vote. Our youth view all politicians as corrupt and liars - or simply ineffectual at best - when it comes to fulfilling promises made on the campaign trail. They are alienated from the process and tend not to vote. I can't say that I blame them even though I always vote.

We aren't having elections until Nov. 7 and I will vote as usual. It's lucky that the polling place is on my way to work. What are you all voting on so early?

We aren't having elections until Nov. 7 and I will vote as usual. It's lucky that the polling place is on my way to work. What are you all voting on so early?

We have early voting here, as I assumed most states do. Maybe not? Anyway, early voting started this week.

We went to do our early voting yesterday....first time we have done that. Also first time in our little county that we've had machines instead of the paper ballots.

We had a good conversation about this at work yesterday. I'd rather see people not vote if they aren't aware of what they're voting for. A few people here were saying they're pretty much ignorant of what means what, but vote because they can - so they go in and vote for things based on criteria like "neat name". Yeah, it's their right to do so, no problems there, but what a waste.

We had a good conversation about this at work yesterday. I'd rather see people not vote if they aren't aware of what they're voting for. A few people here were saying they're pretty much ignorant of what means what, but vote because they can - so they go in and vote for things based on criteria like "neat name". Yeah, it's their right to do so, no problems there, but what a waste.

People who cast their vote based on a candidate's name or "cute" quotient should be caned and then rendered incapable of reproducing.

(Everyone, check the title of my post before you get out the flame thrower.)

We can't vote until the 7th. I can't WAIT to go, though; this is the first election in my adult life that I am passionately hoping will really change things.

I wouldn't miss voting in this Texas election for a million bucks. I'm praying for some changes. The good news is that both of my daughters are old enough to vote this time around.

I am ready to go vote...we too have early voting. In fact I usually work both early voting and election day. This year with my DH's health problems, I couldn't make the begining of early, so will only work on the 7th. Anyway, we will likely go tomorrow, DH had not had a chance to study the amendments, or a bond issue on the ballot, so he wanted to wait. He is off tomorrow thru Monday, so we will get it done!!

Had to crack up at Gayle's answer, we did just the opposite!!! Our county here in NM had spent many thousands of dollars on table top, small computerized voting machines, they never even made a general election!!! The public demanded paper back!! So we are voting on paper ballots again...which are being read by a computer...go figure!!!

Kat

I will be going to vote early also. I have to wait until Saturday. In Washington state (where I used to live) you can mail in your ballot and that is how they want you to do it. Here in TN, you can go in early and vote, 8-4:30 and 9-12 on Sat. You bet I will be there! I am SSOOOOOOOOOOO hoping for change. We have a real hot race going here and I am dying to see who wins!