Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rush Limbaugh has crossed the line

As the daughter of someone who died from complications of Parkinson's Disease, I am FURIOUS with the latest sleaze ball attack of Rush Limbaugh (aka Ann Coulter with a penis).

In case you missed it, here is part of the MSNBC story.

Possibly worse than making fun of someone's disability is saying that it's imaginary. That is not to mock someone's body, but to challenge a person's guts, integrity, sanity.

To Rush Limbaugh on Monday, Michael J. Fox looked like a faker. The actor, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, has done a series of political ads supporting candidates who favor stem cell research, including Maryland Democrat Ben Cardin, who is running against Republican Michael Steele for the Senate seat being vacated by Paul Sarbanes.

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . .

I watched the video clip of Limbaugh's broadcast and it was more than dirty politics; it was despicable.

Fox has testified in front of Congress and very honestly said he was doing so without benefit of his meds so that everyone could see a true picture of PD and what it does to its victims. That took GUTS...something that Limbaugh is sadly lacking. My mother was so embarrassed by her symptoms in the later stages of PD, when meds no longer control the head-bobbing and arm waving, the shaking and torso weaving, she would not leave the house.

Michael J Fox showed America the ugly face of Parkinson's Disease, up close and personal. And yes, it DOES look like that...he was not "faking it"; he was not "exaggerating". If there is any justice in this world, Rush Limbaugh will one day see the debilitating and progressive effects of this devastating disease from a different perspective - that of a patient suffering from PD.

Congratulations, Rush....even for you, this is a new low.

Carlene, we should thank Rush, actually. His behavior will bring even more attention to Parkinsons and stem cell research, and will probably bring a few people to the voting booths so they can direct their anger where it counts!

Tami

I adore Michael J. Fox, I grew up watching him on TV and movies. I didn't listen to what Rush said, his opinions mean nothing to me, so I don't bother.

There is such a huge debate between embryonic stem cell research that I am not educated enough to speak about intelligently, so I won't touch that subject with a ten foot pole!!!

Carlene, we should thank Rush, actually. His behavior will bring even more attention to Parkinsons and stem cell research, and will probably bring a few people to the voting booths so they can direct their anger where it counts!

Tami

I need to clarify one thing. I am not necessarily in favor of stem cell research. My post was not about stem cell research. It was about RL's unwarranted, very personal attack on Michael J Fox, calling him a faker and mocking his symptoms.

Even if I agreed with Limbaugh's stand on stem cell research, I would not condone or excuse Monday's broadcast. It was the epitome of bad taste. It was like slurring one's speech in imitation of a stroke victim. It was like putting on blackface and singing "Mammy". It was APPALLING.

The man needs to be banned to satellite radio with Howard Stern, where no one cares what you say, as long as you bring in the bucks.

Sometimes I swear he must be trying out "reverse-psychology" on a grand scale. Nobody could be that much of a creep in real life, could they?

Yes they could be that big of a creep. This is the same man that said all people who abuse drugs should be put in jail. However, it was different when he got caught. He got off for not only abusing drugs, but forging a doctor's signature on drugs and stealing them from others.

Someday he will get his. In the meantime, we need to ignore this idiot. Don't put more money in his pocket by listening to his shows.

I also agree that more will be done for Parkinson's now that he attacked Michael J. Fox.

He is a disgusting excuse for a human being. I hope he gets what's coming to him. I have faith in karma.

I have never watched Rush Limbaugh but I have heard for years now that he is a serious a$$hole. Then after his own drug abuse hit the news it was revealed that he was also a hypocrite. Does anyone actually take him seriously anymore?

As for Michael J. Fox, he is a fine human being and a gifted comic actor whose illness has cut short his career. As far as I am aware there has been no scandal to taint his name. So when push comes to shove, who is the public gonna believe? Michael J. Fox or Rush Limbaugh? Let's hope that it's Michael J. Fox.

I think it's clear to anyone who is sane that Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter are making money hand over fist by simply being obnoxious. It amazes me that anyone would take them seriously, other than my brother whose head is stuffed so far up his colon that it would take a bomb to get it out. He used to be intelligent, but Rush and Ann have destroyed his last brain cells. I think we should get an obnoxious democrat or libertarian or someone to counter Rush and Ann. I would be happy to make all that money, so I'm volunteering to be the obnoxious Democrat. Then I could retire and just go on the radio for an hour a day and be stupid. That would be wonderful. Why didn't I think of this before!

I think it's clear to anyone who is sane that Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter are making money hand over fist by simply being obnoxious. It amazes me that anyone would take them seriously, other than my brother whose head is stuffed so far up his colon that it would take a bomb to get it out. He used to be intelligent, but Rush and Ann have destroyed his last brain cells. I think we should get an obnoxious democrat or libertarian or someone to counter Rush and Ann. I would be happy to make all that money, so I'm volunteering to be the obnoxious Democrat. Then I could retire and just go on the radio for an hour a day and be stupid. That would be wonderful. Why didn't I think of this before!

ROFLMAO Both Rush and Ann are Worthless peices of Trash , I Spit on them .... Spit.. lol

I cant stand either one of them . I find it funny for them to aling themselves with the party who call themselves Conservatives. I would HATE to think what they would do if they were NOT So damn conservative.

Stem cell research is a touchy subject for me , Since my republican husband and I just got done arguing about it AGAIN . My Sister in law has Huntington's Disease. She found out about 3 yrs ago . She is as we speak watching her mother die of a disease that she will die of in about 15 yrs , if there is no cure. Stem cell research could go A LONG way in curing her. Huntingtons disease is a disease that doesnt have onset of symtpoms for many many yrs it is a mix ( as far as symptoms goes sort of like Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Lou Gerihigs disease and MS all rolled up into one) . She has time , unlike Michael J Fox who does not . Sorry I got off subject. MJF has done nothing to deserve the attack the Rush put on him . What kind of low life scum bag are you to do that ? . Like Rush has ALOT of room to talk too given his recent past. GEEZ. UGHH > :angry

Mindy

Personally, I think Rush is a pill popping idiot. Guess he's been out of the limelight for awhile and thought that was a good way to get back in. I'm wondering if after his oxycontin induced psychosis he will realize that he was way out of line. I'm wondering if he'd change his tune if HE got physically sick? Notice I say physically, because he's already mental. Same here, I hope he gets what's coming to him, we may never see it or hear about it, but as far as karma goes, I believe too! You go Sunta!:clap2:

I saw it. I was APPALLED! I consider myself conservative, but this guy really should be blacklisted from any tv shows. He's scum and I can't believe we pay people to perpetuate this type of 'entertainment'.

Rush has a huge following.

Anytime I hear 2 or 3 very conservative people that I associate with, use the same "exact phrase" to MIS-represent something or some point of view, I check and sure enough; Rush started using that "exact phrase" on yesterday's show and you can also be sure that Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hanitty will be using it also.

Rush Limbaugh

Bill O'Reilly

Sean Hanitty

Ann Coulter

All on the Rupert Murduch Payroll and all helping to control US politics.

They are also the people who are in favor of continuing the Iraq war and were the people who were in favor of the invasion of Iraq. They worry about the death of embryos, but condone the death of US troops and Iraqi civilians brought about by this tragic war.

Might be better in another thread, but here are some interesting facts:

Rupert Murdoch was not a US citizen until his 50's and did not serve in the US Military. Neither did the four named celebrities.

Here is an interest list of people who did or did not serve in the military, yet have so much influence over the US war effort in Iraq:

Democrats:

* Richard Gephardt: Air National Guard, 1965-71.

* David Bonior: Staff Sgt., Air Force 1968-72.

* Tom Daschle: 1st Lt., Air Force SAC 1969-72.

* Al Gore: enlisted Aug. 1969; sent to Vietnam Jan. 1971 as an army journalist in 20th Engineer Brigade.

* Bob Kerrey: Lt. j.g. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam.

* Daniel Inouye: Army 1943-47; Medal of Honor, WWII.

* John Kerry: Lt., Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V, Purple Hearts.

* Charles Rangel: Staff Sgt., Army 1948-52; Bronze Star, Korea.

* Max Cleland: Captain, Army 1965-68; Silver Star & Bronze Star, Vietnam.

* Ted Kennedy: Army, 1951-53.

* Tom Harkin: Lt., Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74.

* Jack Reed: Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91.

* Fritz Hollings: Army officer in WWII; Bronze Star and seven campaign ribbons.

* Leonard Boswell: Lt. Col., Army 1956-76; Vietnam, DFCs, Bronze Stars, and Soldier's Medal.

* Pete Peterson: Air Force Captain, POW. Purple Heart, Silver Star and Legion of Merit.

* Mike Thompson: Staff sergeant, 173rd Airborne, Purple Heart.

* Gray Davis: Army Captain in Vietnam, Bronze Star.

* Pete Stark: Air Force 1955-57

* Chuck Robb: Vietnam

* Howell Heflin: Silver Star

* George McGovern: Silver Star & DFC during WWII.

* Bill Clinton: Did not serve. Student deferments. Entered draft but received #311.

* Jimmy Carter: Seven years in the Navy.

* Walter Mondale: Army 1951-1953

* John Glenn: WWII and Korea; six DFCs and Air Medal with 18 Clusters.

* Tom Lantos: Served in Hungarian underground in WWII. Saved by Raoul Wallenberg.

Republicans -- and these are the guys sending people to war:

* Dick Cheney: did not serve. Several deferments, the last by marriage.

* Dennis Hastert: did not serve.

* Tom Delay: did not serve.

* Roy Blunt: did not serve.

* Bill Frist: did not serve.

* Mitch McConnell: did not serve.

* Rick Santorum: did not serve.

* Trent Lott: did not serve.

* John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments to teach business.

* Jeb Bush: did not serve.

* Karl Rove: did not serve.

* Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee." The man who attacked Max Cleland's patriotism.

* Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.

* Vin Weber: did not serve.

* Richard Perle: did not serve.

* Douglas Feith: did not serve.

* Eliot Abrams: did not serve.

* Richard Shelby: did not serve.

* Jon! Kyl: did not serve.

* Tim Hutchison: did not serve.

* Christopher Cox: did not serve.

* Newt Gingrich: did not serve.

* Don Rumsfeld: served in Navy (1954-57) as flight instructor.

* George W. Bush: failed to complete his six-year National Guard; got assigned to Alabama so he could campaign for family friend running for U.S. Senate; failed to show up for required medical exam, disappeared from duty.

* Ronald Reagan: due to poor eyesight, served in a non-combat role making movies.

* B-1 Bob Dornan: Consciously enlisted after fighting was over in Korea.

* Phil Gramm: did not serve.

* John McCain: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross.

* Dana Rohrabacher: did not serve.

* John M. McHugh: did not serve.

* JC Watts: did not serve.

* Jack Kemp: did not serve. "Knee problem," although continued in NFL for 8 years.

* Dan Quayle: Journalism unit of the Indiana National Guard.

* Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.

* George Pataki: did not serve.

* Spencer Abraham: did not serve.

* John Engler: did not serve.

* Lindsey Graham: National Guard lawyer.

* Arnold Schwarzenegger: AWOL from Austrian army base.

Pundits, Judges & Preachers

* Sean Hannity: did not serve.

* Rush Limbaugh: did not serve (4-F with a 'pilonidal cyst.')

* Bill O'Reilly: did not serve.

* Michael Savage: did not serve.

* George Will: did not serve.

* Chris Matthews: did not serve.

* Paul Gigot: did not serve.

* Bill Bennett: did not serve.

* Pat Buchanan: did not serve.

* John Wayne: did not serve.

* Bill Kristol: did not serve.

* Kenneth Starr: did not serve.

* Antonin Scalia: did not serve.

* Clarence Thomas: did not serve.

* Ralph Reed: did not serve.

* Michael Medved: did not serve.

* Charlie Daniels: did not serve.

* Ted Nugent: did not serve. (He only shoots at things that don't shoot back.)