Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can Anyone Help Me On This??

:help: Hey everyone! i have not been on for a long time,i have been bad!! but i have been real busy!! anyways i am in need of some help or some advice.

a couple of weeks ago i got a fill and i believed i was overfilled so i went back the following week and the doctor took some of that fill out, now for the next couple of days i was fine and able to eat again but not as of a couple of days ago i am struggling and cant keep anything down at all!! :think i am hungry and want to eat and drink but now i am getting scared to and i dont want to bother my doctor gain and seem like a pain in the bum, can anyone PLEASE tell me if they have had similar experiences or know of anything? i was banded at the end of march this year and the doctor says im doing real good and close to my goal but i dont want to take any more fill out incase the weight loss slows down!! PLEASE HELP!!!!:help: :hungry:

If you can't keep anything down - GET THEE to the DR!! You're either overfilled or swollen due to possible esophagitis. Can you keep liquids down at all?? The most important thing is to NOT become dehydrated. No weight loss is worth messing up your band or your esophagus and just in case you haven't heard; the closer you get to goal, the slower the weight loss WILL be. You're doing great, don't borrow trouble. Get a slight unfill. Please..

Hey there.. i had a similar prob, my band has been a lil too tight for some time.. i was getting enough food in but it took lots of tries and purges, i havent had a fill for 6 months, but suddenly... it closed off, and i wasnt able to get a sip of Water or anything down for more then a couple seconds. 10 days.. no drink, no food... i was malnourished and dropped 16lbs. Finally went this morning to get an Upper GI, in fear of a band slip, but no my stomach had just been squeezed for too long and swelled closing over my band. They took out just 1 cc and much relief... i can eat and drink perfectly find, you have to keep tweeking your band until you find that sweet spot... you arent being pain.. its the docs job :girl_hug:

Hi Leatha g and KLM3hrt, thanks for your advices, i do struggle to keep liquids down also,it seems to hurt when it goes down,eventually it does but with hurt, havent really had anything to eat or drink because of this, i was thinking to maybe give it another couple of days and if it still is like this i will go back to the doctor again.i know its bad but im silly!! i just wanna lose my weight!!! sorry!!!

Go and see Peter asap in case it is something that is not worth leaving

I hope you are feeling better:)

hello girls, well i had a bit of a scare last nite where i woke up actually vomiting!!not a good thing, it was scary!! so i decided after that not to wait a bit more and ring my Dr. , Dr Nottle. I went in to see him first thing this morning,he says the band has most likely slipped. tomorrow i go and get xrays, and then i see him on monday to see the verdict, he said that most likely he will fix it for me on tuesday, i said to him the sooner the better!!! is this a scary thing? i admit i cried when i left the doctors because i am bit scared and worried about the whole thing now, i do not regret getting the band at all though,has anyone had their band slip or know of anyone? what happens,is it scary?

thats not good to hear if you have slipped. I have woken during the night and vomited before, but that must have been because i ate to late at night.

I hope its all ok

no fee i guess its not good that my band has slipped!, i just hope it all goes well,i have done nothing but pretty much worry about it since yesterday when i left the doctors office, and now today i go get xrays to be 100% sure, i cant help but be scared

well girls and boys ,i saw my doctor today and the results say my band has slipped,i go in tomorrow to go through the whole operation thing again,am not looking forward to it,am bit scared, you know whats funny? its exaclty 7 months to the date that i had it put in!! lets hope all goes well tomorrow!

hi phili so sorry to hear you have to go through op again will be thinking of you best wishes and good luck jenny

Sorry to read of your bad run phili, and your slippage. Something we all dread of ever happening. Hope your the repair all went well and that you are feeling much better now. Looking forward to your update. Anna.

hello everyone, well i am now out of hospital but still hurting! atleast it is not near as bad as the first original operation. my doctor told me he put in a bigger band? is that right? to be honest i think i was still out of it and dont think i was listening 100%, he told me that instead of me having a 3ml i know have one that takes up to 12ml in Fluid. does anyone know about this? i will be seeing him again in a couple of weeks, to start the filling again i guess,lets hope this doesnt happen again! thanks for listening girls!