Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado anyone??

Thanks for letting me be an honorary "Coloradoian" :)

And I figured out the ticker thing...woo hoo!!

Only 6 more days til my surgery!! Good luck to you OfferRocker!! Let us know how things go.

Hi Kirsten,

I'm just about through the first day of my liquid diet. My doctor only requires 2 days of a liquid diet, so one down and one to go. It's really not bad, I just have to remember not to eat real food. It's amazing how easy it is to just pop something into your mouth without thinking. I'll let you know how it goes and good luck with your surgery.

Donna

Hey Gang...well, I did it!! I'm officially a Bandster now! woo hooo!

My only issue now is that the gas is kicking in and my stomach feels like someone punched me and getting up and down is difficult. I am flying home tomorrow and so I am a bit nervous about that....but I guess I'll survive!

If anyone has expereince to share about how long their pain in the stomach lasted, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Kristin,

Glad to hear everythingis going well.

Do tell how it was with Dr. K... I'll be in Denver in a little over a month!!!

Thanks,

Sheila

Yay Kirsten!! Congrats girl!

My belly was sore for about a week. Felt like I did a zillion crunches. Getting up from bed was hard, I slept in a recliner the first 2 nights.

Walk walk walk away that gas and take some gasx!

Thanks for the suggestion Drew! I made the trip home safely yesterday and still can't believe how smoothly everything went!!

My only issue now is obviously the pain which I know will hopefully be gone by Friday, and the fact that I'm apparently allergic to the tape they put over the incision sites!! I took benadryl last night and that helped a little bit, but it looks like I may have to take the bandages off a day or two early just so I can get rid of the rash....oh well! Other than that, I had no problems! I met w/Dr. K on Thurs, and he was very open and asked me if I had any questions and he answered all my questions. I went in on Friday and the staff at the surgery center were all so nice and helpful and supportive! The last thing I remember before going under was one of the nurses whispering in my ear "Think about nice things...think about all those skinny clothes you'll be shopping for soon!" I thought that was so sweet of her!

When I woke up in recovery, the nurses were right there, and they helped me get dressed and took me out to another recovery room to sit for a while and recoup. Dr. K came back by before I left to check on me and even gave me his Cell # to call over the weekend in case I had any problems!

I have nothing bad to say about my experience.....I'm just not looking forward to the pain being gone! :)

If anyone has any questions about Dr. K, let me know and I'd be happy to answer them!

Hi Kirsten, thanks for the report and welcome back. Glad to hear everything went well. It will be me in Colorado in less than a month. :nervous I look forward to hearing how things go for you over then next weeks and months. Welcome back!

Mark

Hey gang! I barely remember posting my other post (must have still been on drugs) LOL...but wanted to let you know that I'm now 5 days out and still don't have much hunger. I am somewhat dreading next week b/c my entire family will be visiting for the holidays and there will be a TON of food around that I can't eat, but I know I'll also probably be the only one that loses weight during the holidays! ;-)

I also still feel like I've done 1000 crunches, but the pain is slowly subsiding...I can't wait for it to all be gone!

I had to change my bandages last night b/c I had an allergic reaction to the ones they put on me in the hospital, and I can't believe that after 5 days, 3 of the incisions are already barely there!! The other 2 bigger ones still definitely need more time to heal, but I can already tell they won't be too bad!

Anyways, just wanted to report in and let you know I'm doing well....can't wait to eat mushies though ;-)

Hey TrishS--Who did your surgery in Pueblo? I had mine with Dr. Smith and so far I really like him, but have not had my first fill yet. That will be on January 17, so I am curious to see what happens then. I would love to chat with you sometime!

258h/248s/231c/140g

Banded Nov 30

Hey Gang! I'm doing well!! I can actually sleep on my stomach now and do not have any pain anymore when I"m getting up and down...YEAH!!!! Although I've had some 'real' food in the past 24 hrs (holidays...ugh!!)....I've managed to chew thoroughly before swallowing and have also been able to go right back to liquids. The Hunger is definitely starting to come back, although I find that if I get my Protein in in the AM, I am good for most of the day.

I've got family in town so am not on the computer as much, but will be on more after they all leave on Friday! :)

Hope you all had a Merrry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!!

Hi, Dr. Smith is my Dr. too.... I was banded April 2005 then again August 2006 due to a leak in my band. Dr. Smith is a wonderful person. I have had so many complications that Im not a bandster to look up to. Dr. Smith has been really good to me and stuck with me thourgh all my problems.. just mention Patricia in NM to him and he will. look sad.... I am still trying with all I have but I have only lost 70 pounds and been through 4 surgeries, and my tummy looks like a map... I am always around if you ever need anyone to talk to, or just need a pick me up..

Do you live in Pueblo? I travel there alot and want to meet more of Dr. Smith's bandsters.....

Hey TrishS--Who did your surgery in Pueblo? I had mine with Dr. Smith and so far I really like him, but have not had my first fill yet. That will be on January 17, so I am curious to see what happens then. I would love to chat with you sometime!

258h/248s/231c/140g

Banded Nov 30

Hey TrishS--I'm sorry to hear about all your problems. Hopefully things are looking up for you now. Dr. Smith does seem like a super nice guy. I do live in Pueblo, and would love to meet you sometime. Are you in Albuquerque? I have a very good friend in Albuquerque, and I go down there about once a year to visit her. You can also e-mail me whenever you need to talk or need some support @boonconburns@msn.com. Hang in there! Did you guys get any snow? We are getting dumped on like crazy--we probably have 6-7 inches on the ground where I live in south Pueblo. I'm glad it's a long weekend and I don't have anywhere to be for a few days!