Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My CRAZY Boyfriend's Idea For Jello!

Ok, so my boyfriend is one of those super tech savvy Mr. Fixit type of people and I had a problem that I went to him with. I wanted to mix powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury flavorless powder into my Jello without there being a weird cloud of powder because the texture makes me sick. So, this is the plan he has come up with:

Buy a large remote control car, make the jello in a soda bottle, put the remote control car upside down in the fridge, turn it on, and put the soda bottle horizonatally over the wheels so that it will constantly be moving while hardening and the powder won't settle in one spot.

He's crazy, but definitely loves me. I told him to have at it, just make me jello that I can eat.

:)

Amazing! Lol just picturing it makes me giggle. But hey it might work lol. Good way to get powder in too.

I like it! How do you get the Jello out of the bottle?

I suppose that you could cut open the bottle and let the Jello ooze out into a bowl.

Ok, so my boyfriend is one of those super tech savvy Mr. Fixit type of people and I had a problem that I went to him with. I wanted to mix unjury flavorless powder into my Jello without there being a weird cloud of powder because the texture makes me sick. So, this is the plan he has come up with:

Buy a large remote control car, make the Jello in a soda bottle, put the remote control car upside down in the fridge, turn it on, and put the soda bottle horizonatally over the wheels so that it will constantly be moving while hardening and the powder won't settle in one spot.

He's crazy, but definitely loves me. I told him to have at it, just make me jello that I can eat.

I got up at 3:00 A.M. and made the mistake of deciding to check this forum. Unfortunately, I saw this thread and true to my nature had to go on a solution hunt for the next hour. <_<

I tried automatic stirrers but the cheap ones were useless and the good ones were not battery driven. I looked at rock tumblers too, also not battery driven.

I liked your boyfriend's solution but had to see what else I could come up with.

Here: http://www.grabcart....rror-Ball-Motor

is a battery driven, rotating mirror ball motor which may be used to rotate anything you can hang under it. If your fridge is the type that uses grates just hang it in there attached to a tinkertoy or otherwise constructed shaft with paddles at the end which stirs the jello-powder mixture you have in a round pan.

When you don't need jello you can put a mirror ball up in the room and dance to BeeGee music. B)

Darn! I thought I could go back to bed and then I thought of this weasel ball toy I saw at Cracker Barrel.

http://www.amazon.com/Weazel-Ball-The-Weasel-Rolls/dp/B000PNFZ3E

The ball wil roll continually in the pan. Hopefully, it is waterproof or you could make it so.

Be sure to remove the weasel first. :D

Ok' date=' so my boyfriend is one of those super tech savvy Mr. Fixit type of people and I had a problem that I went to him with. I wanted to mix unjury flavorless powder into my Jello without there being a weird cloud of powder because the texture makes me sick. So, this is the plan he has come up with:

Buy a large remote control car, make the Jello in a soda bottle, put the remote control car upside down in the fridge, turn it on, and put the soda bottle horizonatally over the wheels so that it will constantly be moving while hardening and the powder won't settle in one spot.

:)[/quote']

So.... did it work?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

So.... did it work?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

We haven't tried yet...surgery is in 10 days for me so he's going to make it in about a week and see how it works. I'll take a picture and let you guys know!

Darn! I thought I could go back to bed and then I thought of this weasel ball toy I saw at Cracker Barrel.

http://www.amazon.com/Weazel-Ball-The-Weasel-Rolls/dp/B000PNFZ3E

The ball wil roll continually in the pan. Hopefully, it is waterproof or you could make it so.

Be sure to remove the weasel first. :D

That's hilarious, you are just like him! Okay, so his opinions on your ideas..

First off, we don't have any grates in the fridge, it's all glass so unless we could rig your ball a different way or put it in the freezer and just watch it really close to make sure it doesn't freeze (which is a possibility) that won't work.

The weasel may work, but what happens when the Jello gets too thick for the ball to move around? The powder may settle a little bit because the ball wouldn't be able to move around but it would still be better than without it because if it did settle it would to a much lesser extent of ickyness.

Ok, I told my wife about your boyfriends ideas and my ideas and she gave me that "men are such goofs" laugh. Then she reminded me that Protein powder coagulates in hot Water. She said that to make Jello you dissolve the Jello powder in hot Water and when it is totally dissolved you pour cold water in. You should dissolve the Protein Powder completely in the cold water before you pour it in with the hot water and jello concoction. It should be dispersed pretty well.

She also suggested just making the jello normally and mix the Protein Powder into sugar free Cool Whip to use as a topping.

I know nothing of these things. I just eat stuff. B)