Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Ongoing Story :)

Again, I'm very impressed, and you are so cute. All the best to you. Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper, hopefully, he's a "sticker" (sorry, goofy, :P )

Awh shucks..thank you :) He definitely is both a keeper and a sticker. We often argue about which one of us loves the other more. I think it's a tie, but he's definitely a sweetie. He even offered to do my post-op diet with me without having the surgery. I told him that I didn't want him to suffer so he's going to try Atkins. We're pretty good together and I see a pretty long and happy future with him!!

Good luck to you and your son on your surgeries! I'm getting really excited :]]]]]]

Seems unheard of for insurance to get you approved so quickly. Read that: without requiring 3-6 months of nutrition and/or a longer history of comorbidities.

Good luck to you on your surgery.

My insurance approved in two weeks. Have Anthem BCBS. Each company has their own requirements.

My insurance approved in two weeks. Have Anthem BCBS. Each company has their own requirements.

Yeah, I met all of my requirements so they just pushed it right through. It seems to be different for everyone...there were no hoops for me to jump through. The surgeon called me the day they got the approval and were willing to schedule literately the NEXT week...like in 6 days. It happened to be finals week so I asked if we could do it the week after which was no problem and I'm all set for next Wednesday.

Quick update:

I tried all of the Protein from Optimum...

The mocha Cappuccino is killer...it tastes like Starbucks. Yum!

The Caramel Toffee Fudge has too much of an after taste for my liking but my mom who hates Protein shakes liked it a lot.

The Cake Batter was intolerable for me, just gross. I didn't have my mom try it because there was no point.

I'm sending the Caramel and the Cake Batter back tomorrow...ick!

I ordered nectar Fuzzy Navel but still need one more tub of Protein. I've got a good stock of Jello, diet juice, flavored Water, etc. I'm going on the hunt for another Protein powder to order tonight. I'll let you know what I choose and let you know my thoughts on the unjury when it gets here Thursday.

Do you have the Biotine (I think that was it) spray for the hospital? It moistens your mouth after surgery. I couldn't drink anything for the whole day and being diabetic I got very bad dry mouth. Look for it at Walgreens if you want some.

Tip for Unflavored Unjury, it works good during the first week on liquids if you mix it in broth or creamy Soups - but mix it slowly or it foams. Once it gets mixed in there really isn't any flavor, You sound like you have a great attitude and you're well prepared. Just be ready to walk and sip, sip, sip. I didn't have any problem walking or even going up stairs afterwards, I just had a general lack of energy. Good luck and let us know how you are!

Do you have the Biotine (I think that was it) spray for the hospital? It moistens your mouth after surgery. I couldn't drink anything for the whole day and being diabetic I got very bad dry mouth. Look for it at Walgreens if you want some.

Tip for Unflavored unjury, it works good during the first week on liquids if you mix it in broth or creamy Soups - but mix it slowly or it foams. Once it gets mixed in there really isn't any flavor, You sound like you have a great attitude and you're well prepared. Just be ready to walk and sip, sip, sip. I didn't have any problem walking or even going up stairs afterwards, I just had a general lack of energy. Good luck and let us know how you are!

I'll have to look into that. At first I read it as Biotin spray and was like, "Uh, I don't think so" but Biotine makes much more sense. I'll be careful with the mixing...thanks for the advice! I do feel like I'm ready and I'm super excited!!

I ended up ordering Lean Dessert chocolate Coconut Protein powder to replace the others. It has rave reviews and I love chocolate Coconut bubble tea so here's to hoping it tastes anything like it :D

I talk a lot about my boyfriend, here is a picture of us together from a couple months ago. We get laughed at a lot because of our height difference. He is 6'5 :)

post-46029-13813661468419_thumb.jpg

Just a thought, Isopure is great for the first few clear liquid days. It doesn't taste great but the Grape and orange flavors are tolerable. Each 20 oz bottle has 40 grams of Protein. I got mine at the Vitamin Shoppe. I put the Isopure in a large cup with ice and let the ice melt in...it makes it a thinner consistency and easier to drink.

Good luck sounds like you are off to a great start!

I recently bought another post surgery necessity! I talked to my hair stylist...she's been doing my hair since I was 8 and I love her to death! I told her I was getting surgery and that a side effect was some Hair loss, she said it's better to be safe than sorry and had me purchase Bosley Shampoo & Conditioner for hair regrowth and a regrowth treatment for women. I spent $80 and it'll last me about 2 months. I figure, I'll do it until I hit my goal weight then switch back to my normal routine assuming that I don't lose massive amounts of hair. I've been growing my hair out for years with no dye or chemicals so it is not an acceptable side affect for my beautiful curls to thin. I'm nipping it in the bud, I've got it ordered and on it's way and I'm going in tomorrow for a hair cut and she's going to teach me how to use the treatment.

I finally talked my mom into making me some homemade chicken broth...yay! So, on tomorrow's shopping list is a whole chicken, carrots, onions, bay leaves, and celery. She'll stew it all with Water in a 3 gallon pot and I'll freeze a crap ton of low sodium low fat (after she scoops it all of the top!) YUMMY chicken broth. GO MOM!

My party got cancelled but it's okay, my stress level is high and entertaining a slew of people would have been a bit much. Finals are over! YES! And now I get to chill out for the next few days...yay me :D.

You are smart to have this surgery while you are young. I had the surgery at 56 and it has changed my life - I feel so much healthier, but back when I was your age, weight loss surgery was not an option for everyone, so I dieted, lost and gained weight so many times. I am also a shorty at about 5 feet tall. Now that I have lost almost 100 pounds, I am much more petite looking like the old days, but I still have my curves. YAY!

You may still lose hair. It happens with the surgical procedure and the HUGE decrease in calories. Keep up your Protein and Vitamins. I did lose a lot of my hair, but I cut it a bit to give more layers and it was not so noticeable. I am 8 months out and it has almost stopped now, I do take 4000 mg of Biotin and used Nioxin products to help. No one ever commented on my hair issues, so most of my insecurity was mine alone...but now I see it growing back, like an undercoat filling it all back in and I so happy about that.

Don't over buy Protein, your taste buds might change, it happens to so many! I found a Protein Powder I liked ok and stuck with that, and mostly I just use a shaker bottle and take it to work. I can get plenty of protein through regular foods now though, so only drink one shake a day.

Good luck, you have a good support system in place, and you seem ready to go!!

Yep, you will probably lose hair anyway, but yours looks fairly thick, so others may not notice. No one has noticed mine. My Hair loss started at about 6 months and continues at 9 months.

You seem to have your head on straight. Best of luck!!

I am pre-op and I ordered a sample pack of nectar Protein Powder (about $15). They give you a packet of most of the flavors so you can try them. The chocolate Truffle and Cappucino are very good. I haven't tried the rest but they sound amazing - Fuzzy Navel, Tropical Cooler, strawberry Mousse, etc. I will definitely be ordering some of these flavors.

Becareful getting to much to early everyone on hear says there taste change so much once you have surgery that they have had to waist so much money on stuff they now cant drink after surgery and have to start over best of luck to you.We are the same size in every way I cant wait to see your results I'm not till Jan 2013