Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Eat At 4 Weeks?

Yes the ricotta dish, lets hear...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Am I missing something? All these posts are listing foods that are not even close to the diet I have for four weeks. My diet says full liquids for 8 weeks post-op and some people are talking about meat and stuff. I don't get it.

All drs are different in what they direct you in having at specific times. Im allowed soft Soups and anything I can chew to mush, but I just don't have the appetite so I just do the shakes and Vitamins right now.. Occasionally, I sip Soup.

I eat raw or grilled shrimp. It's really filling. I measure two ozs. but usually can't finish it in one sitting. Raw crab is good with a little lemon so it's not so dry, too.

I have a hard time seeing how raw shrimp would be good for you--won't you get sick? The grilled sounds yummy though :)

And what is this delicious ricotta dish everyone's talking about? I'd love to have the recipe!

Found the recipe

Baked ricotta

8oz ricotta 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese 1t. Italian seasoning 1lg egg Salt and pepper 1/2 cup marinara sauce (I used 1/2 cup sun dried Tomato alfrado sauce 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese Mix ricotta cheese,parmesan cheese, beaten egg, and seasonings together. Place in oven dish pour sauce over top then top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 450 for 20-25 min. 6 servings 88 cal. 4 fat. 3.3 carbs

I am a hard boiled egg and tuna girl! My food at 5 weeks include: eggs, tuna, deli meat, grilled chicken.< /p>

I'm pretty happy with the same menu everyday which is why my choices are limited.

Shelly's Baked Ricotta

8 oz of Ricotta cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan

1 large Egg, beaten

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

salt & pepper to taste

1/2 cup Marinara Sauce

1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave

Yes What is the Ricotta Dish? LOL

The ricotta cheese recipe above is delish and very soft so can be eaten on mushies/softs.

If you don't know Eggface's blog (where the ricotta recipe is famous :) ) check it out. She has a lot of great recipes, advice, etc.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

This Wednesday I will be 4 weeks. I eat yogurt' date=' the baked ricota dish, very small amounts of chicken, sf pudding/jello, cheese, pureed broccli Soup and I can eat about 1/2 of a scrambled egg. Nothing goes down easy...but I understand this process is slow and things get easier with time. What did everyone else eat at 4 weeks out?[/quote']

3 weeks was Christmas, I had Beef wellington, roasted sweet potato, and brussel sprouts. i had to take very small bites and chew well. Total intake was about 1/4 cup over 2 hours. I was determined to enjoy my holiday! Now I'm at 5 weeks and I'm eating pretty much what I want, but still slow and in small quantities. For lunch I had green salad with chicken and half a banana. I find its all about pacing myself and paying attention to how the food feels in my stomach.

Am I missing something? All these posts are listing foods that are not even close to the diet I have for four weeks. My diet says full liquids for 8 weeks post-op and some people are talking about meat and stuff. I don't get it.

My surgeon had me to Clear Liquids for 1 week afetr surgery, then full liquids week 2, purees week 3, soft mushies week 4 and now Im on regular foods..he said each week was a new stage. Most surgeons (From what nutriionist said) prolong these liquid stages to promote maximum weight loss as weight loss does slow down when you hit the puree food stage for most. But regardless of which stages you are allowed, you have to move at your own pace. If you try something and dont feel quite ready, wait another day or so.

8am Breakfast = Protein Shake 11am cheese stick 2pm usually homemade tuna or chicken salad, yesterday I had deviled eggs without the yolk (added hummus in the middle) 5pm dinner Protein ususally chicken..last night family had cheeseburgers, I had a morning star soy burger with slice of cheese..I ate 1/2 and my hubby acidentally threw it away when I got up..lol It was sooo yummy (aquired taste) Last night snack with deli low sodium ham thin sliced with fat free cream cheese rolled up..hit the spot!! I find a schedule is 100% neccesary for me!!

Cold, Raw shrimp with tartar sauce, not unusual. My family serves that at parties and picnics. Not all that different from sushi if you think about it.

elyod59 - How are you coping being on liquids for 8 weeks? I was frustrated after a couple days so props to you for sticking to it for 8 weeks! Dr's post-op instructions are as different as night and day. I've seen so many variations of pre and post-op diets, it's unbelievable. 8 weeks seems a bit conservative. You should call and ask if you could start some pureed a couple weeks early or something...