Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why No Caffeine?

I forget, why can't we have caffeine? I forget? And for how long?

I forget' date=' why can't we have caffeine? I forget? And for how long?[/quote']

I was told by my surgeon that it would irritate the new stomach. I drink it now after 2 months out with no problems,

It is also a diuretic, so it causes you to need even more Water.< /p>

Causes dehydration

I'm a stickler for the rules and I have stuck to every rule my Dr. threw out, but that one. I wasn't about to quit caffine on top of everthing else. I drink iced tea with caffine, (not a lot). Not a coffee drinker so I don't miss it there, but was a heavey diet soda guy.

I was allowed my coffee all along, but every doc is different. I don't know what I would do without my java in the morning!!

I was told I could have the caffeine drinks, but could not count them as part of my Fluid intake.

I haven't had any because I have felt like I struggle to get my liquids in already. I tried to drink some coffee last Saturday morning, always LOVED LOVED my coffee.... had to spit it out because I couldn't stand the taste. Weird, huh?! I never know anymore what is going to taste good to me.

my nut told me it could cause ulcers

I'm allowed caffeine as long as I am still able to get my Water in. coffee doesn't replace a liquid. The biggest problem is that by the time I get half way through a cup the rest is cold and I end up tossing it.

I was told caffeine encourages snacking.. But for me I also had pretty bad acid reflux prior to surgery, once I dropped caffeine in my pre-op diet it went away, so did some stomach issues I would have. I've switched to an herbal non-caffeine coffee, still get the energy boost with out all the side effects. Its been difficult, I miss my Starbucks! But it's been worth it.