Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help From Experienced Cooks, Puree

I am pre-op, I'd thought since I had been experimenmting doing Puree I might ask here where people who might like to cook and probably have been there can let me know some real tips, I am thinking of getting an immersion hand blender hoping it works better than my blender and Nutri bullet which can mix nice clear alike liquids as long as I add much Water or something.

I am not into making slush for this at all times, I think I'd rather have a smooth dryer like mix but slush is what I started to get trying to add liquid and get the darn thing all pureed. Whats good ingredinants and method and tips you think better.

Please, do me the favor, I'll pass it on where I can.

Hi. The immersion hand blender is a very helpful tool for making puree. I used this as well as my Magic Bullet alot during this stage and still do. You really can puree almost any of your foods and enjoy the same flavors as you used to. The only caution my doc gave at this stage was that pureed dense meats mightstill be too much for my new stomach to handle. You do need to add a bit of liquid to get a good mix, I prefer to use a small amount of broth that compliments whatever I'm making, vegetable, chicken, beef instead of Water which dilutes the flavors you might be trying to achieve. Start with a small amount (tbl spoon and add more as needed)

I made alot of "crockpot" meals during those 10 days...and pureed a portion for myself. Chili, chicken and beef stew, curried chicken, hearty Soups. The stage doesn't last long so do yourself a favor and make a few meals that you won't mind having again and focus on other things rather than preparing alot of different foods. For me at this stage eating was a neccessity not really a big interest but when I ate I wanted it to be satisfying. My primary interest was getting the nutrition and liquids I needed so I continued to use shakes and Isopure at many meals and Snacks.< /p>

Thank you JenC, thats a great help hearing that. I may try to get a decent fat freeish stew or Soup going at that time being as I do have a crock pot and will probably get that immersion blender now too.

My juicer can do puree type foods. I have w blank plate with no holes in it and I can run stuff through my juicer with the blank plate on it and it comes out in a very thick mash. Sometimes I have to run stuff through twice. I love it for "banana icecream. I just run a frozen banana through my juicer and out comes an AMAZING banana ice cream. SO much better than doing it in a blender where you have to add additional liquids.

I use the Omega 8006 juicer

SerendipityHappens,

Sorry for a way late response, I also found that very interesting, I am going to look up that juicer on the net to see that. I have a regular old Jack LaLane, makes OK juices but I was going to get a high power blender (not for puree) some time for daily green smoothies in the future with all the fix'ens,lol. I have a Nutri Bullet now and it is a gas, it is a great start, it is juice plus everything that comes with the fruit or veggie fully liquidized. I had wanted a juicer for greens but one way is as good as the other at times. I use the juicer still for carrot juice plain and apple juice plain and straight up, although I toss in a lemon too with them.

Wo ! they have a full name for this thing, seems like a dynamo.

Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer

Very nice, so far, but I am settled on what I think I want, makes me think more now though because this is what I wanted before, a masticating juicer simple though.

Thanks

Wo ! they have a full name for this thing, seems like a dynamo.

Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer

Very nice, so far, but I am settled on what I think I want, makes me think more now though because this is what I wanted before, a masticating juicer simple though.

Thanks

FYI the 8004 is the EXACT same juicer except it is white instead of silver in color.... and the 8004 costs less. It's an expensive juicer but it has a 15 year warranty so you know this thing is built to last. It's EXCELLENT on greens.... the best juice around at getting all the juicy goodness out of kale. I don't love whole kale in my smoothies so I will make a regular fruit smoothie in a nutribullet, then just add the kale juice from the Omega juicer!... or if I'm going low carb, I'll just do a kale shot with kale, lemon ginger and some stevia. Tastes not so great, but it's a great way to get the benefit from real live plant stuffs when you're dealing with a low carb, high Protein diet. Also I like to do ginger juice in it. Ginger is a great anti-inflammatory so I juice ginger and put the juice in tea. I have used my juicer at least twice a day for the past six months! It's been the perfect fit for my needs.

Edited to add... I certainly wouldn't buy this juicer for the purpose of pureeing foods, an immersion blender would do a fine job of it at a much lower cost.... BUT if you're considering a new juicer anyway, I'd definitely look into the Omega.

sounds cool, I like ginger root too, put it through my juicer before when I was making more complex variations. Makes the fruit sweeter. Apple cider vinegar brings out some flavors too in a good juice mix, not so much at all in my Nutri Bullet as in straight juices though. I have used cellery juice in the Bullet too and the carot. Somewhere down the road I may consider this you know, one thing or one step at a time.

I am pre-op' date=' I'd thought since I had been experimenmting doing Puree I might ask here where people who might like to cook and probably have been there can let me know some real tips, I am thinking of getting an immersion hand blender hoping it works better than my blender and Nutri bullet which can mix nice clear alike liquids as long as I add much Water or something.

I am not into making slush for this at all times, I think I'd rather have a smooth dryer like mix but slush is what I started to get trying to add liquid and get the darn thing all pureed. Whats good ingredinants and method and tips you think better.

Please, do me the favor, I'll pass it on where I can.[/quote']

I tried the immersion blender it made mush and kept getting caught by the blade . I used my little food chopper was best. I puréed everything from salmon to chicken. To the chicken cold I added a little honey mustard and Greek yogurt and pickle relish to make chicken salad. Can do same with tuna or salmon. Sometimes just added chicken broth.