Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After All This What If It Doesn't Work......in Tears

I am so down and worried today. I am 5 days postop and physically feeling much better. But I am feeling so hungry. I am still on full liquids till Wednesday. I'm worried #1 because I am able to drink pretty much normally. I can get my shakes in and all my fluids and I don't feel any resistance. This cares me. I can even eat cream Soup and have no pain. #2 what if u did all this and I'm still hungry all the time with minimal resistance. My friend who had the sleeve wasn't hungry at all postop and could barely get anything in without feeling full? Why am I different? #3 I'm mourning food and normally when I'm so upset I would eat something comforting and I can't. I feel so lost....

Your so not alone. I was sleeved 11/14.. I have been experiencing the exact thing since I was home from the hospital. I have been eating and drinking without a problem. I have been eating alot less due to fear that I would cause a problem to my stomach. Yestersay was the first time I had a feeling that I was going to vomit..my stomach didnt feel full but I felt like the food was sitting in my throat. After it passed, I called my mother to share the exciting news with her. That was the feeling I have been waiting for..lol I wentil to the surgeon post op day 5 and shared my concerns with her. She did seem a little surprised. She then told me I wasn't drinking enough Water.. Then suggested I see the psychologist and dietitian. I have my appt. On tuesday with the dietitian. I plan on showing her how I can tolerate 4 oz. cottage cheese down quickly in seconds. The fact that she wanted me to see the psychologist pissed me off. This is something I cannot make up.

I need to drink water.. I have not been doing well with that.

Your not alone.. Private message me if you want to talk more or hear the outcome on tuesday..

I know its very dissapointing. We have been waiting for this..good luck

I am so down and worried today. I am 5 days postop and physically feeling much better. But I am feeling so hungry. I am still on full liquids till Wednesday. I'm worried #1 because I am able to drink pretty much normally. I can get my shakes in and all my fluids and I don't feel any resistance. This cares me. I can even eat cream Soup and have no pain. #2 what if u did all this and I'm still hungry all the time with minimal resistance. My friend who had the sleeve wasn't hungry at all postop and could barely get anything in without feeling full? Why am I different? #3 I'm mourning food and normally when I'm so upset I would eat something comforting and I can't. I feel so lost....

Your so not alone. I was sleeved 11/14.. I have been experiencing the exact thing since I was home from the hospital. I have been eating and drinking without a problem. I have been eating alot less due to fear that I would cause a problem to my stomach. Yestersay was the first time I had a feeling that I was going to vomit..my stomach didnt feel full but I felt like the food was sitting in my throat. After it passed' date=' I called my mother to share the exciting news with her. That was the feeling I have been waiting for..lol I wentil to the surgeon post op day 5 and shared my concerns with her. She did seem a little surprised. She then told me I wasn't drinking enough Water.. Then suggested I see the psychologist and dietitian. I have my appt. On tuesday with the dietitian. I plan on showing her how I can tolerate 4 oz. cottage cheese down quickly in seconds. The fact that she wanted me to see the psychologist pissed me off. This is something I cannot make up.

I need to drink water.. I have not been doing well with that.

Your not alone.. Private message me if you want to talk more or hear the outcome on tuesday..

I know its very dissapointing. We have been waiting for this..good luck[/quote']

Thanks! I would like to here the results of your appt tues. I am going to call the office today myself and ask some questions.

I have the same worries also because my weight loss has been so slow and I feel like I'm hitting several stalls on this journey. I know the weight will eventually come off and I'm learning to be more realistic about the fact that I more than likely wont be one of those people who reach goal at 6 months post op, I will probably hit goal around 12 months post op. I wish the weight was gone but it didn't come on over night.

Hi I'm new here but wanted to say I could have written the original post. I was sleeved on 11/1/12 and I'm still on full liquids. I do get full enough from the shakes but they go down really easily. And I still get hungry quite frequently throughout the day. I start soft/mushy foods Friday so I'm REALLY hoping I start feeling more restriction. I'm scared I did this for nothing but gonna try to trust the process. :)

So I saw the Dr today and relayed my concerns. He told me not to worry. I fill definitely feel the restrictions with more solid foods. He said everyone is different and be glad its easy for me to her liquids in. He also said that I am so calorie deficient right now that it is normal to have hunger and I may need to eat/drink more often than I have been unfilled I can get more solid Protein in and feel full longer. He moved me to pureed or blenderized foods now so I can move on to some different things from just chicken broth and Tomato Soup. This helped me a lot. I am in a much better frame if mind now. I think for a couple days I just felt hungry, isolated, and depressed like I wouldn't feel "normal" again. But I feel do much better now and I realize this is still a process that I have to work through and in a couple weeks I will be eating normal foods all be it in small amounts but living a more "normal" life. This has been and will be an emotional adventure food me but I am understanding more and more that this is exactly why I has this surgery. I wouldnt be able do do this in my own.

So I saw the Dr today and relayed my concerns. He told me not to worry. I fill definitely feel the restrictions with more solid foods. He said everyone is different and be glad its easy for me to her liquids in. He also said that I am so calorie deficient right now that it is normal to have hunger and I may need to eat/drink more often than I have been unfilled I can get more solid Protein in and feel full longer. He moved me to pureed or blenderized foods now so I can move on to some different things from just chicken broth and Tomato Soup. This helped me a lot. I am in a much better frame if mind now. I think for a couple days I just felt hungry' date=' isolated, and depressed like I wouldn't feel "normal" again. But I feel do much better now and I realize this is still a process that I have to work through and in a couple weeks I will be eating normal foods all be it in small amounts but living a more "normal" life. This has been and will be an emotional adventure food me but I am understanding more and more that this is exactly why I has this surgery. I wouldnt be able do do this in my own.[/quote']

Sounds like your doing much better. Your surgeon did alot more explaining than mine. Good luck on the next food stage..

Sounds like your doing much better. Your surgeon did alot more explaining than mine. Good luck on the next food stage..

Tx! Same to you! Let's keep up with each other. Thanks again for your support

Hi all, you don't know me...but I know you!! I researched the gastric sleeve for a year before having mine done (25th Oct), I've read every single thread on here. I am also on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster at the moment, I love that I have lost 22 pounds but although I feel like I don't miss food per se, I miss sitting round the dining table, eating, drinking wine and chatting. I know I can still do that, but after 2-3 mouthfuls, I feel sick and tired and I'm just not myself any more. I will say that I am not a good person, I've given up on the Protein Shakes and I take my Vitamins sporadically, I hardly eat but because liquids go down well I have been compensating with vodka and I am smoking too much as well. I am dreading all the Christmas do's I have to go to. I realise what I am doing wrong just by reading my own reply x x x x x x