Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waxing...down There.

I suggest going to a Bliss spa, if there is one near you. It's expensive, but the blue wax they use is painless. If I could see down there I would by the poetic waxing kit (that's what it's called) and just do it at home. I used to go about every six weeks. The staff was nice and very professional. As I got heavier, they would sometimes ask me to help out by holding up the panny and stuff, but other than that no problems.

I plan to go back once I hit my mini-goal of 225.

My ex-husband used wax mine for me. He did a fantastic job too. Now I have to do it myself :-( .... looking forward to losing some weight to make all those delicate places easier to reach.. and It would be a whole heck of a lot easier if I could SEE what I'm doing too! Yet one more thing to look forward to after surgery!

Anyway, yeah, think of the ladies who do the waxing in the same way you think of your lady doctor... They've seen it ALL!

I've been waxing my legs for 20 years (I may have shaved 6 times in 20 years) and I'd had many bikini waxes along the way. I started waxing it all off down below (front and back) in July. It hurts but it's worth it. I can't stand the itchy regrowth I'd get from shaving but it feels so nice, clean and cool. If you still have pain meds from your surgery, take one about 30 minutes before you go in! =)

Someone mentioned the blue wax. This is KEY. I'd not recommend using strips or wax that has to be pulled off with strips of material for the labia or that immediate vicinity. Get recommendations and call to find out what kind of wax they use.

Find someone you like and are comfortable with. This person is going to handle you more than your OB and I'm telling you, I've had less invasive sex than waxing...

The first time, they'll probably trim you with a beard trimmer. You want the hair long enough for the wax to grab, but not so long that there's too much play between the level on the hair where the wax reaches and the skin. If the hair is too long, it pulls randomly and produces poor results because there's too much breakage rather than removal.

I'm not opposed to waxing myself. I can easily do my legs but haven't invested in the blue wax for my own use. I'd probably do my face too if I had it!

I'm getting my underarms and some of my bikini hair done with laser too. I *really* don't like shaving!

Hey ladies...I get waxed about every 6 wks also. I actually go to a local beautician school. I pay $26! The students do a great job!! I prefer the hard wax, they can go over any spots that may not have gotten it all. The strips do not allow for that. I HIGHLY recommend it!!

Girl- just do it. I'm sure u will be glad when it's done!!! And coming from a labor nurse- I promise they won't notice or remember u. Good luck. And have fun in Hawaii;)

I like sugaring it does not hurt and it exfoliates the skin and over time slows down Hair growth. My legs, arms, underarms all grow slow with less hair. I go every 8 weeks.

Ok.... As a cosmetologist AND esthetician, I wax clients all day, everyday. We really don't focus on looking and the appearance of the nether regions. We do like to insure we are not waxing over any moles. :) BLUE wax is key and a personal preference for myself when waxing others, it's not as harsh as others. Any esthetician using honey wax on your nether regions should lose her license. (Sorry if that offends)

Tylenol a good 30 mins before will help alleviate some pain. She may or may not ask you to hold specific areas, but that is to insure the skin is pulled taut in that area and to reduce the pain of pulling the strip off.

Hope this helps! You will be truly happier with a wax!

None taken lol if u were talking to me. I agree honey no good but lemon sugar with some other stuff not bad. Now at first when I was getting cert by company to use in the shop I questioned the owner of the shop and this company. But I it and so did the clients. I dont work there anymore so who know if they still have same response. I go to the main place to get mine.

Oh no...not to you. Sugaring is great. I just meat any licensed esthetician using the amber colored honey wax to perform a bikini wax....well that's insane. Lol

Ok lol no biggie what state u in? I am in Texas when u got ur license what did u have to go through? Ours was 1500 clock hours, written test state and practical state and pass with at least a 70. When i did mine i felt so bad for a lady there this was her 3 time taking and failed but they made it so obvious they did not want her to pass. Is it like that there? If u dont mind me asking.

Okay another question, when you get a brazillian how soon after do you feel comfortable enough to have sex? How long for the swelling (if there is any) or redness to go away? Do they get EVERY hair there? How about the few random hairs that are very close to delicate areas?

After my first waxing it was 24 hours before things calmed down and the redness went away. But I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been an issue to stop me. LOL Just wish I hadn't waited so long in life to try it!

Ok lol no biggie what state u in? I am in Texas when u got ur license what did u have to go through? Ours was 1500 clock hours' date=' written test state and practical state and pass with at least a 70. When i did mine i felt so bad for a lady there this was her 3 time taking and failed but they made it so obvious they did not want her to pass. Is it like that there? If u dont mind me asking.[/quote']

I'm in Texas, also. :) I got my license when i lived in another country (1800 hours) then came to the states and had to take all the tests. They didn't allow for reciprocity like they will when coming from another state.

I'm in Texas' date=' also. :) I got my license when i lived in another country (1800 hours) then came to the states and had to take all the tests. They didn't allow for reciprocity like they will when coming from another state.[/quote']

Wow thats a lot of hours sorry u had to due tests again. Its so nice to meet a fellow cosmetologist :) R u pre op or post? My date is Jan 8th.