Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When's A Good Time To Exercise

I've been told it's better to exercise in the morning because then your metabolism gets a kick start for the rest of the day, and that's coming from a physical therapist.Or just do 10-minute spurts throughout the day. I even do some at work at my desk, and nobody knows I'm doing them.

I've been told it's better to exercise in the morning because then your metabolism gets a kick start for the rest of the day, and that's coming from a physical therapist.Or just do 10-minute spurts throughout the day. I even do some at work at my desk, and nobody knows I'm doing them.

I've heard this as well. That said, I think making sure you do it, period, is more important than finding the "perfect" time to. Morning, noon, night...just burn those calories off! :)

Right now is always a good time to exercise. :) I've found that morning works better for me because then it's done for the day and I don't have to squeeze a workout in after a long day. Doing it early lets me just do my workout and then forget about it for the rest of the day. :)

It is best not to exercise just before a meal. Not because any certain time has any physical benifit, but because if you sit down to eat after a workout you will be doing so with a ravenous appetite. I'd recommend after Breakfast or after dinner.

The best time for me to exercise is in the morning. I wake up at 630a and make Breakfast. Send the kids off to school and by 9am I'm dropping my youngest off at hourly care for 2 hours. I usually start my walk around 930a. I walk 2 miles outside and then I go back and pick up my kiddo. I prefer to walk outside, we do have a treadmill in the garage but it's too boring. When I had 1 kid I used to workout at night after my husband got home from work. Mornings work best for me. I walk 2 miles, 3 times a week.

I usually eat a Protein Bar on the way to the gym. My morning routine is up at 5:30, eat a mini babybel, take my vitamins/meds with a bottle of Water, get dressed for the gym, eat a Protein bar on the way to the gym, at the gym by 6:30, workout, then back home to shower and start my day by 9. Since I drink a full bottle of water at the gym, I've got half my water requirement in by 9 am, plus 36 grams of protein between the babybel and the protein bar. It's working for me so far.

I was told to exercise whenever I can . I think its more important that you do in than when you do it!

I am pre-op, and I'll definitely be exercising when I'm cleared to. How long after you were sleeves were you able to start exercising again? My coordinator says 1 month. Seems like a long time to me. Does that seem right to you guys?

I am pre-op, and I'll definitely be exercising when I'm cleared to. How long after you were sleeves were you able to start exercising again? My coordinator says 1 month. Seems like a long time to me. Does that seem right to you guys?

I was told to walk as much as possible immediately and did (it helps tremendously with the gas). Lifting over 10 pounds or any strenuous movement (jumping, etc) was 6 weeks. I was hard headed and started before 6 weeks and reopened a stitch. Don't be hard headed! LOL

Met with nut and personal trainer she said start waking 30 min u can break it up for one month prior to working. She said concentrate on your posture and core while you walk. This will get u ready for weight and exercise because we had poor posture while we were heavy. Makes since.

Thanks everyone . My dr cleared me to work out at 3 wks, but I have a bad ankle , so barely started today. I guess everyone is right , doesn't matter about the time , as long as it gets done. Thanks & good luck to us all :)

If I don't work out in the morning I will talk myself out of doing it the rest of the day

The best time to exercise is when you will do it consistently. I am a morning person, i like to get my workout in fairly early. Then i am done! I know that i don't have to worry about it the rest of the day, or feel guilty because it got late and i was tired, or whatever other excuse i can come up with to avoid it. My husband, on the other hand, likes to exercise after work because it relaxes him and burns off any nervous energy and stress from the day.

So do it when you feel best, and do it every day!