Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frozen Dinner Survey

don't always have time to make something ahead of time for lunch when I head out the door for work. .

Wondering what frozen meals you like best. Especially if they are lower carb and decent protien?

Smart ones, healthy choice, kashi, lean cuisine?

I have little success with health choice, even pre-op they left a bad after taste to me. I would say you need to review the nutrition panel while shopping and go from there. Keep in mind just about everything frozen will be high in sodium, that sort of goes with the territory.

Hey Chad, I get the frozen ready to eat grilled chicken nuggets/strips...they are easily microwaved and very filling. I also like to take frozen precooked hamburger patties to microwave, one of those and I'm stuffed.

Starkist has great tuna pouches that are great as well.

Those are a few. Hope your doing well!

Oh also string cheese, I always include one with my meal :)

I've had a couple of these lean cuisines post-op. They're not bad. They are a little carby, but since I can only eat half, and eat the Protein first, I'm not worried.

http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/Sublines/CulinaryCollection.aspx

I am currently in love with Lean Cuisine's Roasted Turkey and Vegetables - its their new culinary collection. It can be a bit hard to find meals that dont have some form of white/grain based carb - as i never met a noodle I didn't like - this one is the bomb! Its 200 cals. 16g Protein, 18g carbs, 7 g fat.

http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/Details.aspx?ProductID=10382

I can finally eat a whole one - early on one meal took 2-3 days lol.

Lean Cuisine is the best ones I find. They have about 4-5 different meals that are primarily Protein and a side veggie that is non-starchy. If they do have a starch, I just don't eat it. For the first time in my life a Lean Cuisine more than fills me up!

I prefer smart ones but my NUT was not happy with me yesterday when I told her I had started to eat them again. She said all frozen pre packaged food has high preservatives and to stop eating them. I don't cook so smart ones have always been my diet food and they are high in Protein.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

They can freeze dry peanuts to make low (or is it no) fat Peanut Butter, but they still can't make frozen meals low sodium and reduce the preservatives and additives! When I did Jenny Craig a couple years ago, after getting tired of the cost of the food, tried to find comparable meals to replace Jenny's. No luck! Everything was higher in sodium, sugars, fats and carbs! JC's food is manufactured by Nestle-you would think by now Nestle would have produced frozen meals for mainstream unless Jenny Craig won't let them! I did enjoy the Portion Control and many of the meals were very delicious,but a year and thousands of dollars (spent approx. $75-$100/week X 52 weeks!) later, I just couldn't lose any weight. Lost about 70 lbs. gained 77 back in a year! (ouch!) now I've re-lost 40 since Pre-op diet, 30 more to be at my Jenny weight (I felt terrific though!) hoping to get there by end of January (or, dare I say, sooner!).

Wish we had a trader joes

Nutritionists live in an ideal world. We live in the real world. Nutritionists' advice is a guideline. Some of us are very busy. We don't cook; I don't know how to cook. Low-cal frozen dinners with preservatives are better than my OLD eating habits.

Not a fan of frozen dinners do I am always on the lookout for quick meal ideas. I have found chicken sausages from a few different makers that are really good. Take about 10 mins to cook and they are low carb and high Protein. costco has a good one and do does Johnsonville. 13 g of Protein and 5 carb. Hillshire Farms has precooked grilled chicken breasts. Seasoned and only take 60 secs in microwave.

I also like to keep canned chicken in the pantry. Always a quick go to. I take three ounces and heat it in the microwave with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and a few dashes of hot sauce. Makes a kind of buffalo chicken dish.

Not a fan of frozen dinners do I am always on the lookout for quick meal ideas. I have found chicken sausages from a few different makers that are really good. Take about 10 mins to cook and they are low carb and high Protein. costco has a good one and do does Johnsonville. 13 g of Protein and 5 carb. Hillshire Farms has precooked grilled chicken breasts. Seasoned and only take 60 secs in microwave.

I also like to keep canned chicken in the pantry. Always a quick go to. I take three ounces and heat it in the microwave with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and a few dashes of hot sauce. Makes a kind of buffalo chicken dish.

Thanks for the chicken cheese idea.

I buy the pre-cooked fajita strips in the refrigerated aisle. I throw some shredded cheese on 3, and microwave, and they're so good. Very filling. It comes in beef and chicken.< /p>

I buy the pre-cooked fajita strips in the refrigerated aisle. I throw some shredded cheese on 3' date=' and microwave, and they're so good. Very filling. It comes in beef and chicken.[/quote']

I use these too all the time. I wrap them up in a lettuce wrap with a little shredded cheese for lunch. I also chop them up and up them in my egg beaters.