Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Day 4! Feeling A Ok!

I was sleeved the 23 too! So happy to know others are in my same boat! What are you all eating now? I'm sick of Jello And I known Im not getting enough Water ....I don't like fruity flavored stuff

Hey there! Only thing I am drinking is Water, maybe some crystal lite and broth from stained Progresso chicken Soup. I am not getting enough water either. I just keep trying. I was told at discharge that i was allowed Optifast (my preop diet) but scared to use it this first week postop. I see my dr Wednesday hoping he will add Protein shakes then because I have had zero Protein so far. I tried adding the unjury unflavored protein to crystal lite but I could not drink it. But from what I read although protein is important, the first week just keeping hydrated is more important (hopefully I am correct in stating that)

I was given nectar a clear Protein supplement from a friend of mine I did add it to Crystal Light raspberry lemonade and it was not bad I have never even had crystal light before this week up until yesterday it's been really hard to swallow or drink and I hate opening Jello or yogurt to eat 1 bite out of it because that's all I can stomach...

I was given nectar a clear Protein supplement from a friend of mine I did add it to Crystal Light raspberry lemonade and it was not bad I have never even had crystal light before this week up until yesterday it's been really hard to swallow or drink and I hate opening Jello or yogurt to eat 1 bite out of it because that's all I can stomach...

I also have some Jello forgot about that. Jello will last a few days after its made. But not allowed yogurt yet!

yes first week sucks horribly!

but you'll be able to drink "normally" around day 6 or 7. no more sips :)

best wishes.

All I do is drink Water through out the whole day At "dinner time" with my family I have broth. What exactly are your 3 liquid meals, 6oz and 3 liquid Snacks of 4oz. My liquid BM are mixed in with gas relief most times. Luckily I had no gas pains.

my 3 meals of 6oz usually consists of something high in Protein, Chicke Protein shakes, premier nutrition , unjury chicken Soup or anykind of Protein Shakes mixed with milk for extra Protein. My 3 Snacks could be Jello, 1% choc milk, 0 sugar added juice, yop, clear Soups or broth.

Hope this helps

my 3 meals of 6oz usually consists of something high in protein' date=' Chicke Protein shakes, premier nutrition , unjury chicken Soup or anykind of Protein Shakes mixed with milk for extra Protein. My 3 Snacks could be Jello, 1% choc milk, 0 sugar added juice, yop, clear Soups or broth.

Hope this helps[/quote']

Oh I see thanks.

Hi, my surg was thurs 10/25. Went fine...until i got to my room. Dry heaved blood frm 1pm to 3 am. Nothing stopped it. They had to call emerg docs to come to my room. I thought i was dying. Barfing every 20 mins all that time. Then it went to 2 hrs, then 3, then 6... The dr said surg blood supposed to go out the other end, and if gets into upper GI its severe. Ummm yes it is. So came home sat afternoon. Tire easily. Getting in foods etc ok. But milky stuff making me run to restroom. Hubby is on his way to buy lactaid milk right now. Oh, and right shoulder hurts like hell, what is remedy for this??? Dr thinks its gas pain.

Incisions ok, one upper right pulling, looks too tight and dimpled. Get them out friday. But the wt is falling off! Take care u guys.

Quite often after I take a sip to drink I get this pressure like pain in my chest like between my boobs for just a few seconds. I don't think that my sip is too big but.... What is this pain. I never before had reflux or heartburn prior to this so I don't know what that feels like.

I came from tube they put down ur throat. I have same issue. It gets better with time. They put me on carafate for the pain in chest. Very nasty. But just take ur time and when u feel discomfort stop. Take a break. Until it stops then start again

Also sleeved on the 23rd. I take in 3 liquid meals of 6 oz and 3 liquid Snacks of 4oz. I struggle to get in 3 cups of Water after that. My incision starting to itch but no pain. My stomach just feels heavy and swollen. No bowel movement since the 29th so does not help tummy. Struggling with gas in my shoulders. Ouch!!!!

I had the gas in shoulders,.just recently went away, i heard a massage would help

I was sleeved on the 18th I'm so tired as of yesterday. I lost 15 Pds this week. I'm having a hard time getting in my Protein. Almost meeting my Water goals though. This is harder then I imagined. No pain tow speak of or nausea or vomiting. Some spasms in my belly but not to bad. My biggest issue right now is the fatigue!

I was also sleeved on the 18th and pretty much only issue is fatigue. I also bought some unflavored Isopure Protein powder and have been putting it in my Soups, yogurt, pudding, etc.... To help me get the Protein in. It has really helped.

I was also given caraface a liquid which lines the stomache. So all these medicines are something we have to stay on forever? Or just during healing or if there is a flare up with reflux/heartburn. I was also given Tylenol with codeine in liquid but it tastes so bad and my pain is not bad except when getting in and out of bed.

I had to take the caraface liquid for just 10 days. It is to keep your stomach coated while it is healing. My surgeon told me the only thing that I would have to continue to take "forever" is my Vitamins. I will have to take zegrid (acid reducer) for 6 months.