Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over Year Out...how Has Your Life Changed?

Hey how are the September sleeves doing?

I am guessing we probably don't come back here as much now a days....life moves on so to speak .

I am doing great, I remember pre-op being so worried at what life would be like post op,as much of my life centered around food. God if I only knew that all that worry was not worth it.

Life feels so normal now.

I have been traveling for 2 months now, so my at home reality is a bit skewed...but at home my day almost always includes a work out, it helps me get through the day, ESP at work. I am lucky my work fully endorses a healthy lifestyle and has its own gym on site, complete with teainers. We are all encouraged to use it, so will usually go around 10,meetings permitting and will not be the only one there.

My confidence level has taken a huge step forward. Something clicked like 3 weeks ago and now I seem to be just oozing it more. I go out now and seem to always have someone flirting with me which is nice, well nice for the ego. I am waiting to see how this may translate in my home environment.

I am doing things now that I never thought I would and have found i am an adrenaline junkie...or danger prone as my friend called me, I seem to also injure myself doing these endeavors, but just think how much worse any of them would be if I still carried the extra weight.

On the numbers side, I think I am somewhere around 160 pounds lost, I haven't weighed in a while so it may be more or less,I am thinking less at the moment. I will weigh when I get home and assess the damage that 2.5monhs of traveling and having fun has done...tho my clothes all feel the same.

I have gone from a 26/28 clothing to anything from a 10/12/14 depending on the make. I now own a piece of clothing from almost every designer....yet still love my $2 cut offs.

Hope you are all doing well...feel free to share your stories

Congratulations!!!

Did you encounter any major stalls during your weight loss? If so, what did you do to overcome them?

Thanks Kimberly.

Yes many many times. It is just part if the body adjusting. I would get to a certain weight and my body would be all like, this hasn't happened below, what do I do, so I guess it maintained until it felt ready and then would just jump again, sometimes like 5 pounds at a time.

I believe it is a pretty normal process..you just need to keep doing what you are doing.

Thank you for posting! I'm getting sleeved in two weeks and it helps so much hearing from those out a year or so. Congratulations on your progress and thanks for sharing!