Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets face it... were all werent/are fat because we stop eating when we are "content" My version of being content is full.... so I was wondering postop is there a "switch" or a light that goes off when you are done eating... or do u have to gainer a bigger sense of self control?

My switch isn't any better than it used to be, although I certainly get full on less food. The problem is, I don't eat as slow as I should so sometimes it doesn't go off in time (well, most of the time it doesn't). But now I measure everything and that makes it easy to not eat too much. So now I eat my measured portion and I'm done. 20 minutes later I feel that full feeling, not uncomfortable but satisfied. Why couldn't I have been doing that all along?

I get full very quickly and I know if I eat something that is prohibited I can get sick. Not getting sick or throwing up are my greatest motivators besides getting healthy. :)

I measure my food. That keeps me from over eating. I never paid attention to the signal before. And honestly, I didn't even know what the signal was!! After surgery, I ate until I felt "full" which meant stuffed/uncomfortable. By measuring my food, I learned to eat and stop before reaching that point.

Ok... so the full feeling postop is totally different then the full feeling preop

It can be for some people. I've heard of people who get the hiccups when they are full after surgery. For me, the only thing that has changed is my capacity.

I am six months out today. For about the first 4 months I never ate too much or bad stuff but recently I've been hungrier and eating worse stuff. I have also been in a stall.

My switch isn't any better than it used to be' date=' although I certainly get full on less food. The problem is, I don't eat as slow as I should so sometimes it doesn't go off in time (well, most of the time it doesn't). But now I measure everything and that makes it easy to not eat too much. So now I eat my measured portion and I'm done. 20 minutes later I feel that full feeling, not uncomfortable but satisfied. Why couldn't I have been doing that all along?[/quote']

I have the same problem! I guess I will measure now, although I eat so fast, I can't help myself.

Done Did It!

Like Butter, I measure everything I eat. I'm still only able to eat about 2 oz of solid Protein at a time (I'm 4 months post-op), and its truly a matter of 1 (tiny) bite too many, and I'm feeling so uncomfortably full!! I've gotten used to eating tiny bites, very slowly, so I'm almost always able to avoid feeling awful. Trust me....its worth missing! LOL

I measure all portions, but recently I have been getting full a lot sooner. It is as if the restriction sometimes is much more intense than other times. For example, I ate 2 bites of a chicken patty with onion and cheese tonight and got uncomfortably full. Two small bites. This is a little unusual as I can usually finish what I measure. I also get the hiccups when it is time for me to stop.

I'm only 2 weeks out, but when I am full, my nose starts running and I hiccup about 2 or 3 times, and that tells me not to eat one more bite or I'll be sorry I did.

Yeah me too!!! Haha

I'm 9 weeks out. I used to give out a little tiny burp and then I knew that I had to stop. Taking even one last bite would do me in. Recently it's just a full feeling and I CAN take that one last bite, but then i need to stop or I will be really uncomfortable.

I think that most people learn to figure out their rhythm thru trial and error. Good luck!