Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Please feel free to tell your husband that I was a Diet Coke junkie, and I also slept in various places each night, and never slept well. None of the meds worked. Within a week of stopping caffeine, I never had restless leg syndrome again.

One of the rheumatologist I went to decided I didn't have RA but had fibromyalgia. He prescribed a muscle relaxer and an antidepressant. The muscle relaxer made me jittery and the antidepressant wasn't covered by my insurance and he said if I wanted to be better, I'd pay for it out of pocket. I went off my RA medicine since I didn't have it and within a month, I could hardly walk. Guess I had it after all. I went twice to that rheumatologist and found a different one. When I took the Prozac, it made me numb. I'm not an overly emotional person to begin with but I just kind of sat in a fog and didn't care about anything. It was anything but a "happy pill." One of the new antidepressants (Cymbalta, maybe?) includes a pain medicine component as it is one they use on fibromyalgia patients now.

What's frustrating is that I was feeling great and being a lot more physically active with less weight but the last 2+ weeks have been awful on the energy front.

Diet Coke is also an excellent toilet cleaner as it will eat through the any stains. One has to wonder what it does to the stomach! I use to drink 8-12 cans of the stuff a day. I know have maybe a 20 ounce bottle of pop a month, spread over several days, and it's usually diet Dew or one of the flavored diet Dr. Peppers. (I do occasionally have a diet coke with rum or Jack Daniels if I'm out.)

Tom

I have fibromyalgia. i take amitriptaline (spelling?) at night (It's an antidepressent that helps me sleep) and tramadol (a pain pill) when I really hurt. Sometimes I go in and get shots in my "trigger points". It's all so frustrating.

I'm too afraid to drink soda. I sure have had a craving for it though

I have fibromyalgia. i take amitriptaline (spelling?) at night (It's an antidepressent that helps me sleep) and tramadol (a pain pill) when I really hurt. Sometimes I go in and get shots in my "trigger points". It's all so frustrating.

I'm too afraid to drink soda. I sure have had a craving for it though

They told me the amitripaline (sp?) was a muscle relaxer. I started off taking a small dose (no effect) and slowly added pills. Once I got to about 1/2 the eventual dose, I was so jittery I couldn't stand it. They switched me to flexeril. I take tramadol for the RA. That, and prednisone, are my friends. Fortunately I don't take them often, but when I need them, glad they're there!

Tom

The weight that I gained on prednisone put me over the edge and is why I decided to be banded.

The prednisone but me into diabetes (blood sugar over 500) and I lost a bunch of weight. When I went off the prednisone and gained it all, and then some, back.

Tom

Strange drug, but it's certainly useful when you really need it. It also gave me osteoporosis. Now I'm just on placqenil that beats up your bone marrow and eye sight. Sigh. At least I ain't so fat.....

Amitryptiline is an antidepressant that also helps with anxiety.

Hey Tom and BetsyJane--I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you guys are having. I am cursed with osteoarthritis myself, and it can really be dibilitating sometimes. I really thought that losing 71 pounds would make a huge difference in the way my knees and ankles felt but I'm a little dissapointed that it hasn't helped as much as I'd hoped. I know arthritis never goes away, but I really thought the extra weight was making more of a difference. Don't get me wrong, I do feel better, and am able to do more than I have in a long time, but still thought it would be more-maybe another 50 pounds will do the trick? On the bright side, I saw my doctor on Wed., and she said that if my A1c for my diabetes is below 6 with this new bloodwork she ordered, I can go off my diabetes meds! Yeah! She also told me I could stop taking my Pravachol for cholesterol, and we will check in Sept. and see how I am doing without it. She was absolutely thrilled with my progress. Hope everyone is enjoying this nice long weekend!

I was banded in College Station in November! Need a place for my 2 golden girls for June 2 to 7th! please contact me!!

Wow csccorona--your starting bmi was lower than mine is now after losing 71 pounds! We were banded on the same day, too. I'm not in Texas, so I can't help you with that--do you mean golden retreivers? Just wanted to say hi!

Well, I'm typing one-handed. On top of being exhausted, and mybe because of it, while hitching the trailer to the vehicle, it rolled forward and crushed my right hand between the tongue and the spare tire. The good news is that there doesn't appear to be major damage but it did take stitches and it's splinted so not usable. Makes doing the farm work a real challenge! My ex came out last night and did them whileI was at the ER. I'm off to milk now so we'll see how that goes.

I too thought losng the weight would help with the arthritis. What my rheumatologist said was the greatest benefit was less wear and tear so while immediate pain relief may not be realized, in the long run, it will make things far better than they may have been.

Wow, Tom, when it rains it pours, doesn't it? I'm so sorry! You must be one tough guy to keep plugging along through all this. I know there are long term benefits, but I want the short term benefits now! I know I will be able to put off having my other knee replaced, and my ankles fused at least for a while now. And after what happened to my son's grandpa, I am in no hurry to have another surgery! How did the goats do in the show? Any ribbons? Hang in there--glad there was no major damage, but it still sucks!

Wow, Tom, when it rains it pours, doesn't it? I'm so sorry! You must be one tough guy to keep plugging along through all this. I know there are long term benefits, but I want the short term benefits now! I know I will be able to put off having my other knee replaced, and my ankles fused at least for a while now. And after what happened to my son's grandpa, I am in no hurry to have another surgery! How did the goats do in the show? Any ribbons? Hang in there--glad there was no major damage, but it still sucks!

Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windsheild!

There were two shows at the same time. I took 2 of my ex's and one was grand champion in the first show and reserve grand champion in the second show and the other was grand champion in the second show so they did well.

Mine didn't do as well. We have different breeds. In one ring I had reserve grand champion and nothing in the other.

I understand about the instant gratification but remember, good things come to those that wait.

Tom

Hello all. I am back from vacation. We went to Disney then on a 4 day cruise. I think I did okay, food wise. Tho I was starting to feel a bit bulemic! I threw up a lot. Either eating too fast or too much! In any case, I made it home and I don't think I gained weight! Yippee! For any of you who have cruised, that is a tough feat! Huge damage can be done under normal circumstances.

Tom- I sure hope you feel better soon. Between your not feeling energy and now your hand I don't know how you do it. How in the world do you work a full time job and take care of everything on your farm????? I sure hope you feel better soon!!! :)

Anyone- I really need some help from you guys today. I am really, really depressed today about my progress. I know that I am less than I was before my surgery but I have been at a platue forever it seems. I am around 218 for about 6 weeks now and I am trying soooooo hard to get down into the one hundreds!!!!!!! I am trying to eat well and get my Protein first. I am trying to do the small 5 meals a day and exercise for at least 45 min 4-5 times a week. I just can't get the darn scale to go down!!!!!!!!!!! I spent the weekend with my two girlfriends that are thin and feel like such a fat cow right now. I get in like this of why does it seem like everyone around me eats what ever they want and they stay normal size and here I am obsessed with every little bite and I am a BIG GIRL!!!! I am trying so hard to loose this weight and it is the fight of my life!!!!! Seriously. Do any of you have any advice on what you see really kick start the weight loss. I just don't know what to eat anymore. I guess it is not what my body wants to loose weight but the just stay at a stand still. Please help!!!! I would appriciate any advice you could give. I am not good at making my own food. I am really loving Soups and chili but I guess they are the wrong things. I love the Protein Shakes from the powder. Thanks!!!!!!

Okay Vikki. I logged on just to offer you support. Hang in there. I was stuck for a month or so too then about 5 lbs flew off. I think a lot of it has to do with choices. Firstly, I was told to only eat 3 meals a day and if I was still hungry then I needed a fill. Prepared items such as Soups and chili have TONS of salt! THis retains Water. It is much better if you begin preparing some of you own foods. Also, you are exercising so I am sure that you are seeing a size change as you are trimming down but not a weight loss. You know what they say about that muscle weighs more then fat crap! I think that you will notice that most of us are all in the same area of weight loss, less a few. It will come off. It helps me to make a food journal for sure. You might be surprised at what you are eating. You could be eating 1800 calories in those 5 meals. Think about it, that is only 350 each.....MOST IMPORTANTLY know that we are here for support and ALL have gone through the same thing. Hang in there!