Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wedding Rings Too Big Already!?!?

Each day I put on my wedding rings I've noticed they are getting a little bigger on my fingers... well I know I have gone down at least a size because I can put my husbands wedding ring on and his is a size smaller than mine. Being that I'm sure my fingers are going to be shrinking fast, I don't want to get them sized too often. Where we got our rings they include unlimited sizing, I just don't want to compromise the rings at all from to much adjusting. Any suggestions on if there is anything out there to help my rings from falling off?? I didn't think this would happen at 5 weeks out, but hey I'm not complaining. I just don't want to look down and see that they have slipped off somewhere LoL. Any tips or suggestions would be helpful :)

I had to move mine to the middle finger. If I show people I'm married and bend down my other fingers they want to fight me for some reason. :huh:

They have little inserts you can put on the backs of your rings to make them a little smaller. Most jewlery stores sell them. Unfortunately this wont be an option for me... My engagement ring is set into my wedding bands so the back of my band is pretty thick. I have never seen them made for rings as thick as mine, but I have seen tehm for all kinds of normal rings, I actually have one for another ring.

I had to move mine to the middle finger. If I show people I'm married and bend down my other fingers they want to fight me for some reason. :huh:

Haha :)

I just took mine off and still need to go get it sized. I keep thinking that i'm going to lose more weight.....:)

I just took mine off and still need to go get it sized. I keep thinking that i'm going to lose more weight..... :)

I'm afraid I am going to have to take mine off if the suggestions don't work. I don't want to have to.. I've only been married about a year so I think I am still very overprotective of my rings LoL. I figure when I have to get them sized maybe I will just do one at a time so I still always have a ring on my finger...

Athletic tape wrapped around the back

Congrats on the weight loss. I know exactly what you're going through. I lost 120 pounds when I had the lapband. I regained most of it which is why I converted to the sleeve and now my rings are slipping once again.

In the past I checked with my jeweler. I unfortunately don't have unlimited sizing so I went to Claire's boutique and got a free ring guard. They basically will keep your wedding and engagement ring in place if you get the double band ring guard.

I didn't want to change my rings simply because I know the cost. I also figured that I'd just wait till I hit my goal weight, or else I'd keep taking the bands in to be resized.

Congrats again!

I used embroidery string on my bf's class ring in high school. Not the most attractive thing, but my ring didn't fall off. Also I'm not getting my engagement resized until I'm stable but I plan on purchasing a nice chain to wear it around my neck just so it's still on me all the time :) and a fairly long chain so I can tuck it in my shirt and keep it close to my heart (sorry for the cliche :P)

I moved mine to the ring finger on my right hand after losing about 70 pounds. They're now very lose on that finger, so I may have to look into the inserts. I really don't want to get them cut and sized down...cuz you lose gold when you do that, and I paid for that gold!!!

Congrats on the weight loss. I know exactly what you're going through. I lost 120 pounds when I had the lapband. I regained most of it which is why I converted to the sleeve and now my rings are slipping once again.

In the past I checked with my jeweler. I unfortunately don't have unlimited sizing so I went to Claire's boutique and got a free ring guard. They basically will keep your wedding and engagement ring in place if you get the double band ring guard.

I didn't want to change my rings simply because I know the cost. I also figured that I'd just wait till I hit my goal weight, or else I'd keep taking the bands in to be resized.

Congrats again!

Thanks :) Its things like this I never even thought of until now LoL.