Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plus sized model on Paris runway

The amount of weight that I hope to eventually have lost with my Lap-Band will be more than the body weight this of poor creature. I truly feel sorry for what our merchandising economy has wrought on our women and it starts with brainwashing the young helpless and most vulnerable girls.

post-208361-13813134195171_thumb.jpg

Why isn't our government raising the same concern about this abuse of women as they are making over the abuse of steroids for (mostly male) athletes??

Well then here is another thought.

Undereating and throwing up is just as much of an eating disorder as compulsive overeating. Yet, anorexic and bulemic girls were welcome on the runway and overweight girls weren't. Now they are turning it around, they are introducing overweight girls to the runway and banning underweight ones.

Do we want 'fat' to be the hype? I don't think it's any better than sickly thin.

IMO they should focus on 'average'. Mix it up, some to be thin, some to be chubby. No extremes necessary.

i think i could EAT the model for lunch! good god! my 9 yo niece is bigger. someday regular-sized men and women will revolt and take over the world! then maybe we will be able to fit into a booth in a restaraunt, airplane seats and clothes that are not looking like a mumu! of course by then we will be skinny! oh well!

Wow. TOM that model is not attractive in any way, IMO and actually looks sickly. If I could look at rib bones without barfing, I would have been a Dr.

Personally, plus sized models that are 14/16 are an insult to me. You can buy sized 14/16 clothes in a regular clothing store and still look similar to how the style is suggested on a skinnier person.

However, at sizes 20 to 28 you are not gonna look like that size 14 "so called plus model" in the same clothes.

I consider a size 14/16 to be "full figured" not plus sized. When I was a 14/16 and when I am again, LOL, you would not/will not see me shopping in a plus sized store. I know my body well and can buy "XL" regular sized clothes that look attractive on me, however I have yet to find actually "plus sized clothing" that doesn't make me look like I am wearing a mumu.

I dont know why Gaultier would show a large woman in underwear, not pretty at all, the skinny model looks even worse just a bag of bones. I agree with the middle of the road, whatever happened to the Marilyn Munroe type, when women had boobs, waist and hips and of course butts. Not many of us will ever look like MM but to me that is more normal than the other two. Besides we were in Paris last year, and the french women are not fat, you have to really look hard to find a chubby one, and that is basically in most parts of Europe