Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain On The Right Side Of Belly Button

I am three weeks out and have been doing great except the last few days I have a pain to the right side (about 4 inches) from my belly button. Has anyone else had this issue? Or something similiar? the pain appears when I move, twist, stretch. if I stay really still it will go away or it will be very dull.

Have you been following any lifting restrictions? Don't want to be lifting anything too heavy too soon.

The discomfort you are feeling sounds familiar. But don't let unknown pain go on too long before checking with your doc.

I did have a little aching pain in approximately the same area when I was in the first month range. I have an incision in that area. Hope you feel better soon :)

Yes it's normal.

You have some internal stitches that are tugging at your internal muscle walls. Do a search on here. You'll find many people with this issue.

Thanks for the info! I have been making sure not to lift anything. I am so glad to hear this is normal, thanks again!

Same issue for me and I was sleeved about 3 weeks ago too (10/3/12). It was terrible the other day but I got out and did a long walk - 1 mile - and it miracously went away - feeling great now! I was told it could be a gas bubble trapped from surgery.

Very familiar! Had similar pain thru my 5th week & on occasion it was so bad I thought I needed to go to the E.R. (I am a nurse & definitely don't have a low pain threshold.)

Went to the surgeon to rule out a herniation, all was normal! Now I am 7 weeks & it is all gone!

I have the same thing of and on. I really noticed it one day I went to take my dog to the vet, came home, went right back out to the video game store, then left there and walked around Meijer grocery shopping for an hour, I figured I had done too much. When I went to bed that night it was gone when I woke up a few hours later to use the bathroom. I think it's normal too :) I also thought it was weird cause I don't have an incision in that area, mine are just above it.

Yep. It was the worst part of the whoole thing. But att five weeks I woke up one day and it was gone. It really sucked while it lasted though. My surgeon said it was a pulled stitch there.

I'm just over 5 weeks an struggle with right side pain off and on. Today it was bad So I even put my binder back on. Probabaly doing too much. Dr told me it happen for no reason to due to the muscles inside. Should go away soon

Thank you SO much for sharing your experiences with this pain. I was getting worried!!

Thanks all for responding to this. Im having pain on my right side as well. It feels like i may be doing too much. I went back to work two weeks after surgery and i try to walk five minutes every hour. Even if i sit at my desk wrong it hurts. It feels like my body woiuld rather be stretched out than sitting in front of a desk. Im sure it will get better.

Went for my 12 day follow-up today. They told me it was the internal stitches in the muscle hurting and give it a couple more weeks.

I was sleeved 2/28/14 and just started experiencing this pain Today. My pain is about an inch to the right of my belly button. It is a piercing pain. I had an umbilical hernia repaired during surgery so it makes sense that the internal stiches are pulling.

I am three weeks out and I've experienced the same pain since day one. It's not a terrible pain, just a dull, nagging pain. It hasn't gotten any worse though. Hang in there, I'm sure it will go away for both of us.

Thanks for the encouragement :)