Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tired Of Protein & Not Ready For Mushy Foods

I start week 4 mushy foods on Thursday but lately I'm noticing I just don't have the urges (head hunger) like I use to for food. I should be elated about this but it kind of concerns me because in general I just don't want food at all. This is a very strange concept for me.

I thought I would be super excited about getting to the mushy foods stage of my diet. Lately I've been less inclined to think about food at all. It's kind of become a chore making sure I get all my Protein in too. In fact, I'm getting pretty bad about it. I do mostly whey Protein powder. I've had a few Oh Yeah shakes and muscle milk drinks but I'm bored and find that I end up drinking crystal light mostly. I tend to not do too much Soup, maybe once a day if possible and about 4 ounces. I just realized I'm not really eating anything of substance. I know the consequences are bad so I'm trying my best! Any suggestions?

The good news: I'm getting 64 oz. of liquid in a day no problem. I am concerned though about progressing to mushy foods. What if I have mushy food/pureed food and then am not about to get all my liquids in? I feel like I'm already starting to regress by not getting in enough Protein.< /p>

I feel the same way... I have no desire to eat, I am sick of Protein Shakes (no matter what flavor) and I am not thisty at all. Its a chore to get the fluids in me. Not sure what to do about it.

Can you have a different type of Protein.. Ones like the fruit flavored Water but its protien. i think New Whey nutirition makes them..

maybe add one of those to Water so you can get both proteing & water? :)

I was thinking of trying that when its my turn...lol

Quit pretending its food and take it like it is medication and just do it.

Isn't it strange how food has become a burden?

What worked for me is planning out my daily food in advance. Since you really don't have cravings anymore set a timer and eat whatever is planned when it goes off.

Well I'm hoping that the mushy foods stage will allow me to at least eat some Protein instead of drink it. It will be some variety.

I've noticed that when I don't plan my meals I end up forgetting to do anything.

Currently my meal plans consist of :

1) Breakfast: 8 oz. instant Soup,

2) snack - 20 oz whey Protein Drink,

3) lunch - sf pudding, 8 oz. Protein Drink

4) snack - Jello or crystal light

5) dinner - campbell's soup

6) snack - Protein drink (if I'm still awake)

I'm making my liquids....I sip on crystal light or Vitamin Water all day, just probably not enough protein. I'm liking the suggestions. These comments are helpful! It's always nice to know others are in the same boat or have suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

I just started mushies after my second go around on liquid Protein and it's so much easier! I had a soft scrambled egg with ketchup (LOL) this morning and a little fish for lunch and I'm at 24g. I will add ten g of Protein Powder to some yogurt later and that's another 15. Likely salmon for dinner and if I need it I have a glass of oveltine with two cups 0 fat milk (17g) and meet my goal. Since you like liquid the oveltine might be a good addition.

I'm shooting for meeting my Protein without protein powder within the next two weeks. I want a more natural diet. but that glass of chocolate milk might end up being my friend for a while as long as my goal is 60 (it goes down to 45/50 after 8 weeks). I actually do struggle with the liquids, but my goal is only 48 oz.