Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Can I Look Forward Too? :)

Hi guys my date is Nov 30 and need some feedback, thank you

Hi guys my date is Nov 30 and need some feedback' date=' thank you[/quote']

Mine is 12/3.. Ill be standing by waiting for responses.. Lol

This entire forum is feedback. :-)

Tsmyle we are only days apart, I'm excited. :)

Look forward to a healthier you. One that has soooo much more energy, and is starting to live life again!

Look forward to these things

1) a rough couple days after surgery.

2) an extremely sucky period of 2 weeks or so of liquid diet post op

Now, for happy things

You can look forward to

1) tying your shoes without holding your breath

2) sitting in a booth at a restaurant

3) people being able to hug you and grasp their own hands behind your back

4) not having to use the handicap potty in public restrooms

5) buying clothes at the thrift store every few weeks because your stupid pants keep falling off :)

6) getting off blood pressure meds

7) bein able to reach and wash all 2000 parts in the shower without the stupid loofa

8) actually feeling like you might possibly be attractive

9) not trying to be a perv, but SKINNY SEX is great.

10) being able to play/run with your(or someone else's) kids

11) much lower grocery bills! (my family's bi-weekly grocery bill went from $200 to $150)

12) getting to be a "cheap date". It's much cheaper to take m wife out now!

13) actually not hating exercise completely. You may not love it, but, at least you won't completely hate it.

14) roller coasters

15) not believing that you "fit" in that.

Honestly, there is so much more, but, this is a good start for you.

Good luck on your journey

Thank you theoldmusicbox!!!! once you start getting scared about the surgery you forget why your doing it and want to chicken out but it is well worth it.

Wow I'm looking forward to all that. The good out weight the bad :)

2013 is my year....SD 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY

Thank you theoldmusicbox!!!! once you start getting scared about the surgery you forget why your doing it and want to chicken out but it is well worth it.

I was 5'6" and 373 pounds on April 1, this year. I was sleeved on June 5. I am currently 238.

The list I put up was just a few of my non scale victories (nsv). I could go on and on. In 2009 I went through the entire 6 month pre op process, then, couldn't go through with it. Finally got back on track this year. My cardiologist said last week, that this surgery saved my life. He said I would have been dead or in open heart surgery in 5 years (I'm 37).

There are risks, and not everyone has the wonderful, zero complication path that I was lucky enough to have. But, for me, I would do it over every day and twice on Sunday.

It's normal to have pre surgery jitters. If they are bad enough, put it off til you're comfortable. But, don't waste years that you could be enjoying, over smal fears. I had 198 pounds to lose. After 5 months, I only have 65 more to lose.

Hope this helps you.

How about this?

Sever gas pain

Hiccups that feel like a knife stabbing you

Acid reflux

Diarrhea

Followed by months of Constipation

Stalls

Gout

Vomitting

Sliming

Bad breath

Head hunger...I mean HEAD HUNGER!!!

It's awful. Run away...run far away.

How about this?

Sever gas pain

Acid reflux

Diarrhea

Stalls

Gout

Vomitting

Sliming

Bad breath

I was just sleeved 10/11/12- also had hiatal hernia surgery at sane time. Was nit really prepared for level of pain I was in, but was released a day early from hospital. Cried day home and next two days from unending gas pain! Walking around house every 2 hours trying to work it out. Little sleep. Low tolerance to Protein powder. Boy did I think and say, what did I do to myself? After a few mini pity parties and a couple of rough days, it was like the sun broke through the clouds this morning! Finally got min. Protein in. Off pain meds-was making me depressed I realized!, taking Tylonol. 85 o/o less gas pain and belching (my family is done with that too! So unladylike and gross, but you can't help it!) Today I focused on how I'm changing my future-how I'll never feel as bad about myself at the beach as I did this past summer. Positive thoughts. Positive words. Focus on eating to live - not living to eat! The post I quoted my have all the negatives listed, everything has pos. and neg. Just keep reading posts, asking questions and listen to your heart. Also search Utube for VSG success stories. Thats what really helped inspire me! good luck whatever you choose!

I was just sleeved 10/11/12- also had hiatal hernia surgery at sane time. Was nit really prepared for level of pain I was in' date=' but was released a day early from hospital. Cried day home and next two days from unending gas pain! Walking around house every 2 hours trying to work it out. Little sleep. Low tolerance to Protein powder. Boy did I think and say, what did I do to myself? After a few mini pity parties and a couple of rough days, it was like the sun broke through the clouds this morning! Finally got min. Protein in. Off pain meds-was making me depressed I realized!, taking Tylonol. 85 o/o less gas pain and belching (my family is done with that too! So unladylike and gross, but you can't help it!) Today I focused on how I'm changing my future-how I'll never feel as bad about myself at the beach as I did this past summer. Positive thoughts. Positive words. Focus on eating to live - not living to eat! The post I quoted my have all the negatives listed, everything has pos. and neg. Just keep reading posts, asking questions and listen to your heart. Also search Utube for VSG success stories. Thats what really helped inspire me! good luck whatever you choose![/quote']

Glad you are feeling better! I had read a couple of your posts over the last few days and felt so bad for you.

And tomorrow will be even better!

How about this?

Sever gas pain

Acid reflux

Diarrhea

Stalls

Gout

Vomitting

Sliming

Bad breath

Hey so you didn't have the surgery???

Hey so you didn't have the surgery???

Funny! Thought the same myself! I would never tell anyone to not do it. Everyone is different in healing, expectations, etc. Information/knowledge is the key. I would not recommend the lap band since I know 2 women, same surgeon as me, who are stll losing-then gaining-then losing! This has been the story of my life! A permanent change like bypass or sleeve was my only options, unless I wanted to stay obese -killing myself slowly one bite, and another poor food choice, at a time!