Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories a day do you eat?

How many calories per day?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How many calories per day?

• Under 800
    • 800-900
    • 900-1000
    • 1000-1100
    • 1100-1200
    • 1200-1300
    • 1300-1400
    • Over 1400

Maricarmen: Looks like your losing well! Let me know how you do with your fill. I see that you had to wait only 1 month to get your fill. My dr makes me wait for 2 months. It's so interesting all the different approaches. Good luck!

Last night, my Dr said to eat 800 a day, 3 meals of 1 cup of food each. The other bandsters that were there were surprised that he said that. they are succeeding, and are eating 1200.

I guess WHAT you eat, whether it's a cup or a half cup, is going to be the biggie. He gave me a list of nutritional guidelines and recommended alot of resources. It may be what everybody else has gotten too, but I'll figure out how to summarize all that stuff and post it.

My doctor didn't give me any caloric guidelines beyond the first couple of weeks. I think his reasoning is that if you follow the dietary guidelines and have good restriction, calorie-counting shouldn't be much of an issue. I haven't had a fill yet and have been staying within 700-800 calories a day since the week after surgery. I've been really pleased with my loss so far, but for the last four days there's been no movement on the scale and in fact I was up .6 pounds two days ago. I know that there is no way a person of 239 pounds could be gaining fat on an 800 calorie-diet, so I'm now wondering if I'm not eating enough. So many people seem to do well on about 1000 calories that I think I'm going to up it to that and see what happens.

I don't really know. I've joined WeightWatchers to help me lose the last 20 pounds. I eat "20 points" per day. The 3-month plateau seems to have been broken. I've lost 6 pounds in the last two weeks.

I am 2 weeks post op and eating 800-1000 calories a day, focusing on getting my Protein grams in. Unfortunately I have not lost one ounce. I don't understand how this can be. Any thoughts?????

Nancy: Not to worry! I did the same thing, in fact, when I weighed at 2 weeks I had gained weight. I was eating about the same calories. You were pumped up with a lot of fluids and air from your surgery. It takes a while to get rid of that. Soon you'll get on the scale and it will show a 6 pound loss. Just keep following the rules. You'll be fine! Good luck!

I eat 1800-2200 calories a day

I eat I know, but I'm a recovering anorexic condition and am working my way up slowly.

If there is a balance between your caloric intake and your activity level, you will maintain your weight. If you eat fewer calories and increase your activity level, you will lose weight. If your caloric intake increases and your activity level does not you will probably gain weight.

I keep to fewer than 20 carbs a day, and I exercise 3 - 4 times a week (weights and cardio). Low-calorie and low-fat make me hungry and cranky, crave sweets, and sport a pot belly that won't go away. Some people do fine on low fat and calorie diets, but they make me sick, shakey, and gain weight.

Pat

Ok you guys have me freaking out!!!!! 800 calories a day?!?!?! I've been tracking my eating and calories and all that, and I eat anywhere from 1200 to 2200 calories a day!!! and that's supposedly my range to let me loose 3 pounds a week!!!! What the heck is going on? I'm pretty tight, but maybe my calorie intake is so much higher because I have so much to loose? I' weighed 341.5 last Thursday at my Dr.'s office and thedailyplate.com is telling me that to loose 3 pounds a week I can have 2,179 a day.....

I never eat that much, unless I go out and splurge or something...oh man, I'm totally worried....I feel so much better than I did a week ago, have been doing great and this fill has been marvelous....but now I'm kinda freaked out and confused!!!! :eek:^_^:eek::confused::eek:

I don't keep track of my calories... but I have been thinking maybe I would keep track for a test week or something, just to get an idea. I've been losing consistently enough since surgery, so I never figured I would track it... but I think starting Monday or heck, maybe tomorrow, I will.

katie 328,

i eat 900 - 1100 calories per day. i have a 10cc band and i just had a fill on wednesday which puts me to 3cc. the doctor and dietician told me that i should stay below 1100 calories a day to lose. i weighed 309 at the time and have followed it pretty close (with a few bad days) and it seems to be working for me. if i eat less than 900 calories it seems that my body rebels and i dont lose. so far at 3cc's i have had to have a Protein shake with 225 calories in it or i dont get above 900, this is with eating sensible of course.