Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories a day do you eat?

How many calories per day?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How many calories per day?

• Under 800
    • 800-900
    • 900-1000
    • 1000-1100
    • 1100-1200
    • 1200-1300
    • 1300-1400
    • Over 1400

Hi everyone.Im 4 days pre-op and i stick to about 800cal a day now.Not liking Optifast very much but i dont want to jeopardise my chance for my banding.Cant wait to have the lb done!!!

I am 5 days out and am consuming about 1200 cal. That is of course counting my 81 grams of protien drink in the morning(first to get it out of the way)....I do log everything! Been just couching it and have lost a pound a day easy-peasy. I know I will hit platues(spelling?) I'll fight that demon when I get there!

Maybe a little more than a pound a day, but I'm sure a lot of it was Water, and I had no preop diet!

So I've upped my calories from 650-750 a day to 850-950, depending on my activity level (I eat less on my 'sculpt' days) and the weight has been coming off. I definitely think it's important to up your calories when you start more intense exercise. I'd love to do P90X, so I'm sure I'll be upping even more soon enough.

Thanks to neveragain and bambam for your wisdom/smarts with this sort of stuff!

I am now 3 weeks out, and of course I started walking! Just about 30 min a day. Then because the hunger came on like a hurricane, I had to add fish, it's the only thing that fills me and keeps my hunger "at bay". I've had a few days where I went over, but always the next day back on track. I would say about once a week. I have lost 25 pounds since surgery. No complaints here! I think the exercise helps.....I subtract that from my daily calories in my food log, so I am eating between 900 and 1200 plus 250 cal. I sutract for my walking!

All for now,

Kelly:biggrin:

I love to eat. I m having around 2000 calories a day.

Are you loosing weight, and are you exercising? 2000 seems like alot.

I'm currently tracking intake/export right now to keep my goals on track and my average calorie intake for the last month is 2,873 per day, with an average energy deficit of 370 calories. But by cycling my calories I have targeted surplus periods/days. I had one day that was even over 4,000 calories.

scale is stable to very slowly decreasing. Body fat percentage steadily decreasing, so I'm likely adding very small amounts of lean muscle tissue.

So long as you're exercising sufficiently you can eat very well. If you aren't exercising sufficiently, then you have bigger problems than how much you're eating.....

Brad

I'm currently tracking intake/export right now to keep my goals on track and my average calorie intake for the last month is 2,873 per day, with an average energy deficit of 370 calories. But by cycling my calories I have targeted surplus periods/days. I had one day that was even over 4,000 calories.

scale is stable to very slowly decreasing. Body fat percentage steadily decreasing, so I'm likely adding very small amounts of lean muscle tissue.

So long as you're exercising sufficiently you can eat very well. If you aren't exercising sufficiently, then you have bigger problems than how much you're eating.....

Brad

How much exercise do you do?

During my primary fat loss I was burning 3500+ every week from moderate to intense cardio, with minor amount of strength training.

I'm now working on slightly lowering body fat and improving strength. So my major focus is on strength training, with a much less amount of cardio. I'm now in the 1500 - 2600 per week burnt from exercise.

These are calculations from my Polar FT60 HRM.

Brad

I am 5'3, 210 lbs and 22 y/o.

I am supposed to eat 1350 a day and usually end up between 1300-1500 with more on days I exercise.

I really want to try sticking to 1350 though!

Im week 3 post op having 1000 cals and not losing an oz :drool: is this right?? am i having too much ? any advice would be great thanks guys :)

I get about 1200 a day. I found when I starting running more and started more weight toning I just didn't have any energy on less than 1200/day. I also developed some nutritional deficiencies even on mega doses of Multivitamins. I also found I was hungry allot more, real hunger not emotional hunger.

I use the sparkpeople app on my ipod and it also syncs online at www.sparkpeople.com. It keeps a food diary and records my calories burned.:wink2: