Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had the "sugar" issues since the beginning. But over time I came to realize it may or may not be sugar. I really can't pinpoint what the trigger is. I would find something I could eat, then eat just that. Eventually that would do the same thing. The last week or so I can't find anything that will stay down. I just eat what is the best for my body and hope a little wont come back up. That is why I am on here looking for help, a dr would be better but it is Sunday before New Years so that isn't an option. Except an ER and that is a 50/50 thing. So upping any kind of food is not really an option. I can only drink unsweetened tea and Water. Both of those have turned on me now too.

As for blood work the answer is no. The dr I used doesn't do that. I went back a year ago because I thought this cant be right, he did blood work and said I was fine. I have determined he is more about the $$ than the patient after surgery. My ins was even billed 10k for some dr I never heard of to assist.

The assist was prob during the surgery. The whole billing thing is crazy!

I don't know what to advise you to do.... It sounds like you may have a stricture. Do you know how to do a search on here? You'll find lots of info and others peoples experience. I agree w you that an ER doc is a 50/50 crapshot, but maybe that's the place to start? Maybe from there you can be pointed in the right direction?

No. I don't know anything about this site yet. I have never heard of a stricture but it gives me a place to start. At this point my blood work can't be normal so maybe an ER would be of some help if I can't get into a gastro dr. Thanks for the info.

Just read about the stricture. Don't think that is it. I forgot to add I break out in clammy cold sweat before about the time my stomach goes sour. And over the last two years there has been things that stay down. The food comes up because my stomach goes sour, not because I am too full.

Hmmm....ok. Weird. It's like your stomach is rebelling.

Usually you'd get lots of responses on here. The board is pretty quiet this weekend. Hang in there. People will help when they come back.

I do think maybe an ER visit might be smart. Like you said, at least to do blood work. Have you been able to tolerate your Vitamins, Iron & B12? If not, you could also be anemic or lack other essential nutrients. That would play a big factor in your fatigue.

Do you take a stomach reducer? I'm wondering if that might help. Or if you've been dealing w this so long that now you have ulcers? I do think that you should seek medical attention as soon as you can.

Glad Starlite is better. Worried about Lana. Keep us posted. Prayers.

Glad Starlite is better. Worried about Lana. Keep us posted. Prayers.

Gosh, sorry Starlite! I was so focused on Lana i didn't realize this was 'your' thread!! YES! I am so glad that you are better!!

No. I don't know anything about this site yet. I have never heard of a stricture but it gives me a place to start. At this point my blood work can't be normal so maybe an ER would be of some help if I can't get into a gastro dr. Thanks for the info.

Your bariatric doc should have an answering service and an "on call" doc for emergencies who will meet you at the ER if you are having an emergency. If you can't keep anything down, even Water, that's an emergency. I would call and tell them what's happening and see what they suggest. If you don't drink Water you could have serious dehydration issues, which would not be good for you. Call your bariatric docs office.

Lana, It almost sounds like you have dumping syndrome that is only really supposed to happen to RNY patients. Whatever the case, you sound like you are in a crisis and need to get to the ER.

Keep us posted.

***UPDATE***

Soooo after another trip to the hospital and an 8 day stay' date=' I'm finally home, with a picc line and on TPN, I'm hooked to it now for just 12 hrs, but started at 20 hrs. Dr. Found that the problem was the blood clot, which apparently had been there for some time, and it damaged my liver. But thank God almighty the blot clot has opened and the liver is recuperating. The sour stomach/vomiting was because of that. I no longer regret my sleeve, now I am thankful, is it wasn't for the surgery I would have never known about the clot, I could have had my liver completely shut down, I could have died. I'm back on track, I'm getting better and best of all I'm smiling again.[/quote']

I'm glad to see that your feeling better!!

Starlie I am sorry I hijacked your thread, you seemed to have the same issues that I have that are undiagnosed and I was looking for information. I will open a new thread to help with my issues. I have a gastroentologist appointment on Wed. I am sorry you went through everything you did, I am glad you have resolution. I am new to the thread even though I am 2 years post op.

Lana don't wait until Wed if things aren't improving or you are dehydrated. Do you know which local hospital does most of the bariatric surgeries? The ER doctor will often consult one of them if it is related. But there are many non Gastrointestinal reasons for vomiting including pancreatitis, kidney disease, diabetes, and liver issues to name a few. You may need to go to get hydrated and basic bloodwork started. Then when you go to your appointment Wed the doctor will know more. Otherwise it will be a consultation and off for bloodwork and X-rays before he/she can tell you what he/she thinks it is.

I believe in not having regrets. Don't regret not seeking treatment sooner.

Update status?

Sorry everyone that was helping me along. I had to go back to work which is a very long and busy day. I did start feeling better and keeping things down. I still went to a Gastroentologist. I was so not impressed when they sent in the newbie after I specifically put I didn't want that. I was really not impressed when she told me that my "sleeve" would need adjusted! What kind of Dr will she be if she doesn't even keep up with the procedures in her field! Anyway, the doc scheduled me for another EGD on 1/8, not sure I am going to be able to drink two bottles of barium but I want a thorough test so I am going to try. Then I have a cat scan of my stomach on 1/11. Hopefully they can figure out what is going on. I have two scrips now. One is an anti-biotic in case I have some sort of infection in my stomach and the other is to slow the production on stomach acid. Not sure I have seen a difference yet, but I am going to stay with it.

I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for your advice.