Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 9/24 Going Thru It What Did I Do (Regrets)

i was sleeved at barix clinic on Monday im going threw it im in pain im tired and im HUNGRY i have been dreaming about chicken i have a headache im so hungry i just want to eat when i sit down in a chair i begin to sweat and get light headed i cant eat until wed im so sick :( of broth and Popsicles i wonder did i make the right choice im miserable i miss food...am i being selfish or sound crazy i just don't know

this too will pass, my first 3 or 4 post op were very difficult and I had some thoughts of "WTF did I do" but it does get better, I promise. Occasionally I long for something yummy, I think this is called head hunger. Have your tried a protien shake yet, if it is too thick just add more Water. That may help with the lightheartedness. Hang in there.

Only had to do broth the last day in the hospital, then 2 weeks of Protein Drinks, and such, followed by 2 weeks of pureed food and then real food introduced.

Try making sugar free Jello and using extra Water so it does not jell, it will be a different taste and may help.

Your hunger is not your body it is your head. What I say is you kind of have to divorce food, you are going through the mourning stage. There is no turning back, take control and follow your diet plan to a tee. You don't want to injur your new tiny tummy. Hang in there every day will get better, and remember to sip, sip, sip your Water.< /p>

In my case, the regret--What have I done? This is permanent. I want to go back.--was very short lived, one to three days max. Hang in there. Soon you will be eating real food and, once the results of the surgery kick in and you are in the new routine, you will be fine.

I was sleeved on 9/25. I agree with what others have said. You kind of have to mourn your life with food as you know it. It's not that you won't be able to have what you loved, just much less of it. But on day one of my pre op liquid diet, I thought about food ALL day. I was missing the life I had, but also knew it brought me no good. Hang in there, you can do it!

Girl you just wait, when you start dropping those pounds and looking sexy, you won't think about all that food near as much!

9/24 here too. Hang in there. the food desires are ridiculous aren't they? I was crying earlier because I wanted to drink something that tasted good. It will get better.

I am thinking of all you new sleevers.I actually sat and watched cooking programs day and night for 2 weeks (with head phones no less) thinking that I had ruined my own life but resigned to my fate (seeing as I had done it to myself..lol)

And then all of a sudden I started feel like living again...

Just relax a lot,rest,dont think about much at all,sip,sip sip...be nice to yourselves and know it will get better,even if it feels impossible now!

xxo

I was sleeved on the 24th too. One trick I have is take chichen noodle Soup and strain off the noodles and stunn. Believe mi, it tastes much better than just broth. The popsicles are really a good idea! Hang in there, we will both make it!!!

hang in there. I was sleeved on Oct. 20 2011 and have lost 100lbs. I was wearing size 20 and stretching those and weighed 260. Now I wear size 8-10 and weigh 160. First time in our marriage that I have weighed less than my husband. I love the way I look in the mirror now but still feel like I am the same size until someone stops me at work and comments on how great I look. Physically I feel GREAT. Nothing hurts anymore. Little things like being able to cross my legs now when I sit down feels good. I feel sick when I look back at pictures of me in the past and see how fat I looked. I just didn't realize how I looked and how it affected how I lived and worked. I feel so much younger now. I'm 53 but was feeling much older when I was heavy.

What I found easiest to use is Total Lean Meal Replacement shakes from GNC. They come in bottles ready to drink so no mixing. Tastes like chocolate milk to me. I also like their unflavored Protein powder that I add to yogurt for a snack and to my luxury item (mocha frappe's from McDonalds). I also eat the weight watcher (Smart Ones) frozen meals for lunch and then some kind of meat for dinner. I take my multi Vitamin, vit. D, B complex, vit. B12 daily. I try to drink 1-2 of the shakes per day and I also fill in when hungry with South Beach Meal Bars or Snacks. You will eventually get to the point where you can have a bite or two of what you used to love along with the above and be satisfied.

Be strong and have patience. It will get better and before long you will be where you want to be.

I also was sleeved on Monday. I have noticed that when I get lightheaded I need fluids. I drink and I feel better. Are you gettin enuf fluids in? Tomorrow starts full liquids for me. I am excited for cream Soup and I also hungry. Lol. I will not be able to eat purée for another 2 wks. My surgeon told me that if I get tired I need to drink. The pain I can't say to much about. I have really had no pain. The incision where the stomach was pulled out of is where I have what little pain I do have. Let's try to stay focused on the end result. Ur pain and hunger will pass. Keep us posted. If needed we can be sleeve buddies. Wishing u a great recovery.

i was sleeved at barix clinic on Monday im going threw it im in pain im tired and im HUNGRY i have been dreaming about chicken i have a headache im so hungry i just want to eat when i sit down in a chair i begin to sweat and get light headed i cant eat until wed im so sick :( of broth and Popsicles i wonder did i make the right choice im miserable i miss food...am i being selfish or sound crazy i just don't know

Hey how are doing today?