Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery with Terry Simpson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have really enjoyed and appriciated all the inspirational testimonials given by all you lap band succesors! It is clear that this is the forum to come to with questions about surgery. My question's are: Has anyone in Arizona had the lap band surgery with Dr. Terry Simpson? If so, how was the overall experience? The pre-op and post-op care? The seminars, were they educational? Did Dr. Simpson answer all your questions? Also, my insurance company does not cover the surgery so did anyone finance the surgery? If so, what was covered and for how much? I know these are a lot of questions to ask but I'm in the investigating stage right now as this is a decision that can't be made lightly. I know I'm a candidate and am looking forward to getting the ball rolling just want to make sure I make the right decision. Thank you all in advance for any response and hope to hear from you soon........

Mainline

Mainline, Sorry I can't answer any of your questions. I didn't have him but I have heard many great things about Dr. Simpson.

I just wanted to say Welcome to LBT!!!

:welcomeB: :cheer2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :cheer2: :welcomeB:

I have surgery scheduled on the 18th with Dr. Simpson. When I went for the consult he took his time with me, answered my questions and was in general very nice. In the paperwork is his personal email. He answers them from his blackberry himself, not the staff.

I really like Christine and Darcy also. Both are very nice. They suggest Wells Fargo for the financing, but I did not go through them. I went through APF (advanced patient financing) because of low credit scores.

I will be going to the class on the 14th. This is the one that is required prior to surgery. I did talk to the PA at my primary doctor's office and she said that she has heard only great things about Dr. Simpson.

Keep us posted on what you think please.

Hi Julie, I will be attending that same pre-op "training" class! I am going to be banded on October 23 by Dr. Terry Simpson. I am so excited.

Mainline ~ He and his staff have been fantastic to me, and very thorough with my paperwork and answering any questions. Also, Dr. Simpson got back with me the SAME DAY on his blackberry when I emailed him about medical questions.

I think you will LOVE Dr. Simpson. I have talked to alot of his patients and they are really lovin life with his aftercare program. You aren't worked on and then forgotten, he has a very extensive after program. You can talk with his patients on his website message board at www.drsimpson.com. You can also look up his "stats" on www.obesityhelp.com.

I hope I've been helpful. Great to meet you. Julie, I will be seeing you on Saturday!!:)

Mrs_Christy,

What part of town do you live in, if you are in Phoenix? I am in North Central. I am in North Central. My band is just a few days before yours!

Dr. Simpson was teasing me because I carry a Blackberry for work and while I was waiting for my appointment he said that I look like him on the Blackberry.

Another website for him is www.drsimpson.net He said that he prefers this one because he could put more of the graphics in it.

See you Saturday! Save me a seat or I will save you one if I get there first.

I actually live in a small town in Northwestern AZ called Bagdad. So, for me, this is a 2 hour drive. My brother lives in Scottsdale and I'm staying the night with him and then going to the class in the morning.

My blackberry days are over thankfully, but after I finish college I guarantee that is back on...ugh. I tell ya, sometimes technology is too much. There are days I'd rather nobody know how to get in touch with me hahaha!

I'll definately save you a seat...of course I have no clue what you look like LOL! But hey...you have that advantage on me then! I will see you Saturday!

Yay, I see ya. Hopefully we'll recognize each other! :high5: It's going to be great to have a "band-buddy" to compare and support. Do you have an angel yet? I think Joyce has been trying to hook me up to a lady in Prescott, but that lady has never called or emailed or anything. I figured my angel would be more active in my process. :cry

Oh well, I'm over it. LOL. So tell me how you heard about the band, what interested you in Dr. Simpson, and what your goals are. Do you have a profile on obesityhelp.com? Let me know!

Mainline~Dr. Simpson's seminars are extremely helpful. He also has lunch dates etc. with his support group people. I will let you know about the pre-op teaching class. His before and after-care is top of the line according to all his patients I have spoken to. They really love him. And his office pet Diego is such a sweet little thing, definately moral support LOL. Come join us on his message board, or just lurk and watch us talk, you may get alot out of it or pick up a few people to speak to personally!

The seminar is at 9am. WHAT!!!!!!! I thought your date was the 23rd? Its the 18th???? Holy hell I am totally excited for you. Wishing mine was only 5 days away, I have 10 more days...seems soooo far away hahaha!:faint: See you tommorrow!:hug:

The meeting is at his office. 19th and Bethany area. I will pm you my cell number, call if you need directions or anything.