Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Hungary More Often

I'm 3 months out and today I was feeling a lot Hungary then usual is this normal? Did my sleeve grow larger? I would feel full not over eating but full (satisfied) about 30 minutes later I'm Hungary again.what to do?

I'm also interested in this topic, I'm 5 weeks out and I am hungry every 2-3 hours, sometimes even a half an hour later! I'm nervous that the sleeve will grow so soon in the game! Eeek!

I remember being hungry every 2-3 hours beginning when I was about 1 month out. I asked my NUT about it and she said it was ok to eat smaller meals every 2-3 hours; I wouldn't be hurting anything cause my stomach can only hold so much before i felt extremely full anyways. Seemed like that was a phase that lasted about a month or so for me...it does pass.

It's normal to feel hungry. Try eating small meals every 2-3 hours. Make sure y,ou are waiting 30 minutes after meals to drink. This will make ou seem fuller. Also try an acid reducer atleast once a day to help with head hunger. Try an RTD Protein Shake in the afternoon. They are filling and will add to your Protein intake.

I have some Protein every 3 hours, even if it's a small Protein shake. Keeps me from getting real hungry and binging. Just spread your calories out more and eat smaller meals. Nothing wrong with that.

But having said that, we all have those day were we are more hungry than usual. And yes, your appetite may increase some at this point. Mine did, but I didn't increase my calories. I just focused more on dense Protein.< /p>

It's normal to feel hungry. Try eating small meals every 2-3 hours. Make sure y,ou are waiting 30 minutes after meals to drink. This will make ou seem fuller. Also try an acid reducer atleast once a day to help with head hunger. Try an RTD Protein shake in the afternoon. They are filling and will add to your Protein intake.

Hey, still new with my sleeve, my dr has me eating a Breakfast, lunch and dinner with 2 Snacks. Still on full liquids so I know things will change but how is eating throughout the day different from the term grazing? Is it that you are deliberate in what and when you eat? Thanks!

I'm 2 weeks post-surgery and have been feeling hunger for the past couple of days too. I'm taking an acid reducer daily. I'm still on liquids only of course and am relying on Isopure Zero Carb for most of my Protein (40 grams/20 oz bottle), having 3-4 1/2 cup servings of either Soup or protein shake/day.

Will the feelings of hunger pass? It's pretty disheartening.

Thanks all!

Hey' date=' still new with my sleeve, my dr has me eating a Breakfast, lunch and dinner with 2 Snacks. Still on full liquids so I know things will change but how is eating throughout the day different from the term grazing? Is it that you are deliberate in what and when you eat? Thanks![/quote']

Yes, several small planned meals is not grazing. Grazing is snacking all day when you don't need it. What's being talked about here is taking your daily calorie allotment and dividing it into 5 or 6 small meals, with each meal being centered around Protein.

I'm 2 weeks post-surgery and have been feeling hunger for the past couple of days too. I'm taking an acid reducer daily. I'm still on liquids only of course and am relying on Isopure Zero Carb for most of my Protein (40 grams/20 oz bottle)' date=' having 3-4 1/2 cup servings of either Soup or Protein shake/day.

Will the feelings of hunger pass? It's pretty disheartening.[/quote']

At 2 weeks hunger is perfectly normal. Often times its head hunger. Once you start eating solid foods again it will get much better.

So what, exactly, is head-hunger vs. normal hunger? My stomach has the same hunger feelings it had pre-surgery so I'm not really sure what the difference is...... I understand the feelings of craving the taste, texture, etc. of "real" food, but what I'm feeling isn't that as much as it is "hunger pains." I'm currently drinking at least 60 oz/day, intake is at least 50 gr of protein/day, I have a planned breakfast, lunch and dinner with a Protein "power-up" twice a day. I've been religious about following the rules starting with the 2-week pre-surgery liquid diet, but this feeling of being hungry is getting to me!

I really just want reassurance that it will go away eventually as I would hate to think that I'll have this feeling for many more months........

I have the opposite problem. I am 2 months out and I have never felt hunger once since surgery. I have to set alarms just to remind myself to eat. Is that bad?

So what' date=' exactly, is head-hunger vs. normal hunger? My stomach has the same hunger feelings it had pre-surgery so I'm not really sure what the difference is...... I understand the feelings of craving the taste, texture, etc. of "real" food, but what I'm feeling isn't that as much as it is "hunger pains." I'm currently drinking at least 60 oz/day, intake is at least 50 gr of protein/day, I have a planned breakfast, lunch and dinner with a Protein "power-up" twice a day. I've been religious about following the rules starting with the 2-week pre-surgery liquid diet, but this feeling of being hungry is getting to me!

I really just want reassurance that it will go away eventually as I would hate to think that I'll have this feeling for many more months........[/quote']

What is a Protein power up? If it's a Protein Bar or shake , you might consider replacing it with some solid food.

From reading this thread, I am obviously not the only one having hunger pains. I am 7 days out from surgery. I drink Water when I get hunger pains between meals and sometimes that helps. I truly hope this constant nagging by my stomach does go away at some point. It's a terrible feeling.