Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi to everyone ,, i'm a new member and my VSA after 2 days( Tuseday) ????

And iam warry about it

Plz any quick advise

Welcome! You are having surgery? Or already had it?

Welcome!! Good luck with your surgery, everything will be fine!! :)

it's okay to be nervous. :) i'm sure everything will go well for you!

my advice would be to pray! couldn't hurt! lol :)

And iam warry about it-Plz any quick advise

welcome to the group Sami2211

sounds like you are having surgery in 2 days, is that correct? if this is the case - your feelings are normal and understandable - everyone gets nervous before surgery -

take a bunch of deep breathes

don't know if you've ever had surgery before - people are usually most concerned about the anesthesia - its easy to say things will be fine - but i truly believe they will be

sounds like you are pre-op, so try not to be nervous, easier said than done - and when you come home - drink all that Water - you don't want to get dehydrated, rest - but walk too

i hope you have a nutritionist who can help you with what to eat, especially this early in the game

look ahead at the wonderful journey you are starting with the sleeve - your health and happiness will improve

glad you found this board

take care,

write back with more details and more questions - someone is usually here with information to help you

good luck

Thank you all for supporting me...

My surgry after 2 days that will be on 18/09/2012

Im really nervious beacuse i have two wounderfull kids so i am afraid they won't see me agine

I prayied to god to not loose them

frustrated

Sam

Sami, it's normal to be worried. The percentage of complications is so small. The percentage of complications due to obesity are great. I for one actually freak out in the pre-op suite, right before they wheel me in. My heart races i become nauseous ans sweaty. I have learned to ask for a valium from the anesthesiologist to keep from running away.

bmi.png

I'm also pre op what your feeling is completely understandable. Best of luck on your journey!!

I am also pre-op my date is 9/19/2012. I am not nervous because I know all will be ok. I am more afraid of the obesity and it's complications if I don't have the sleeve done. I have prayed, and prayed some more and I am cool calm and collected and at peace with my decision. Good luck to you.

New me, new you... blessings

I am currently 10 days post op. My best advice would be to just WALK as much as possible and stay hydrated. That helped me so much. I feel like I have had a fairly quick recovery. Now I am just trying to get used to my new stomach. I am assuming that today is your surgery date as this was posted 2 days. Best of luck to you :) See you on the flip side.

Owwwww please help me

I have done my surgery in this early morning

Feel my prasure on my chest

What i have done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Sami, it will get better.

The first days are hard but walking helps the pain in your chest.

Take some pain medicine and try to walk with someone helping you.

Congratulations.

You will feel better in about 3 to 4 days!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches