Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bring On The Lactose Intolerance!

No dont get me wrong I certainly do not want to wish sickness on myself. I am only kidding....kinda. I just find myself wishing for every possible advantage with my sleeve. I'm being sleeved in November and I read so my post ops that said they can't eat dairy, cheeses, or ICE CREAM because they make me sick, and I find myself thinking...I hope that's me. I can't even go into a fast food resturant because the smell makes me sick.....I hope that's me. I can't eat any sweets because they are way to sweet now.....I hope that's me. I'm not hungry at all......I.hope that's me. My tastes changed after surgery and I don't crave the things I used to anymore....I hope that's me. I'm not crazy and I am not wishing to be sick all the time but I love food! I look to cook! That's how I got this way and I want every advantage of this tools to help me not sabotage myself. Am I alone? Did any if you postopers feel this way before? How is your hunger Nd cravings now? I just wonder how may of your tastes changed after surgery?

I used to love milk pre op. I can drink milk but since its so high in carbs I just dont at all anymore, I did drink it once but the viscosity is thick and my tastebuds changed so I dont care for it as much. I use it to cook with though. Cheeses are fine in fact I eat cheese alot. I dont really have a problem with any dairy now that I think about it. But this is the thing that kicks my butt with ice cream. The Sugar. Sugar gives me a buzz like taking speed so I try and stay away from it lol.

Oh and to answer your question as a whole. It will be you. Why? Because your in control now, not your gut. Thats the amazing thing. You can shut it down without your body going into a fit. Let me put it like this. I can wake up and be I "should" eat something but choose not to eat anything. This puts you in total control. And for the women that get hungry, I have found out why. B12 is an appetite stimulator and by regaining your carb addiction. Once you realize that your starting to be hungry again you start the Divas Bootcamp and rebreak the carb habit and your hunger will go back down.

I only write this because I manipulate my program so much and adjust everything to see how my body reacts to different situations. I love to test myself and the more you know how your body reacts to different things the better off you will be in the long run. Its an adventure. Good luck because its a ride but in the end its the best one of your life.

You really shouldn’t wish all the problems on yourself, honestly I think you wish that so you don’t have to take control.

Its not that YOU want to be able to say no thank you I will not eat/drink/try that you want to try it and have a adverse reaction to it so it’s out of your control and if you do happen to eat ice cream you will be sick and it won’t stay in your system.

As someone who is lactose intolerant both pre op and post op I can tell ya that your not always sick when you have that, I get extreme pain so I can eat or drink it if I want but its extremely painful if I do unless its lactose free.

The sleeve is a tool not the magic switch it really wont stop you eating or drinking things you shouldn’t you may react to it for a while but it won’t stop you, YOU have to stop you and if you don’t and keep on eating or drinking things you shouldn’t to test it or because you puke it out 5mins later you won’t reach goal and to be frank this I would never normally say to anyone but I think you need to think hard about this, if you keep on eating and drinking what you shouldn’t and hope your sick getting weight loss surgery is a waste of time.

In the normal non op world eating something and puking it out is an eating disorder don’t have your sleeve be the tool to a eating disorder.

You really shouldn’t wish all the problems on yourself' date=' honestly I think you wish that so you don’t have to take control.

Its not that YOU want to be able to say no thank you I will not eat/drink/try that you want to try it and have a adverse reaction to it so it’s out of your control and if you do happen to eat ice cream you will be sick and it won’t stay in your system.

As someone who is lactose intolerant both pre op and post op I can tell ya that your not always sick when you have that, I get extreme pain so I can eat or drink it if I want but its extremely painful if I do unless its lactose free.

The sleeve is a tool not the magic switch it really wont stop you eating or drinking things you shouldn’t you may react to it for a while but it won’t stop you, YOU have to stop you and if you don’t and keep on eating or drinking things you shouldn’t to test it or because you puke it out 5mins later you won’t reach goal and to be frank this I would never normally say to anyone but I think you need to think hard about this, if you keep on eating and drinking what you shouldn’t and hope your sick getting weight loss surgery is a waste of time.

In the normal non op world eating something and puking it out is an eating disorder don’t have your sleeve be the tool to a eating disorder.[/quote']

I think you u taking it the wrong way. I of course would not wish sickness on myself and definitely know I have to make the right choices and I am very willing to do that. I k.ow this isn't going to be an easy way out. I just in a kidding way meant that I hope I am not always craving and wanting the rest if my life feeling deprived of something. I wanted to see how many peoples cravings really change after surgery. I hope to be one of the people that can take or leave certain things so that I do always wish I could have this or that, because like many of us if I could always make the right choice all the time I wouldnt be where I am now needed the surgery to help me.

You said you don’t but you also say your joking……kinda which means you half mean it so you do half wish it.

That was also my point your saying you hope you don’t crave things and feel like you are depriving your self, it’s not the op that does that the sleeve really doesn’t control cravings and what you want to eat.

Yes taste buds can change yes what the sleeve tolerates at the start is different but if you read further out people they can pretty much eat anything.

Only you can control your cravings its mental you can’t cross your fingers and hope the seelve cures you of that because it won’t.

I want Chinese food every time I go swimming no idea why never want it any other time just right near the end of my swimming session suddenly I want chow mien and friend rice, don’t get it not even a bite but I crave it, not my stomach my head.

The sleeve controls portion size it doesn’t control what you put in it or how often so just think about that.

You can have a taste of things you crave if you can stop at a taste so you don’t need to deprive yourself of anything if you don’t wish too.

Just don’t get into the mindset that the sleeve is magic and will cure any issues you may have with food or that it magically teleports junk food or fatty food out of you if you choose to eat it because it won’t.

I think u are trying to be helpful but you seem to be blowing this out of proportion. I was trying to be funny and get some opinions but I guess I should have just asked the question and left out the rest. I do understand very well want is in front of me I am a operating room nurse so I know there isn't going to be a magic wand waved over me. But everyone is very different and I wanted to hear what others have experienced.

I think u are trying to be helpful but you seem to be blowing this out of proportion. I was trying to be funny and get some opinions but I guess I should have just asked the question and left out the rest. I do understand very well want is in front of me I am a operating room nurse so I know there isn't going to be a magic wand waved over me. But everyone is very different and I wanted to hear what others have experienced.

I completely get what you said.. I think some people are sooo quick to judge they don't get the humor in anything!! I'm right there with ya!!

I completely get what you said.. I think some people are sooo quick to judge they don't get the humor in anything!! I'm right there with ya!!

Thank you!!!! I was starting to feel a little misunderstood...lol!