Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Diet

M on day 3 of my PRE-op diet and I just cheated and had 12 olives. I feel like I'm starving and I'm exhausted all the time. Is tat normal? Surgery is 9/25. I'm going to need some strength!

Force yourself to drink Protein Shakes. It isn't easy but if you want it...you can do it. I kept telling myself...just get to surgery, just get to surgery...Basically I have been on liquids for 19 days now (no eating until my 1 week follow up and I can't get there until tomorrow...)

Wishing you all the luck. I was down 20 lbs by surgery! That made an easier surgery and recovery for sure.

M on day 3 of my PRE-op diet and I just cheated and had 12 olives. I feel like I'm starving and I'm exhausted all the time. Is tat normal? Surgery is 9/25. I'm going to need some strength!

I'm on day 5 and I would kill for something to chew! :) So here I sit with a sugar free popsicle. How many shakes are you having? I am doing Bariatric Advantage and can have 4-5 per day. I have only been having 3-4 and the other day froze one and - that was pretty good. Today I added a banana and Peanut Butter to my chocolate 'diner' shake - it was good but this is still hard!

I'm having 3 Protein Shakes a day! They have me eating every two hours. I start with 6 oz of yogurt, then a sf pudding, then 8 oz of Gatorade, then Protein Shake, then fruit chiller, then Jello, then Protein shake, then pudding. I'm using Unjury protein shakes. Maybe I should be drinking more Water. I'm down 4 lbs in 3 days but I'm struggling already. Could be a mind thing. I will focus on Surgery. 12 more days.

I'm able to have only those items, Water, tea w/sugar substitute and I added broth (low sodium) today. That helped with the hunger. Still tired though!

I'm also hungry, weak and tired feeling. I'm on day 4. I'm having 4 Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes a day. I'm eating probably 10 sugar free popsicles a day. What's worse is having to cook for others and sit there while they eat. When do we get used to this?

I'm also hungry, weak and tired feeling. I'm on day 4. I'm having 4 Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes a day. I'm eating probably 10 sugar free popsicles a day. What's worse is having to cook for others and sit there while they eat. When do we get used to this?

That really is the worst! I just keep focusing on 3-4 weeks from now when i can eat pureed stuff. Man is that going to be good. But today is a really hard day. Not sure if it's because I am not at work but I am a little dizzy and really really want to eat something.

I think possibly, it could be that those of us who are a little diabetic are experiencing lowered blood sugar levels that while more normal, are low for us. I don't have really high blood sugar ever, my A1C is just a little above what is normal. I'm guessing some of us are experiencing 85 or 90 blood sugars and we aren't used to it. Our bodies are experiencing "low blood sugar" or what our bodies see as low blood sugar. After all my blood sugar usually stays between 110-125 and then goes up after a meal depending on the type of meal. After Mexican food I've had 179. I would imagine Bariatric Advantage doesn't raise it much from no food.

Good point about the low blood sugar! Last lab work I was told by my PCP that she wasn't going to do anything about the A1C because I was having the Surgery in a month since the surgery will help fix that. I'm glad I don't have to fix meals for others. That would be really hard.

I'm staying busy today since I'm not at work to not want food. I'm off to clean the kitchen now. ;-). I hope to have the house spotless before my surgery on 9/25.

I'm also hungry' date=' weak and tired feeling. I'm on day 4. I'm having 4 Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes a day. I'm eating probably 10 sugar free popsicles a day. What's worse is having to cook for others and sit there while they eat. When do we get used to this?[/quote']

Yes I have that problem also! I have 3 boys and a husband to cook for and its soo hard to watch them eat or to even cook the food for them and not even taste it a little bit lol

Good point about the low blood sugar! Last lab work I was told by my PCP that she wasn't going to do anything about the A1C because I was having the Surgery in a month since the surgery will help fix that. I'm glad I don't have to fix meals for others. That would be really hard.

I'm staying busy today since I'm not at work to not want food. I'm off to clean the kitchen now. ;-). I hope to have the house spotless before my surgery on 9/25.

Hello bbtwin, I'm having surgery the same day you are. I have a shake for Breakfast and lunchand then a sensible dinner. I go in tomorrow for pre op testing and admitting. I'm just ready to get it over.

Hi iPrincess. My PRE-op is tomorrow also. I'm ready for it to be done also. The anxiousness is getting to me now. Yet, I'm so excited about this new chapter in my life.

Yes very anxious. I have little kids and a hb that I have to cook for. I try to make sure it's something I can eat for dinner. I have learned to love Popsicles especially the sf tropical ones. I ran out and have to get more. I drink the unsalted chicken and beef broth because of hbp I mix both together and that taste better. Next Monday I have to do liquids only. Rough! What about you.