Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going Nuts! Help Please.

It is my 6 mo surgiversary and although I have lost 93% of my excess weight I am not feeling so great. Despite going from size 18/20 to 6/8 I can still see that huge obese woman in my reflection and it scares me. Some days I fall back into old habits and get lazy to go to the gym so I've found myself purposefuly throwing up. I know this is not a good thing and I am fighting hard not to do this. Yes i probably need to see a therapist but i thought maybe some of you can help in sharing your experience.

OK first of all you need to STOP with the htrowing up.. not good for you. I did that for 4 months and ending up in the hospital for a week to get thing all straight. What I was told to do if you are throwing up go back to the begining start on soft foods for a few days.. then move on trom there. But like you I was OBESSED with my weight.. Why do I no look skinny.. We honey everyone else see's the skinny girl your eyes only do not. So that is a you problem... You need to start thinking when you look in the mirrow I do look skinny you have to retrain your brain. I know that sounds funny but you do.. I went from 245 to 118 and when I look in the mirrow I still see the fat gril but now I tell my brain I DONT CARE what you say I'm a size 0.. You really need to talk to someone.. It helped me that my huasband did the same sleeve on the same day. He has lost 65lbs. But he know what I feel when i eat something I dont need to Like I cant eat fried foods really I get sick feeling.. So I might take 1 or 2 bits and then move to something else.. I hope this helps you..

Beverly

Six months is a very short time for your brain to wrap itself around such a big change. I think you're right that a therapist could help you see and feel yourself the way you really look and feel now. I've already read "Skinny Jeans at last. Secrets to long term weight loss surgery success." by Cliff Thomas, M.D. It was a eye-opener for me on some issues I've been secretly harboring and how to address them. Get some help so you can enjoy your success. You deserve to be proud and happy!!

When you say you are throwing up, do you mean you eat something you know is not good for you and then throw up so you won't digest it? Or do you throw up because your stomach won't tolerate it? If you are using vomiting as an aid to your weight loss, that's a big red flag and I'm sure you know that.

It takes a while to think of yourself as small. I still struggle with putting my old portion sizes on the plate if I'm tired or distracted and generally head for the Large tops in the store before I think, no, that size doesn't fit anymore. Being smaller will eventually come to be your new normal, give it some more time.

OK first of all you need to STOP with the htrowing up.. not good for you. I did that for 4 months and ending up in the hospital for a week to get thing all straight. What I was told to do if you are throwing up go back to the begining start on soft foods for a few days.. then move on trom there. But like you I was OBESSED with my weight.. Why do I no look skinny.. We honey everyone else see's the skinny girl your eyes only do not. So that is a you problem... You need to start thinking when you look in the mirrow I do look skinny you have to retrain your brain. I know that sounds funny but you do.. I went from 245 to 118 and when I look in the mirrow I still see the fat gril but now I tell my brain I DONT CARE what you say I'm a size 0.. You really need to talk to someone.. It helped me that my huasband did the same sleeve on the same day. He has lost 65lbs. But he know what I feel when i eat something I dont need to Like I cant eat fried foods really I get sick feeling.. So I might take 1 or 2 bits and then move to something else.. I hope this helps you..

Beverly

Beverly

Thank you for sharing and congrats on getting to 118 I hope I can get down around there. I am currently struggling but hopeful! I just really want to never gain wait again and I'm so afraid this will happen, I know I am the only that can control this and not let the obsessive thoughts take over. How long did it take you to get to 118

Six months is a very short time for your brain to wrap itself around such a big change. I think you're right that a therapist could help you see and feel yourself the way you really look and feel now. I've already read "Skinny Jeans at last. Secrets to long term weight loss surgery success." by Cliff Thomas' date=' M.D. It was a eye-opener for me on some issues I've been secretly harboring and how to address them. Get some help so you can enjoy your success. You deserve to be proud and happy!![/quote']

Gisselle

Thanks for the post. I think I will search for a therapist and check out the skinny jean book. I need to take control and part of this is not just the weight loss but not letting food control me or me actions thanks

When you say you are throwing up' date=' do you mean you eat something you know is not good for you and then throw up so you won't digest it? Or do you throw up because your stomach won't tolerate it? If you are using vomiting as an aid to your weight loss, that's a big red flag and I'm sure you know that.

It takes a while to think of yourself as small. I still struggle with putting my old portion sizes on the plate if I'm tired or distracted and generally head for the Large tops in the store before I think, no, that size doesn't fit anymore. Being smaller will eventually come to be your new normal, give it some more time.[/quote']

Fox

Yeah still can't see my self as small. I sometes am sitting at the couch and glance over to the window an see my distorted reflection and begin to obsess my partner now makes sure the curtains are shut I've also decided to tell what is going on she has been keeping an eye on me after eating so I don't go throw up. Thanks for the support I was too ashamed to share at group

Never be ashamed , especially to turn to us , most of whom deal with exactly what your going through.. Your doin fantastic, just keep your head up , and stay focused on the goal.. Happier, healthier you!!!

I really like the idea of returning to early food stages. Keep an eye to the type of foods that are triggering this behavior and remove them until you get clarity and control. Brave soul for reaching out!

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX