Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any "revisionistas" Interested In Doing A Fall Weight Loss Challenge?

I guess I am targeting this question to people who are a few months out so who are past the initial soft/mushy phase etc.

Not proposing a race or anything, more like we each set personal goals. For example, I would like to get to 180 by my one year surgiversary of 12/12/12. That is 20# in just over 3 months - in the past that would have been no problem, but i am at the phase where the weight loss is going really slow and I am going to have to kick it in to high gear to make that happen. I have taken some time off from intense exercise and all that - returning to the gym mid Sept and thinking about all the ways I can refocus and jump start the losses again.

Other people might want to work on taking Vitamins more reguarly, Water intake, exercise etc etc - it does not need to be a number on the scale.

Can make the duration shorter - maybe set the first challenge to end by Halloween?

I just thought something specific to revision patients might be fun as we all share in both some benefits (what we learned while banded) and some disadvantages (what we learned while banded perhaps too??) - but anyway we can relate to each other with this common history.

Anybody interested and we can start a thread where we can post regular updates and encouragements to each other. How long of a duration should the first challenge me - does ending by Halloween sound good or ??

This sounds exactly like what I need.

I am 208 pounds and 10 days from 6 months post op.

Started exercsizing a few weeks ago.

I want to be 185 at least by the 18th of December (big reunion holiday in SA).I also have to figure out how not to take a laxative every day.Have to eat more fibre without increasing the carbs too much.

Good to have some accountability!

Well, doesn't look like there is much interest in this - so maybe not.

Desertmom - maybe we could do some sort of support/motivation as we both have some goals for the next few months!