Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Good Morning All!

I feel even more sore today! I think its all this sitting at work. After work yesterday I had to drive an hour to class, sit there for 3 long boring hours, and then drive the hour home. Today I could use more more sleep. I think its from scrunching and typing.

yesterday was a bad food day! First I drop my Soup all over the kitchen counter at work. Then on the way to class I open up the emergency SlimFast shake I had and I had grabbed the low carb instead of the high protien and I didn't like it. GRR! So i figrued I could buy soup on campus since its usually chicken noodle with lots of broth. This was the chunkiest soup ever! All noodle and chicken and very little liquid. I ate just a little and chewed it alot. AH it felt good to chew!!

I better get back to work.

have a great day!

Eww, those low carb Slim Fast's are nasty! So are the Nouriche smoothies. Yuck. I prefer the Slim Fast low carb, extra creamy or the EAS Carbvantage which has 100 less calories than the Slim Fast. I LOVE the Jell-o sugar free puddings for a sweet treat, they have the best flavors - Dulce de Leche and Mint chocolate Fudge are my faves.

Sorry about dropping your Soup, Sonia. Bummer.

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday..and Kristi Alley came out in a bikini.. :omg: ... one day I hope to wear a bikini.. hope my scars are gone..

I saw it! I don't think i would ever wear a bikini but she did look a great. What about that poor girl that had the gastric bypass? i cried :cry poor thing even though she looked great I think she still resents her father. :o

momotrips, I agree with you they are not good, i don't like any of the slim fast ones at all. yucky

Hi Ladies,

I'm just joining LBT and I guess i'm part of the OCTOBER crew! I was banded on 10/30/06. Any suggestion for Breakfast? Last night i did something horrible. My daughter had a b-day party and I ate 2 bites of pizza. I was so full but i'm supposed to be on full-liquids. I feel so guilty I haven't ate all day today. Talk to you ladies soon.....

Le2sha :o)

Le2sha

How about cream of wheat or oatmeal they have those varitey packs in different flavors, yogurt (lite n fit) or s/f carnation instant breakfast.

Welcome Le2sha! The s/f carnation instant breakfasts arepretty good and I use it with Rice Dream and not milk.

I had brought some veggie broth but I just couldnt do it. I went to Culvers for their chicken noodle. I only had a few of the noodles had barely ate 1/2 of it. And I am stuffed.

For those of us banded recently - are your scars starting to itch like mad? Do you put anything on them?

For those of us banded recently - are your scars starting to itch like mad? Do you put anything on them?

YES!!!! Mine are driving me CRAZY!!!!! My doctor used glue and that is just starting to come off.... So I have started putting lotion on my tummy to see if it helps.... It seems to do nothing, but at least I feel like I am trying to do something about it! The main area of itching is around my port incision.... Some mornings I want to take my loofa and rub the heck out of it.... But I refrain.... that would be bad.. lol

hi everyone,

i am a new november bandster and i wanted to ask you guys that are few weeks ahead of me how long did your gas pain last? i am 6 days out and i thought the pain was getting better, but today is my first day back to work and having to sit at this computer all day is really hurting. any hope on this ending anytime soon?

Welcome Le2sha! The s/f carnation instant breakfasts arepretty good and I use it with Rice Dream and not milk.

I had brought some veggie broth but I just couldnt do it. I went to Culvers for their chicken noodle. I only had a few of the noodles had barely ate 1/2 of it. And I am stuffed.

OMG!!! I had 7 incisions.. and they itched like crazy.. if I would just touch it.. it would itch.. and then I would be scratching my whole stomach.. I looked like a dog being scratched.. my episodes would last about 30 minutes.. I finally put benedryl, and lotion on them.. Gold Bond worked good.. but kept it away from the actual incisions..

Ahh the good old healing days..... hehe itchy tummys and gas hahaha

I dont feel so much gassy anymore.... just walk it off and try and pass it . Wasnt Dr. Ortiz awesome Kym 828? I had him to.... and I feel great. Was banded on 10-26. I was starting to think that my back pain was coming from my *Auntie Flow*- which is due next week. I have horriable pms symptoms. I just never experienced this back pain so severe. Almost like when i gave birth... type of feeling. Myzsmartypants said she drank a Margarita last weekend.... Oh I have been so ever tempted for a sip of one! What did it feel like? Did you feel more intoxicated then before the band? Was just curious. Joy Joy you are losing so much weight girl! Thats awesome! *cheers* I cant get past the 17 pounds. I know i am fraking it up with the mushies. Yesturday I ended up eating 3 of those sf puddings. They taste so damn good, dont worry.. i didnt eat all 3 at the same time! I woke up and ate one thinking, ok this is it for the day... no more treats. But then the afternoon came .... was like... ok just one more... and i did it again before bed! Hehe..... I am a bad bandster..... /slaps Raynies hand. lol ~Raynie!

Since i had a few noodles at lunch all I want it is mushies!! I was going to be strong and wait the one more day but I have seriously been obsessing about tacobell's Beans and culvers mashed potatoes all afternoon!

Maybe I'll go home and make the recipe thats in the mushie section - ricotta cheese, mozeralla and spaghetti sauce. I just can't have any more soup!!!!

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am souped out too and I was just thinking i'm only a week post-op. YES..... These bandages are itching like crazy but the Dr. said to leave them alone and put nothing on them because they'll get a rash.

I have glue on my incisions instead of staples or stitches. They have been itching like crazy. I put just a little neosporin on them and they have been fine since. They were dry and pulling. I have put it on them like every other day for the past week and it has worked wonders. I don't know if I should have, but it sure makes them bearable.

Soniacan- we must read each others mind! I have been craving the exact same things! I swear I could moosh a Beef Meximelt in my mouth from Taco Bell! I had Soup for dinner last night.... I bought like $30 worth of Soups from the store. All kinds and brands.... they all seem to have chunks of food in em. Blah! I cant take this liquid anymore lol

I really really dont want to regain any weight that I lost already. Even though I know this isnt the time for losing... its a time for healing. But I think a little head start doesnt hurt. I need all the help I can get! Ok this is bad- I ate a little something today and I drank Water with it to purposely wash it down. I was getting paranoid that I was stretching out the pouch. like a fraking guilty feeling. I think I am starting to obsess about this band. Its all I think about... Like Oh God... what was that feeling? I hope everything is ok... hehe and I refuse to talk during a meal, in fear of pre swallowing with out chewing.... my poor family... I am a bandit nuthead already, and it hasnt even been 2 weeks! :o ~Raynie!

Raynie,

I put my Soups in the blender and get all the chunks out. It is kind of a pain (to me), but I do several different ones and put them in bowls ready for zapping. I think I will kill someone if I have another cup of broth.< /span>

lol