Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seconds Thoughts?

In 26 hours I will be sleeved. Having second thoughts?? My mind is playing tricks on me telling me that I really do not need this surgery!! I know I do need it and still am going through it....was wondering did anyone go through this....is it normal?

I am looking forward to the weight loss and able to run around and play with my 5 year old....Today she asked me if this surgery will help me take her to the park and play with her...I just cried realizing I am missing part of her life because of the ball and chain I have on my body....

I want to be healthy and be off MOST of my meds.....tired of giving myself insulin and taking so many pills...I feel like my parents where they take a pill for every ailment they have...I refuse to be like them.....

I want to walk into a normal store and buy ANYTHING off the hanger without wondering how long can I fit into these clothes before I have to buy new ones cause I out grew them,,,,,,

I am tired of being tired and out of breathe everytime I do something or too much pain cause of the pain in my legs and back due to the weight gain...looking forward to being able to take control of my own home and clean it the way I love to clean....

YES THE SLEEVE IS FOR ME!!!! I am playing mind games with my brain telling thenm that I need to do this because of all the positive in my life....TIME TO GET RID OF THE NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be sleeved on the 20th. I'm going through some anxiety as well. It's such a huge and drastic step that will be for the rest of our lives.

I talk myself out of the anxiety knowing that I will succeed and be off all of the meds that I hate taking every single day. I am looking forward to not having to pay the monthly cost of the prescriptions. I'd rather take that money and put it into a savings account for a vacation (a real honeymoon for my husband and me!)

This isn't and easy choice or decision. It's just that our brains like to try to talk us out of doing what is hard. Why not take the easy road?

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! You will be successful! We don't have to become our parents!

Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress!

Good morning and I will be sleeved on next Monday a week from today! Yes it is normal to feel like you feel. I am dealing with very little support from my parents and last night I had to just get away for a little while to think! My parents each have a lunch box that they keep their medication in.... I love them but I don't want to end up like that. Remember what brought you to this place. Remember how you feel and how you know you will feel after the surgery? This is for your health and don't let nothing keep you from doing it. Sending prayers your way and I know you are going to do great

I can assure you this is completely normal. So normal in fact that I bet you'd have. Hard time finding someone that didn't experience the last minute doubts.

I would say if you don't have "second thoughts" or are not anxious, you probably aren't normal. I was comfortable with my decision and didn't think my surgery date would come fast enough. BUT those last few days before surgery I felt the same way.....even thought about walking out of the hospital once I was there.....until I spoke with my surgeon right before surgery and he reassured me that it was the right choice and he would take care of me!

For what it's worth, I had similar second thoughts the few days before another "elective" (but highly, highly encouraged by my PCP and my gynecologist as the best option) surgery. I knew that the surgery would take care of the never-ending pain and other issues that were severely impacting my quality of life, but I kept wondering if I had exhausted the less extreme options, and if I should go back and rethink this.

Luckily, my surgeon and his staff had all told me to expect a bout of second-guessing, and walked me through the medical pros and cons of all my options pretty thoroughly. I was also told it might be a good idea to put why I wanted the surgery done in writing so I could remind myself when I got worried that I *had* considered the options thoroughly, and I had excellent reasons for moving forward. It helped more than you might think to be able to pull out the bullet lists on the options as well as the list of my personal reasons for proceeding when I started second-guessing.

In 26 hours I will be sleeved. Having second thoughts?? My mind is playing tricks on me telling me that I really do not need this surgery!! I know I do need it and still am going through it....was wondering did anyone go through this....is it normal?

I am looking forward to the weight loss and able to run around and play with my 5 year old....Today she asked me if this surgery will help me take her to the park and play with her...I just cried realizing I am missing part of her life because of the ball and chain I have on my body....

I want to be healthy and be off MOST of my meds.....tired of giving myself insulin and taking so many pills...I feel like my parents where they take a pill for every ailment they have...I refuse to be like them.....

I want to walk into a normal store and buy ANYTHING off the hanger without wondering how long can I fit into these clothes before I have to buy new ones cause I out grew them' date=',,,,,

I am tired of being tired and out of breathe everytime I do something or too much pain cause of the pain in my legs and back due to the weight gain...looking forward to being able to take control of my own home and clean it the way I love to clean....

YES THE SLEEVE IS FOR ME!!!! I am playing mind games with my brain telling thenm that I need to do this because of all the positive in my life....TIME TO GET RID OF THE NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Being 36 and on b/p and diabetes meds was the only reminder I needed. Everytime I thought about insulin shots, I said, "Get'er done."