Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Started Cincinnati Sleevers Group

I did not find a group for us Cincinnati sleevers. I am pre-op and just got my approval letter last week. My doctor is Dr. Curry. I have seen others out there that are from Cincinnati and have Dr. Curry. So maybe we can exchange ideas, concerns, fears, encourgement and plain old "war stories" Please help me populate this with articles, recipes and other items. THANKS

Hi I am also considering Dr Curry had appt last week. I know I read something about a manual. Is there a bigger manual that what

is in the bag that they give you. Come on all you ppl out their who already had the surgery give us some insight. I am still going

back and forth on this or the band. But it seems like alot of people like the band.

I was the same way, but when I met with Dr. Curry he convinced me the band was better. It has a lot less maintance. In other words you don't have to keep going back to get it filled. A LOT less likely of food getting stuck and it's a lot easier not to give up or get off track with the sleeve. If you give up with the band after a while the "fluid" leaks out and out can go back to eating too much and lose all the ground you have gained. I get my sleeve on 9/24

I too am looking into Dr. Curry, I haven't met with him yet though. I am self pay so I am trying to get my monies together before I do anything. My cousin went to him for her lap band and loved him, and I have yet to hear anything negative about him.

He may push the band because he's is known as the Lap Band Dr. It's sort of his specialty lol (I heard he even did his own wives lap band surgery, and of course he's lap band himself). So he knows a lot about it!

Yes he is very good, but it's not just him. In my opinion it's the whole set up that I like. The surgery center and everything is right there in one place. Kinda of a one stop shop. My surgery date is Sept. 24. When I met with him I was on the fence leaning more to the sleeve and he was the one that actually recommended the sleeve. They do have financing avail thru three or four different companies. Another thing I like is fact you can do the seminars and most ofthe paperwork on line.

Hi Ladies!

I had my surgery through Good Samaritan. I was sleeved on June 4th 2012. I have lost 53 pounds, with 30 more till gooooooal. :-)

This surgery was the best thing I've ever done for myself!

Good Sally congrats on your weight loss....I know I have a long way to go but I just want to make sure I am able to tone the majority of my body. more than likely I will need a Tummy Tuck. Katie he recommended sleeve for me because I have to lose over a hundred but I don't want to be thin. I figure around 160lbs I will still be considered overweight but hey that's ok. Lets keep posting.

Sally, great job. keep up the good work. Lynn, happy to have you in the group. Health is the most important part of all this so we can enjoy life to the fullest and longest possible.