Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting For Approval What Do You Think Of My Chance?

I just got all my paper work into United Healthcare Choice Plus. My requirements were 5 year weight history and letter of failed attempts. For my five yeat weight history I was 235, 215, 215, 235, 250 from 2008-2012. I also am pre-diabetic, have asthma, polycystic ovary syndrome and social anxiety because of my weight. I provided the insuracnce with a letter from my pcp and my therapist. My doctor wrote down several diets I tried and also gym attempts. My BMI has always been above 35, but not 40. This year it really shot up. My insurance coordiantor said that she thinks it will more likely be approvaed with my 2 comorbidites, then without but I am scared they are not going to approve me at all. What do you think? How long did they take to approve or deny you?

I also have the same insurance with the same requirements. When I first got banded it took only three days for the approval. I am having it removed and that also took three days for the approval. They are putting mine through insurance this week so Iam assured w/in a week or two it would be good to go.

WITH THAT I would say w/in a week or two they should have word. With your 2 comorbities you should be good to go.

Good luck!!!!!!! Keep us posted and add us as friends if you need anyone to talk to.

Angela

My insurance required a 6 mth diet plan, psych visit, and DR write up. I've been waiting for 1 week today. I have United Health Care too, but those weren't my requirements. So..... I'm sooo Anixous though!!!! Waiting on that Word!!!!! Waiting on that DATE!!!!!

I am so nervous! I have called everyday from when it sent first to make sure they got it now to see if it's been approved. It's only been 3 days but I just want to know! The waiting game is the hardest part. I'm just scared they aren't goin to accept me

I am so nervous! I have called everyday from when it sent first to make sure they got it now to see if it's been approved. It's only been 3 days but I just want to know! The waiting game is the hardest part. I'm just scared they aren't goin to accept me

Same Here!!!!

My surgeon already set my surgery date do that's driving me even more crazy. If I get denied I'll have to probably push it back and appeal. This whole situation is so frustrating. I'm fat! Let me be healthy!

Well, did my daily call. Today's update is that it's in review and call back at the end of the week. I wish I could find out! Next few days are going to be too long.

Did you ask the insurance company what they consider "comorbidities"? My insurance only accepts hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart disese, sleep apnea.

They don't consider asthma, arthritis or a lot of the other lovely problems caused by obesity

bmi.png

At first the only 2 comorb's I had were pycos and pre-diabetes, and the anxiety issue. My insurcance coordinator asked me if I had anything else I could send and after going through insurance records I realized when I was sick at one point and they perscribed me an inhaler, it was for asthma. She said that was one of the things I needed so I hope so! I tried to provide as much extra information as I could so I had a better chance.

I feel for you. Waiting also. I have Western Health Advantage grouping with Hills Physicians. Took their six month class/weigh ins, psych evaluation, all required procedures done, also attended mandatory support group meeting, nutrition class and seminar required by surgeon. Have pre-diabetes, BMI is 40. This is the hardest part waiting.

It really is...i have anxiety which makes it worse. I'm driving my fiance nuts! We both can't wait for the answer just so I can relax. Much Luck to you! I hope you're approved! do you have a date yet?

No date yet. Surgeon won't schedule one-on-one appt until surgical authorization request is on-line in their system. My PCP's medical asst is working on it from what I was told this morning. I hope you get fantastic news so you both can relax!

Just got off the phone and.....I'm approved! 3 days is all it took and I'm so happy!

Just got off the phone and.....I'm approved! 3 days is all it took and I'm so happy!

So happy for you!!! There is hope for the rest of us waiting too!!

bmi.png