Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just came home from a vacation in Las Vegas and i know now more than ever that this surgery is for me. I am sick and tired of being fat!!! I was embarrassed as men in their fifties were breezing by me as I was walking down the strip about to hyperventilate. I was embarrassed trying to squeeze into the seats at the shows we attended. I was embarrassed at struggling to fasten my seat belt on the plane. Most of all i was offended when not one but two flight attendants asked the passenger sitting next to me and my husband, who is the same size as me, if he was going to be comfortable sitting with us. I am hoping these last 3 months fly by and my insurance company approves me because it is definitely time for a major change.

sick and tired of being fat!!!

azzyjay

i think its safe to say we can all relate to your statement. for one reason or another, we all hit rock bottom/final straw, which then has brought us here. (another thread about this)

how embarrassing when those nasty flight attendents showed concern for the other passenger, inquiring if he was comfortable to......................

IMO, anyone representing a company/office etc. - like those flight attendents show be reported.

We are all working/achieving our weight loss.

are they working/achieving getting over their rudeness?

hoping these 3 months do go by quickly, getting approved my insurance and getting a sleeve date.

then you can officially start the beginning of your long journey through weighloss and success and a healthier happier you

good luck with your sleeve

Totally relate to your story, been there too and felt the same as you. I hate sitting in planes ... That moment wondering if the belt will fit. Its so humiliating.

Even my daughter is picked on by other kids because of my weight- my husband and kids are slim and healthy weights, but people think its ok to make comment about my weight to her, she is 9 for goodness sakes!?.Unbelievable.

I'm sick fed up of people only seeing me as fat, or worse still....... not seeing me at all. Do you know what I mean? It's like you get to a point that your weight means people write you off, you become invisible even though you couldnt be actually any bigger.....they don't see you for the person you are, people are not interested in your views and certainly don't see you as attractive in any sense of the word....Time for a change indeed. Roll on 4th October - sleeve date for me. Good luck to you for your future xxxx

#onedayiwillbeslim SD - October 4th 2012

@ likeasulema thanks and good luck on your journey as well.

@ scottishlassie i am continually surprised at how kids can be so mean. I don't understand how people can be so disrespectful of each other. congrats on getting your surgery date and best wishes for your weight loss !!

Amen, sistah! We've all been there, and it ain't pretty! Especially the airplane part- yikes.

Best wishes on your journey!

When you reach your beautiful thin goal, I fully expect you to get back on that plane (preferrably with the same attenant) and when she comes by to offer drinks/snacks, I want you to turn to the 3rd person in the row with you and ask him/her if they are comfortable with her waiting on them. How RUDE! Since when is it ok to descriminate against those who are overweight, but they can be so PC in every other situation? The nerve.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches